Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Disclaimer for the Magic Mushroom
    #3442400 - 12/03/04 01:50 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

This is a must read for anyone who wishes to experiment with the Magic Mushroom or any other psychedelic agent for that matter. It has come to me through my journeys that the ultimate truth of everything is something that most people do not want to know. Formerly, I went through my life not understanding why so many people ignore such important matters. It may seem cliche but everything is one. You are your environment and everything else too. The only thing that is going on is we are experiencing ourselves, we are "the eyes of the world." To most people, what I just said previous, is too much to handle. That is why so many people freak out on psychedelic drugs. There is nothing inherently bad or wrong with any of it, it just kind of seems impersonal. Like looking around and seeing the world populated only with you, like you are the model and everything else is just a tweak on the model.

This, at least to me, was very horrifying the time I first encountered it. Cosmic loneliness and all that jazz... But this is the effect that sensory, sleep, and food deprivation as well as psychedelic drugs bring to your mind. All of the roads lead to the same destination.

Bearing that mind, if you are afraid of sensing the ultimate truth that all is one then psychedelic mushrooms are not for you. Take it for what it is. Do not go into a trip trying to do something or control it in any way. Lots of people get drawn into mushrooms because they think can see pretty pictures and "hallucinate."This is a big mistake as the true effects show the nature of the human "computer," if you want to call it that. The hallucinations are like wrapping paper on a big gift we give to ourselves. But sooner or later these people glimpse the truth and they freak out and get scared. They say they had a bad trip and write it off like it didn't mean anything. Glimpse into the bad trips and you will learn far more than you ever did on your happiest most connected moments on a "happy" trip. The interconnectedness of everything is horrifying but that is only one way to look at it. It is also glorious and amazing. In fact it is the only thing that there is. So there is absolutely no reason to be scared.
It is: YOU!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMetaMountain
New hand

Loc: FromSoFarAwayYouWontBelie...
Re: Disclaimer for the Magic Mushroom [Re: mecreateme]
    #3442451 - 12/03/04 02:09 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

that was truely great reading..
doesnt fear itself come from the unknown?

Most people will do everything in their power to not confront their fears and psychedelics--->'con it by rote and caste it unto your teeth'(Shakespere,Julius Ceaser)

I think most people use it recreationally anyways so they/we are gonna hit a wall sooner or later.

Love and good trips...(bad learning ones too :cool: :cool:)

InvisibleTYL3R
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Disclaimer for the Magic Mushroom [Re: MetaMountain]
    #3442507 - 12/03/04 02:25 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

opinions

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
Re: Disclaimer for the Magic Mushroom [Re: TYL3R]
    #3443049 - 12/03/04 04:36 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

You can offer your opinion as well :laugh:

Offlinesublimistri
Higher Than AKite
Male User Gallery

Loc: Forgotten
Re: Disclaimer for the Magic Mushroom [Re: Psiloman]
    #3443131 - 12/03/04 05:13 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i think he thinks too highly of his own opinion. He talks like everyting he says is a fact..

--------------------
Tradelist
My Ethnobotanical Garden
Cup Greenhouse Tek. Make small sturdy pots (With detachable grenhouse tops) with cups.

Your human friend will have to dose atropine uninformed, I will not spread information that may harm a cat. - Wiccan_Seeker

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: Disclaimer for the Magic Mushroom [Re: sublimistri]
    #3443879 - 12/03/04 09:27 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

sublimistri said:
i think he thinks too highly of his own opinion. He talks like everyting he says is a fact..

agreed. :thumbdown:

There's more to it than just the fact that everything is connected. You shouldn't talk about it like it's something so simple.  Yes it is true that we are all connected but you have to realize that the universe is infinite in the sense that we can zoom in or out forever...  There's so many levels of our connectedness that it's unfair to say it's the only true truth.  The only reason people may find its scary is because it's something that's completely out of their control.  If one is to realize that they never had any fuckin control to begin with, except for what they do with their life, then you will not be at a loss of anything.

Just appreciate the fact that we all have the power to believe what we want.  Don't act as if what you believe is the only truth.  We are all equal.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

InvisibleMystikMushroom
I RULE YOU!
Re: Disclaimer for the Magic Mushroom [Re: Ginseng1]
    #3444152 - 12/03/04 11:01 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Maybe not in this lifetime, or 10 lifetimes...but eventually you'll reach the same place and conclusions as mecreateme.

Untill then, the doubt the rest of you have will linger. That is unless you decide you WANT to let go. This is much harder than it sounds and not everyone is ready to truley "let go" and discover that they are God.

Offlinetwilight715
Just anotherFreak in theFreak Kingdom

Re: Disclaimer for the Magic Mushroom [Re: MystikMushroom]
    #3444556 - 12/04/04 02:26 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i definitely understand what you mean, but i still believe in bad trips...this goes back to the factual basis of a mushroom/psychedelic trip. you are not entering a different world or enhancing your perception, you are ingesting chemicals to impair/change your perception. although strange and deeply philosophical ideas can be brought about in a mushroom trip, it's pretty much just a mind game. it is very easy to take mushrooms or any psychedelic for more than they are because they exert great power over one's brain and cerebral functions; however, they are not doing anything more than chemical. Tripping is a scientific experience, not a spiritual one. At its core, at least. Sure, it's possible to "get" things from tripping, learn lessons and the like, but at the heart of it, it's just chemicals running their course through the human body.

Bad trips are certainly possible and should not be explained as a spiritual experience one was not prepared for. Bad trips are usually caused by encountering something strange or extreme while in a very vulnerable mental/emotional state.

You do not visit different worlds when you trip, you're just imagining them.

--------------------
"He was too weird to live, and too rare to die."
- Hunter S. Thompson

"Mushrooms have no known adverse side-effects, other than leaving you feeling fatigued and probably surrounded by a load of mad paintings and some half-eaten chocolate bars."

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

#3445798 - 12/04/04 01:13 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Did you read the whole post?
The more speak on this, the further entangled in the web of words you become. And no, I do not put any validation into my findings. Just trying to help out people who do mushrooms for the wrong reason.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Re: Disclaimer for the Magic Mushroom [Re: MystikMushroom]
    #3445805 - 12/04/04 01:14 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Somebody got it. I am happy.
All the rest of you can bicker among yourselves and get lost in the web of verbalism. The more you bring into the picture, the more complicated it gets, and you will just delude yourself further.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: Disclaimer for the Magic Mushroom [Re: twilight715]
    #3445834 - 12/04/04 01:21 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

"Just chemicals" eh?

Quite frankly, sir, every single thing that you EVER experience in your life is a result of "just chemicals."

Do not downplay the awe-inspiring level of incredible wonder involved. Just because it's "just chemicals" does absolutely nothing to discount the experiences these chemical reactions can cause.

Furthermore...

"Bad trips are certainly possible and should not be explained as a spiritual experience one was not prepared for. Bad trips are usually caused by encountering something strange or extreme while in a very vulnerable mental/emotional state."

Bad trips are usually caused by encountering something strange or extreme while in a very vulnerable mental/emotional state--AND NOT BEING ABLE TO ACCEPT IT.

Acceptance, letting go, surrender. These are the keys to every single thing you will experience in life, whether it is on psychedelics or not. Psychedelics make the experience more intense, but the same keys lead to the same peace of mind. It does not matter what you encounter, as long as you can accept it, let it go, and move past it.

Further furthermore...

Everything in life is a spiritual experience. You are either prepared for it, or you are not. This includes bad trips. No matter what you encounter, if you can learn to accept it and surrender to the flow, allow it to move past you--then you have learned something from it.

Everything is a lesson if you are willing to learn from it.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

#3445855 - 12/04/04 01:25 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

But, in my experience, which is not the end all be all that some of you people like to take it to be, most people encounter the same things. Sure there are really far out experiences, I completely agree with you.
Since when is scientific experience not spiritual? Do you know who Albert Einstein was? It is just chemicals running through your body but so is the ordinary conscioussness in which we get things done in this reality. I am just trying to put out there, in my own experience, what happens to you. I am trying to steer away the people that would not want to know what is going on when you ingest mushrooms.

Well I guess you know everything so there is no reason for me to talk to.

Did I say you visit different worlds? There is only one world. And it never begins or ends. But those words are wasted on those that don't understand. It is like there is a canyon that you people cannot cross. If you made it to the other end, my words might shine to you.
And if I am guilty of sounding like an authority, which I am not trying to do just putting my two cents in, you people sound like double the dose of authority: "Tripping is a scientific experience, not a spiritual one." Ehhhh...What isn't scientific and spiritual at the same time. Did you forget that science just tries to put words on reality?

--------------------

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Re: Disclaimer for the Magic Mushroom [Re: sublimistri]
    #3445860 - 12/04/04 01:27 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Mine is the only opinion I can make and talk about.
You puzzle me...

Of course you could be scared of the one thing...

--------------------

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #3445888 - 12/04/04 01:34 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

A human being is part of a whole, called by us the "Universe" - a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something seperate from the rest - a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.

-Albert Einstein.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

#3445955 - 12/04/04 01:56 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I hate it when people don't take the time to read and just regurgitate what is already written

"Yes it is true that we are all connected but you have to realize that the universe is infinite in the sense that we can zoom in or out forever... There's so many levels of our connectedness that it's unfair to say it's the only true truth."
Is this not the same thing as saying that everything is connected? If everything is connected, isn't that connection a level that encompasses everything that is and ever will be?

Have you ever heard of Bell's Non-Local Theorem? It explains that everything that was ever in contact is always in contact, space and time make no difference. If I can use anything as proof, I hope you will take Physics as validation.

"The only reason people may find its scary is because it's something that's completely out of their control. If one is to realize that they never had any fuckin control to begin with, except for what they do with their life, then you will not be at a loss of anything."
Why fear yourself? I said this in my post if you took the time to read it...

--------------------

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Disclaimer for the Magic Mushroom [Re: mecreateme]
    #3446215 - 12/04/04 03:38 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

One should keep in mind that even though the universe is one, it is also seperate and infinite. Or rather, it is NEITHER one or many, but one manifested as many. That doesn't mean the individual forms aren't real or are irrelevant. There is only one surface of the earth, but Seattle is definately not the same as Pheonix. It's all relative to what direction you take it. Water is the same everywhere you go, but the Great Barrier Reef is not the Arctic Ocean.

I myself had a big depressed period where I believe that all was 'me'. It took me a while, but I realized that really there was no 'me' that could be everything. I was trying to impute a sense of self were it didn't belong. There is a conventional self, and then there is a universal No-Self. We are who we are, and at the same time something that defies all identity.

Seeing the world as you and you alone will make you feel very alone and hopeless. I think the correct idea is just to see yourself as an embodiment of that endless world, full of endless living beings and possibilities, but still united with one spirit. It took a long time to get this straight, but I think it's right.

The notion that everything is you can lead you to believe that 'you' create the whole universe around you. That means you and reality exists independently, of themselves. That is not true, interconnectedness means that my existence is dependent on the existence of an infinite number of things, and their existence is also dependent on me. I am not the SAME as reality, but reality and I are not independent.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Offlinetwilight715
Just anotherFreak in theFreak Kingdom

Re: Disclaimer for the Magic Mushroom [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3446795 - 12/04/04 05:57 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

To JaquesCousteau and mecreateme:

these are your opinions, but i, like many others, am one who does not ascribe myself to spirituality. my faith is not deist or theist at all, i am an agnostic by nature, and this fact can clearly explain my opinion on the nature of a mushroom trip. i'm not saying it is impossible for people to have self-discoveries on mushrooms...in fact, nearly everyone does.

also, i didn't "forget" that science tries to put words on reality because i never believed that in the first place. i am of the opinion that science is reality, and although my opinion differs from yours, i would still appreciate it if you could acknowledge it as just as valid as your own and respect it as you would most likely want me to respect yours.

you two did nothing to disprove my statement, only countered it with your own opinions. in a battle of conflicting opinions such as this, no one can win because each side is just as valid as the other until factual evidence is thrown into the mix. you argue there is a deeper level to the self-awareness that results from a trip, i argue that it is not as spiritual as it may seem to you. who is right? both and neither.

let's just agree to disagree on this issue, as neither side is alone in its views.

--------------------
"He was too weird to live, and too rare to die."
- Hunter S. Thompson

"Mushrooms have no known adverse side-effects, other than leaving you feeling fatigued and probably surrounded by a load of mad paintings and some half-eaten chocolate bars."

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
    #3447013 - 12/04/04 06:38 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Dear Twilight...

Being angostic does not write you of the "spirituality list".Take me for example: Personally i tend towards agnostic as far as God is concerned.I finished Biology,that means that i am familiar with science and its ways,but i catch myself being spiritual.Spirituality doesnt have to do anything with God, at least not in a way churches want us to believe.I have wept before the beauty of a sunset.Yes ,i know how those beautiful colours arise from splitting of white light to other visible frequencies that are colours but it still amazes me! I was amazed at a sprouting seedling! Yes,i have studied extensively how it does that shit,but ....seing it is beautiful!

Keep a "child's heart".If you have the enthusiasm of a child ,you are spiritual!

My take on the subject.Yes,i know psilocybin is a chemical.Yes,i know it is an antagonist of 5HT-2a receptors and also exerts influence on other receptors of the serotonine system.So does this chemical randombly confuses the brain so that the experimenter sees all kind of bullshit arising from a scrambled brain?

Through science i can say that this is not the case.It is not a chaotic disorganistaion of the brain.Serotonine acts as a regulator of brain activity,so that all the information is filtered in th brain and you dont get an onslaught of neural noise (which exists because its produced by our hardware),of thoughts that get filtered out,of internal proccesings that get "muted" .Add an entheogen/hallucinogen/psychedelic ,and you partially shut of this filter.What arises is what i mentioned and also a good deal of "background prossesing" which is our subconscious...At least that is what science can accept nowadays.

So,here is the point.Its not a random "fuck up" of the circuits.Its a very specific truning off of the brain filter.Here comes preparation and self discipline that is required that mecreateme says.Here comes respect ,both to the power of this chemical agent and to your brain which is a chemical system.HEre also comes caution since what we perceive is at least proccessed by the brain and by altering its function we alter the perceived reality.

So the "worlds" do not exist "in the fantasy".What we see is what is there but from a different perspective.We just changed the observation and proccesing instrument.

Now,isnt this amazing? It makes my heart (or should i say my brain?) jump up in sheer enthusiasm! Yes ,its explained by "sxience" up to a point.But what it does in a better way is to speak straight to my heart (brain?).So ,this agnostic biologist fells what he would call...As spiritual as a neautiful sunset (requirements: Enthusiasm of a Child)

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: Disclaimer for the Magic Mushroom [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3448283 - 12/04/04 11:43 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

They can also be the result of bad karma, and if you go with it and accept it, you're trip will probably still be "bad", but once you come down, you're karma will be cleansed and you'll view this bad trip as a good trip.  Psychedelics are not just drugs, they are much, much more than that, and every trip you have isn't going to be super fun, lovey-dovey happy ones. Just like life has it's ups and downs, so do trips. If you have a horrible day does that make life not worth living? It may seem so at the time, but when you're happy again, you're glad you're alive. I've had some horrible trips, and I view almost all of them as good experiences, because I needed them, and after the fact I was glad I rode them out. The good experiences outweigh the bad, and the bad have their purpose too. If you learned something useful, it was worth it.  :laugh:

--------------------

Edited by Dark_Star (12/04/04 11:45 PM)

OfflineToricious
Theblunt-smokinglense-man.

Re: Disclaimer for the Magic Mushroom [Re: MetaMountain]
    #3449967 - 12/05/04 12:17 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

MetaMountain said:
that was truely great reading..
doesnt fear itself come from the unknown?

Most people will do everything in their power to not confront their fears and psychedelics--->'con it by rote and caste it unto your teeth'(Shakespere,Julius Ceaser)

I think most people use it recreationally anyways so they/we are gonna hit a wall sooner or later.

Love and good trips...(bad learning ones too :cool: :cool:)

That quote doesn't mean that at all, he's arguing with Brutus and talks about what brutus is doing to him, "Checked like a bondman, all his faults observed, set in a note-book, learned, and coned by rote, to cast into my teeth" like brutus is keeping tabs on everyone and then sends it out at him, nothing about psychedelics or fear...

--------------------
"There's a guy in my apple!"

"Jerk off on weed man, that's where it's at... " -Anjaba

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale