Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Hawaiian Baby Woodrose

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Argyreia nervosa vs. Merremia tuberosa
    #3447409 - 12/04/04 10:07 PM (12 years, 5 days ago)

recently a friend has obtained both, hawaiian baby woodrose seeds, and hawaiian baby woodrose (ghana strain) seeds....from this website.... i have a very strong suspicion that the ghana strain is actually hawaiian woodrose (Merremia tuberosa) which according to the information ive gathered, isnt psychoactive, or is very slightly psychoactive.

from subjective tests it appears even after 25 "ghana strain" seeds were ingested, there are no effects, or more specifically no effects that can not be ignored.

the india strain however is very nice, and gives a distinctive psychadelic effect, although it is laking some key sensations i associate with other more potent psychoactives....

im wondering if anyone knows about this "ghana strain" as i suspect that it is merely a vendor making a quick buck on a stupid market. i think the "ghana strain" is actually the inactive Merremia tuberosa... if anyone knows anything about this chime in, im trying to figure it out.

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Argyreia nervosa vs. Merremia tuberosa [Re: amyloid]
    #3449812 - 12/05/04 01:44 PM (12 years, 4 days ago)

They are a very reliable and recommended site. I highly doubt they would engage in such questionable business practices. The Ghana strain you mention is very weak. My guess is that it's so weak that you haven't tried enough to get a noticable psychactive effect.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Re: Argyreia nervosa vs. Merremia tuberosa [Re: dblaney]
    #3454027 - 12/06/04 12:27 PM (12 years, 4 days ago)

i cant digest that the same species could produce such completely differnt active levels. what are the differences between seeds from merremia tuberosa and argyreia nervosa?

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Re: Argyreia nervosa vs. Merremia tuberosa [Re: dblaney]
    #3454550 - 12/06/04 02:13 PM (12 years, 3 days ago)

are u speaking from actual experience or are u simply reguritating what was on the site? what information do you have that shows strains of argyreia nervosa compared by psyhadelic content?

--------------------
-Al Einstein

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Argyreia nervosa vs. Merremia tuberosa [Re: amyloid]
    #3455380 - 12/06/04 05:32 PM (12 years, 3 days ago)

I'm speaking from experience (not mine, of course)...but there's going to be different levels of the active chemicals in all plants. Think about coffee or even weed. I have not actually sampled every strain of HBWR out there, but at the prices they're being sold at, I wouldn't expect the Ghana strain to be altogether that potent. But that's just me.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Hawaiian Baby Woodrose

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden