Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKatrina

New question (casing question this time)
    #3443317 - 12/03/04 06:17 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The very first time I tried a casing I did two (1-cake) casings. I don't think I did the best job as they never really grew very big shrooms. I think I took them out of the incubator too soon. Anyway, one died the horrible green death. The other one is still alive, but growing nothing but aborts. I was wondering if I could slap some foil over this and stick it back in the incubator for a few days and then try to rebirth it. Wondering if this would give me any kind of good response. I also have several cakes that I dunked after the first flush which have done nothing really. I am wondering if I simply put a layer of verm on the top and bottom, as I have read someone does (Sam I think, which by the way does anyone know where he is? Hasn't been around for a while). Anyway, I'm wondering if I do that, if it would also revie my cakes. Appreciate any input. Thanks!

--------------------
Anyone who says size doesn't matter has been seeing too many small shrooms!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKatrina

Re: New question (casing question this time) [Re: Katrina]
    #3445479 - 12/04/04 11:14 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Anybody...Hellooooo...

--------------------

Invisibledobinky
infoseeker
 User Gallery
Loc: Wiki, Kentucky
    #3445491 - 12/04/04 11:19 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

cakes: how long since you put em out to fruit after the dunk?

casing: nothing but aborts.... pick everything off you can then dunk it in fridge over nite(12 hours with some peroxide) then drain, recase it with more whatever you use then fruit.....pins will reform and fruit again....

what are your fruiting conditions also?

--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

InvisibleKyKid
Stranger
    #3445501 - 12/04/04 11:22 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Hey as for sam, i havent heard anything but im sure he well. also on the rebirthing, it can give the mycelium a chance to get stronger to allow for larger fruits but becareful of overlay, i have never had to re-incubate a casings besdie the initail incuabating and patching, but i dont see anything wrong with it.

InvisibleKyKid
Stranger
Re: New question (casing question this time) [Re: KyKid]
    #3445505 - 12/04/04 11:23 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

oh yeah on the cakes, the double end casing tek work wonders for them. as im sure youve seen sams cakes

OfflineKatrina

Re: New question (casing question this time) [Re: KyKid]
    #3445527 - 12/04/04 11:31 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I totally cleaned out my fruiting chamber last night, new perlite, the works. This morning temps are 74 and humidity is 98%, so that's cool. I did double-end my my best 4 cakes. I did go ahead and put the Ban Nathon casing in the incubator. I think being my first casing I just did not do it right, too impatient, etc., so maybe if I give it a chance it will consolidate a little more. Birthed my first Hawaiian casing last night. I made the substrate in these like 3 inches and they are going absolutely crazy. I did let them incubate for like a month because certain parts would not colonize. Then last weekend I got tired of it and dug out the parts not colonized and broke up the cakes. Holy crap when I tried to break them apart they were like Velcro the growth was so dense, I could practically hear it. The areas that did colonize were the best I've seen so far and then these casings are going crazy. I am hoping for something really nice coming off these. I still am worried about Sam though, its been like 3 weeks now. The last time I talked to him he said he was working a TEK about his cakes and said he would be showing it soon, so I don't know.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck