Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: To Swami and his followers [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #3449260 - 12/05/04 11:13 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Shit, these threads are INSANE.

Once again I find myself saying, "why did I come in here?"

Oh yeah, I remember now. I wanted to say this:

STOP CREATING SEPERATION!!!!!!!!!

For christ's sake! (no pun intended) If you want conflict, you will find it by making overly generalized seperations like "All you Christians" and "Swami and his followers."

It's FACT that SOME Christians are truly loving people with their heart in the right place, and SOME Christians are deeply fucked up. The same goes for EVERY OTHER RELIGION.

Don't be so quick to place yourself on one side or the other of THAT distinction. Instead, sit back and question for a few moments whether or not you are being as true to yourself and to your fellow man as you could be.

It's ALSO true that everyone who disagrees with you does not AUTOMATICALLY BECOME YOUR ENEMY. Don't rush to lump people together in such generalizations as "Swami and his followers". Which one am I? Here's a hint: I think Swami's fucking right, but I also think he's kind of a dick about it.

So where do you place me? Since you're so damn good at seperation, perhaps you can help to show me where I fit into your black and white scale.

Here's a hint: There is a lot of grey in the middle, and I LIVE in that grey zone. A LOT of us do.

P.S. This response is a general response and I not directed at you personally FreakQ.. infact, you're probably one of the only ones this isn't directed to, ironically.  :smirk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada Flag
Re: To Swami and his followers [Re: looner2]
    #3449274 - 12/05/04 11:18 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

looner2 said:
Big whoop that Jesus died on a cross. So he had to suffer for a couple days. Not bad knowing you will have a very powerful place in heaven for all eternity. Us mortals have to die with the ever looming thought, "is this it???". Jesus was weak.

Jesus "weak"? Um, no. Even his last words on the cross were something like:"Father, why has thou forsaken me?" I am suggesting(obviously i don't KNOW) the very real possibility that Jesus's last worldy thought was that all of his suffering had been in vain. That would have been a horrible way to go after all he had been through on Man's behalf. He had to die as any other mortal man would(unless of course they had accepted God's gift of salvation through Jesus)

This is not weakness on my part either, i'm sure that most of you here are smart enough that You would have turned to God after he had shown YOU that Heaven and Hell were realities, I on the other hand waited 30 years  :crazy:

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

Re: To Swami and his followers [Re: Swami]
    #3449602 - 12/05/04 12:48 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Followers? Is this a joke?

And those that do believe will benefit from it.

Except that the benefits, like the belief, is imaginary. Your personal story aside, Christians have roughly the same suicide, alcoholism, murder, adultery, wife-beating, child-molesting, tax-cheating rate as non-Christians. There is NO reason why a beneficial change (even an interior one) should not be readily apparent in large-scale behavorial social studies.

Firsty, whoever said that when you become a Christian you are from then on perfect? Yes, there are DEFINETLY internal benefits (non-imaginary - if you were a Christian you would understand), but Jesus and his message for the future of those who followed them wasn't to be a perfect and "easy" one, but a continuos battle against the evil that Jesus taught against and persecution by those who are unbelieving..

Secondly, statistics mean nothing and I would like to see your source of information for that claim. Also, you have to take into account the true Christian and the hypocritical Christians to be 100% accurate in your claims and don't think that where you got that information (probably just your own reasoning) can really seperate true from false Christian.

You took the man's claim out of context Swami.

--------------------

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Re: To Swami and his followers [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3449614 - 12/05/04 12:51 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I totally hear where you're coming from when you say separation, however it wasn't me that started and named the thread, as much as anyone on these boards i would like us all to be one giant extended family of man irrespective of religious/philosophicl beliefs, skin color ad infinitum and i totally realize that my particular chosen faith does tends to separate people. I am forced to espouse what i believe to be true at the risk of causing schisms which I PERSONally wish didn't even exist, man you really force me to examine my self and my beliefs  :heart: :thumbup: :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

#3449622 - 12/05/04 12:53 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Hehe.. like I said man, that response wasn't directed to you really. I didn't want to direct it at anyone in particular, and so I just responded to the last post. :smile:

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

#3449634 - 12/05/04 12:55 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

This response is a general response and I not directed at you personally FreakQ.. infact, you're probably one of the only ones this isn't directed to, ironically. 

That IS irony in action :grin: I'm sincerely glad you feel that way Jacques :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #3449639 - 12/05/04 12:56 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Even his last words on the cross were something like:"Father, why has thou forsaken me?" I am suggesting(obviously i don't KNOW) the very real possibility that Jesus's last worldy thought was that all of his suffering had been in vain.

Actually, his last words were "It is finished." which suggests to me that he knew his mission was complete. God turned his face away from him for a moment before that, and that too was part of his trial.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Offlinedeff
mysticlove
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: To Swami and his followers [Re: Jellric]
    #3449656 - 12/05/04 12:59 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

ya I saw the movie too :smile:

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3449660 - 12/05/04 01:00 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

"It is finished, set it free"
-unknown :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

#3449669 - 12/05/04 01:02 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Well if that was in fact a proper correction then thanks for the elucidation :wink:As it turns out i'm just starting to get aquaintedwith the Bible now :smile:

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #3449673 - 12/05/04 01:04 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

FreakQlibrium said:
Quote:

Swami said:
Followers? Is this a joke?

And those that do believe will benefit from it.

Except that the benefits, like the belief, is imaginary. Your personal story aside, Christians have roughly the same suicide, alcoholism, murder, adultery, wife-beating, child-molesting, tax-cheating rate as non-Christians. There is NO reason why a beneficial change (even an interior one) should not be readily apparent in large-scale behavorial social studies.

Swami:I love YOU as a brother as well despite our religious/philosophical differences. As is often the case you are able to substantiate your non belief in God by producing "facts". I am not arguing your facts, i am willing to accept what you have just said soley on your word. My rebuttle is that the Christians to which you refer are not REAL Christians. "Many are called but few are chosen" or words to that effect :wink:

Peace be with you
:sun: :heart: :sun: :thumbup: :thumbup: :smile:

It's not surprising that Christians have the same suicide rate, etc., as atheists.  In fact, there are many Christians that will be left behind when rapture occurs becuase they didn't really "believe".  They just mouthed the words. 

After rapture, they will have a second chance, before Jesus comes one last time.

But they didn't really believe in Jesus and God, or they wouldn't do all the things they did.  You can tell a Christian by his deeds.  By his works.  Not by the words he mouths.  And it's the "Christians" who merely mouth the words that create a bad name for Christians who truly believe and who truly try to live a life like Christ's.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Re: To Swami and his followers [Re: Frog]
    #3449712 - 12/05/04 01:16 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

^^^^W3RD

You can take the Freak out of OTD but you can't take the OTD out of the Freak :grin:

--------------------

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
    #3449733 - 12/05/04 01:20 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

He had to die as any other mortal man would(unless of course they had accepted God's gift of salvation through Jesus)

But then Jesus would not have died for their sins, so there would have been no salvation available for them anyway.

Right?

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: To Swami and his followers [Re: ld50negative1]
    #3449761 - 12/05/04 01:28 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Also, you have to take into account the true Christian and the hypocritical Christians to be 100% accurate in your claims.

Please include a metric so that I may be more accurate.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#3449768 - 12/05/04 01:30 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Here's a hint: I think Swami's fucking right, but I also think he's kind of a dick about it.

But seeing as how I use the word "please" more frequently than anyone else here, you must admit I am a very polite dick.  :tongue2:

--------------------

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Re: To Swami and his followers [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #3449775 - 12/05/04 01:32 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Lightningfractal said:
Quote:

He had to die as any other mortal man would(unless of course they had accepted God's gift of salvation through Jesus)

But then Jesus would not have died for their sins, so there would have been no salvation available for them anyway.

Right?

Excellent point LF, i should prolly go back to read my original post but of course, THAT would make too much sense :smile: so i'll attempt to interpret what you just said in light of what I had said earlier even though i have no idea of what that was :grin:

I didn't mean the statement that you put in bold print to refer to the people that were there B4 Jesus actually died......or did i? :confused:

--------------------

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Re: To Swami and his followers [Re: Swami]
    #3449782 - 12/05/04 01:33 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Nah, I think you're kind of condescending and subtly antagonistic.. which "please" doesn't really make up for in my book.

But everyone has their methods, and I am not going to frown upon you for yours. I think you are a good guy, even though I don't think you use the best tactics for getting through to others.

I'd tell you I think you should reconsider your methods, but I somehow doubt it would have any effect, so I will let it be.

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
    #3449796 - 12/05/04 01:40 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I love it when philosophers quibble. LOL

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Re: To Swami and his followers [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #3449804 - 12/05/04 01:42 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

who's quibblin'? *shrug* I'm just being honest with the guy.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#3449805 - 12/05/04 01:42 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Nah, I think you're kind of condescending and subtly antagonistic...

People ACTUALLY LIKE getting their feathers ruffled a little. Check whose threads generally get the highest reader/response ratio and report back.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom