Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Great low-dose with friends idea!!
    #3445987 - 12/04/04 04:06 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Somtimes I've had great times tripping with friends on lower (less than an 8th) doses and watching interesting movies like the AniMatrix or somthing. The other day we decided to watch "Star Trek: The Motion Picture"

This movie was just screaming with symbolism and metaphors just begging to be discussed! We sat and talked about how Spock brings reason and logic to the movie...how Kirk was our ID...

I've just put more thought into this, and I think an even better idea is to watch Deep Space 9...

The premise of "wormhole aliens" that exist in a non-coporial universe, without the concept of time is facinating. Having "orb experiances" (can we say mushroom trip anyone?) that totally suck you into a whole other plane of existance...where friends and memories "talk to you", teaching and showing you things.

The writers of this series also put many parallels of current humanity into the episodes. Additionally, The Next Generation series also deals with the human condition quite a bit if you take the time to "read" into the story.

Anyone seen "Star Trek: Generations"? It's the one with Kirk and Picard...the one with the "nexus"...anyone who's tripped to lvl5 will totally go, "Oh shit dude!" when they see this part...trust me!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Great low-dose with friends idea!! [Re: MystikMushroom]
    #3446000 - 12/04/04 04:10 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Take the movie symbolism a step farther.
Everything we do and live through is the same things over and over again. It is like we are always on the same track.
"Read" into your life...Star Trek is just one of the really fun masks for the myth that is life.

No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: Great low-dose with friends idea!! [Re: MystikMushroom]
    #3446128 - 12/04/04 05:00 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

You think THAT's fun... try some kids' movies. For real, b. Especially the CG animation ones made by Disney and similar.

Ice Age
Finding Nemo
Monsters, Inc.
Brother Bear

to name a few. All HEAVILY laced with metaphorical and symbolical meaning. It's REALLY interesting to see what the creators of these movies are subliminally feeding into our childrens' (and their parents') minds.

Amazingly enough, I have never found that any of them are feeding anything I didn't agree with. The creators of these movies must have done a lot of psychedelics themselves.. haha.

Either that or I only pick up on the ones I agree with.. hah.. either way, it's a fuckin' GOOD TIME.

P.S. FUCK alice in wonderland. It is fun for the first 20 minutes, and there is a lot of interesting stuff to read into in that first 20 minutes, but after that you're just like "WHAT THE FUCK?" The whole rest of the time it's just gibberish as far as meaning is concerned... actually ruined my comedown when I watched it after a trip.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience