Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineColeco
Stranger
Perementant Tripping Info/Websites?
    #3445843 - 12/04/04 01:23 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Hi, I'm new here.

Does anyone know of any websites or information on permanent tripping? Myself and 2 of my friends always have mushroom effects 24/7.. more so when smokin ganja...

Let me know, thanks in advance.

regards

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: Perementant Tripping Info/Websites? [Re: Coleco]
    #3445996 - 12/04/04 02:09 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Hi and welcome!

What do you mean with permanent tripping? Do you have HPPD: Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder?

Http://www.hppdonline.com/board

Edited by Annom (12/05/04 04:26 AM)

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #3446001 - 12/04/04 02:10 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Can you elaborate?

If you are seeing trails, tracers, and "noise" it is called HPPD. You can do a search on it.

If you mean you are finding yourself more capable of pattern detection ("seeing" faces in textures and sucih) or are experiencing more active mind activity--this is pretty normal. Think of it ths way: These things were always this way prior, you just didn't notice it as much. Now that it's been "pointed out" to you (by the psychedelic) it is not as readily ignored.

OfflineColeco
Stranger
Re: Perementant Tripping Info/Websites? [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3446248 - 12/04/04 03:52 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

This is the most weird thing, Thanks Annon for the site. JacquesCousteau what you say is unbelivable to me to a certain extent, the reasons being is I have already thought this, so many things im reading whilst browsing the net for this kind of stuff are confirming things ive though of, and told other people, but not yet beliving it fully myself. Thanks for what you say though coz it proves to me that yes it is things that ive never noticed before, what im really trying to find out is, is there any damage from HPPD which is unavoidable. So far im coping well, infact, its turned my whole life around and I am generally happier, more thoughtfull and more organised and better socially, despite tripping all the time, things moving, distortions, fuzzyness, the site above basically explains all the stuff I see. The other weird thing is it intensfys when smoking cannabis... but also, If I drink AND smoke at the same time, at a certain point instead of feeling drained of energy and fucked out of my face, I suddenly wake up and have a surge of energy similar to that of comming up on mushrooms, just on a more minimised level.

Thanks
Coleco

Offlinebrainwashed
Stranger
    #3448298 - 12/04/04 11:46 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quick Question, hate to run in on the middle of your post...

Two summers ago I did some shrooms & lsd at music fest. Since then every so often I zone out and it looks kind of trippy (like zooming in & out, and swirles). Could this be anything related to the HPPD? Also, if it is.. could it get stronger if I ever do hallucinogens again?

--------------------
Useful Links:
Trip Tips - Some spiffy info.
HPPD (Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder) - Name say's it all.

OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
Loc: Seattle, WA
Re: Perementant Tripping Info/Websites? [Re: brainwashed]
    #3448505 - 12/05/04 12:45 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i am the co-founder of HPPDonline, STORMLOADER HAS NOT BEEN USED BY OUR FAMILY SINCE MAR 03, goto the link in my signiture, im Lucid, in this field

ive had hppd for almost a decade, discuss it with us at hppdonline, or ull get really unreliable advice.

Edited by LCid (12/05/04 12:50 AM)

OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
Re: Perementant Tripping Info/Websites? [Re: LCid]
    #3448538 - 12/05/04 01:01 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

lol

OfflineColeco
Stranger
    #3448738 - 12/05/04 02:33 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

brainwashed: I'm pretty sure it is related to HPPD
2 of my friends have HPPD but at the start it was only sometimes, when they'ld notice things they'ld trip out. It could be something else, but it is proberably most def a trip side effect and proberably nothing to worry about. hopefully dosnt come between you and anything.

LCid cheers for the site, will def pop along.

Cheers everyone for your help so far

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3448937 - 12/05/04 04:27 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

LCid said:
i am the co-founder of HPPDonline, STORMLOADER HAS NOT BEEN USED BY OUR FAMILY SINCE MAR 03, goto the link in my signiture, im Lucid, in this field

:thumbup:

I've changed my link and will keep it in mind!

OfflineKracker
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: midwest us
Re: Perementant Tripping Info/Websites? [Re: brainwashed]
    #3450006 - 12/05/04 12:28 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

brainwashed said:
Quick Question, hate to run in on the middle of your post...

Two summers ago I did some shrooms & lsd at music fest. Since then every so often I zone out and it looks kind of trippy (like zooming in & out, and swirles). Could this be anything related to the HPPD? Also, if it is.. could it get stronger if I ever do hallucinogens again?

Sounds like flashbacks. I have heard of people that have done a lot of acid have these "flashbacks"

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Perementant Tripping Info/Websites? [Re: Kracker]
    #3450203 - 12/05/04 01:33 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

check out WiccanSeeker's "psychedelic niacinamide FAQ" right here at the shroomery
(vitamin B3 may help terminate those pesky hallucinations...)
(dr abram hoffer uses niacinamide & other vitamins & amino acids to help his skitzy mental patients to interface successfully with external reality...)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineColeco
Stranger
Re: Perementant Tripping Info/Websites? [Re: gnrm23]
    #3450228 - 12/05/04 01:45 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for your advice. Since ive learnt to live with the visuals they have decreased alot and rarely pose a problem. The only problem it may pose for me is learning to drive. Which is something im in the middle of but had to stop because of the risk of visuals while driving. I'ld have to get myself very engaged so I concentrate on it more. I guess thats what I need to learn

Invisiblekoppie
astral projectile
Male

Loc: cloud hidden
    #3450300 - 12/05/04 02:06 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I'm reading the list of symptoms and I seem to have a lot of those:

Visual noise
Strong afterimages
Static objects that appear to move
Intensely noticed floaters.

The odd thing is, that I've been having those all my life, at least long before my first ever trip. Could it be that use of psychedelics just makes you notice something that has always been there, or am I just naturally trippy?

Luckily it rarely gets bad enough to get in the way of normal functioning. Perhaps I should try niacin.

Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

Loc: .
Re: Perementant Tripping Info/Websites? [Re: koppie]
    #3450905 - 12/05/04 05:07 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I have hppd extremely bad. So bad I am abstaining from hallucinogens at least til next summer. Everything has a vibration to it, in the dark it looks like a fuzzy tv only colorful, shadows morph little lights will brighten to light up the whole room. What reall made me realize I need to quit is I ate 3 doses a week or two ago and COULD NOT FEEL THEM COME UP. I waited like 3 hours knowing they were potent and good and felt NOTHING. Then about the time I peaked I realized I'd been tripping the whole time and it's just the room looks so fucked to me anymore I couldn't tell. If you really want it to go away I'd suggest abstaining from hallucinogens for a few weeks maybe months ( weed included ) and take vitamins and eventually it will go back to normal. It doesn't really bother me but I'd like to be able to experience lsd and shrooms again in their full force so I will wait.

OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
Re: Perementant Tripping Info/Websites? [Re: vandago]
    #3512862 - 12/17/04 09:19 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

for thoes who are unaware, let me break it down a bit with some points.

1. HPPD IS '''''''''''EXTREAMLY''''''''''' rare, our estimate is 1-3% of the psychedelic population, if it were my guess id say lower then that.

2. HPPD visuals are blatent and in your face 24 hrs a day! if you have to look at a texture or somthing along these lines your just messing with youself(remember the magic eye books where ud blur to make a picture outta alot of design?) the only way to know you have hppd by self diagnosis, is to find a non-textured flat pure white wall.. you should be seeing colors and patterns flowing everywhere(COMpletly sober) (Tho its only as intence as coming down off a 3hit acid trip, it dosent consume you)if you dont have this then stop worrying about it, atleast untill its been 6months after the cease of psychdelics and your sitll haveing minor problems(we call this minor hppd, but its a debate to rather these people have hppd or not, but we offer welcome and help cause they obviously fit in among acid casultys if they have persistant problems, but dont go "I MUST HAVE HPPD" without first making sure you do, and one tip here is to 'stop looking for it' so you dont bring a hypocondriac episode upon urself

3. HPPD can be mistaken for many.! other disorders and problems with the eye or brain. strokes, tumors, the soft gel in your eye cracked, color blindness, use of SSRI's , not getting enough sleep. etc! Self diagnosis of hppd completly lyes in discussion if your not experienced with psychedelics. and to follow what i was saying in (2) about looking at that blank wall if you are familiar with psychedelics and know what your seeing is undeniabley effects experienced under the influence of the psychedelic hallucinogens.

once again, HPPD IS COMPLETLY IN YOUR FACE, if you dont have constant visual phenomina then dont worry for awhile, dont jump into classifying yourself as hppd, cause you could just have 1 hell of imagination.

but if anyone thinks they may have it and cant decide or know for themself, please post at hppdonline, an assortment of experienced people (who nolonger use drugs so they may be able to help better in areas i can not), im a hppd'r (theres no dought, ive gone the 6months.. and if anyone could see through my eyes theyd never dought me) who still uses psychedelics etc (IM ONE OF THE FEW)

dont anyone read 1 thing about hppd and start looking to see if you might have it, no offence, but HPPD is descridted often cause of the majority of HPPD'rs with eye effects similar to eye problems etc, hundreds of people a year sware to their god they have hppd, only a few months later they realize its not. becarful with what you may think is hppd.

just a warning, so people dont start freakin out.

-Lucid

OfflineSoftRat
Stranger
    #3514905 - 12/17/04 07:02 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I think HPPD really is a placebo effect in all instances. I think what happens is that after a person takes a psychellic a few times they gain the ability to volentarily alter their state of consciouness very slightly. Most people never discover that they have this ability. Some people do and relize it for what it is and know they have complete control over it. However paranoid types who take a psychedellic and then worry about things like "is my brain going to bleed?, will I have flash backs? Will the LSD stay in my spine?" end up making this happen to themselves with out relizing that they are causing it to happen and can make it stop. In other words they are morons that get themselves all hyped up.

--------------------
Everything I say in these posts is a made up fiction.

OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
Re: Perementant Tripping Info/Websites? [Re: SoftRat]
    #3515013 - 12/17/04 07:45 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

guess what?? your wrong. dontspeak what u not know, placebo. ignorance mist of the darkness

HPPD IS REAL, ignorance is bliss

Edited by LCid (12/17/04 07:46 PM)

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #3516924 - 12/18/04 11:04 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

hey LCid, do yo still dose hallucinogens? do they make your condition worse/more intense? is your mind altered sober or is it just your vision? also if you've taken hallucinogens before and came off of them fine, can you fall into hppd if you do them again?

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
Re: Perementant Tripping Info/Websites? [Re: TODAY]
    #3516986 - 12/18/04 11:33 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

yes i still use psychedelics, the only effect it has on my hppd is that my visuals will take on the characteristic of the psychedelic i ingested for a day or 2, then go back to the basic lsd style. (this wont be the same for just anyone)

ya , hppd is a perception disorder, its primarly visuals, but all sences are confused, and perceptions.

hppd can strike a psychedelic user at any time, at any dose. i got it around my 25th trip on lsd 8+years ago

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3519725 - 12/19/04 06:57 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

1. HPPD IS '''''''''''EXTREAMLY''''''''''' rare, our estimate is 1-3% of the psychedelic population, if it were my guess id say lower then that.

1-3% :shocked: That's not extremely rare! What do you consider the psychedelic population?

Offlinerocknliam
happy willowdweller
 User Gallery

Re: Perementant Tripping Info/Websites? [Re: Annom]
    #3519802 - 12/19/04 08:27 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

1-3% That's not extremely rare! What do you consider the psychedelic population?

Lets say the population of a place is 1000, and *20% use psychedelic's, that is 200 people, then that would mean that 1-3% of the 200 sychedelic users will experience HPPD, that is 2-6 people.

*20% is an example, i am not aware of how many people actually use psychedelic's

OfflineGloryOfBlaze
Trance Addict ,In A PsychodelicState Of Mind!
 User Gallery

Loc: Mass a two shits
Re: Perementant Tripping Info/Websites? [Re: rocknliam]
    #3519915 - 12/19/04 09:53 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Ok so you find out you have HPPD , then what? Say you find out it is not,it is something more then what? Just asking for someone who thinks hppd is an understatement for them!

--------------------
P.L.U.R
Lifes' merely a delusion, of an illusion in time,
Brought on by the fusion of the subconscious mind!

OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
Re: Perementant Tripping Info/Websites? [Re: GloryOfBlaze]
    #3522641 - 12/19/04 10:35 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i was speaking of 1-3% outta the population who has used psychedelics since the boom in the 60's(dead or alive) who have stoped and who is still useing today

istill think its lower then that, it is in no way a definite number.

i think 1 outta every 10,000-100,000 who try a psychedelic get hppd-this is however not proven is just opinion there has never been any statistical study on the rarity of hppd, these results come from 3+ years of observing the phenomina.

Edited by LCid (12/19/04 11:09 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder