Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleKyKid
Stranger
I miss cakes
    #3445195 - 12/04/04 09:00 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Hey guys, i started doing nothing but casings awhile ago, and sold off all my pmp's and other stuff i need to fruit cakes to provide funs for my martha, and anyway, with the holidays coming up i dont have as much time to prepare casing mixes and shit with trying to find a job, christmas shopping and guess over for the holiday, i was wondering if i cakes would do ok and 85% humidity in my martha, i would mind doing a whole shelf of cakes for fun and to save time and plus im out of casing mix with alot of shopping left to do and little money, anyway i keep my martha at 85% for my casings and i was wondering if it would work for cakes. i know they need higher humidity but i was just curious if they would do semi well or if it just wasnt even worth it. also i can raise the humidty but i have a flat top martha and with the humidity any higher the casings start to puddle. plus they do fine in 85%.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
Re: I miss cakes [Re: KyKid]
    #3445458 - 12/04/04 11:05 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

A few dollars gets you a big ol bag of perlite.  :thumbup:

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

InvisibleKyKid
Stranger
Re: I miss cakes [Re: SixCee]
    #3445471 - 12/04/04 11:10 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

ive been thinking about this, i was thinking about just covering the whole bottom with perlite and then buying a small shop/wet vac and once a mounth just suck it all out and clean it and put it back in there, it would replace the need to have something catching run off water also, i had a tub of perlite in the bottom once but then i could find a way to raise the martha to have something under it catching run off water becase th tub was to heavy for the martha while it was raised but with the whole bottom perlite i would have to raise it, just seal it good and clean it every now and then, also do you guys think i could put dry perlite in there and let the run off water from the humidifier saturate it? thanks.

Invisibledobinky
infoseeker
 User Gallery
Loc: Wiki, Kentucky
    #3445500 - 12/04/04 11:22 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

seal your martha and let your humidifier go 24/7. 100rh in no time and great for cakes!

--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

InvisibleKyKid
Stranger
Re: I miss cakes [Re: dobinky]
    #3446075 - 12/04/04 02:37 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

yeah you guys keep telling me how to get the humidity up, i know many ways to do that, i choose to keep my martha at low humidity becuase it works for my casings and i dont have to worry about water droping on my grows from the top which is flat. i was mainly wondering if a cake could grow in 85%, and if not whats the lowest its possible to grow them? but thanks for the help so far i just havent gotten the answer i was looking for, but im confusing at sometimes and tend to not think shit through as i should so i probaly wasnt clear in my first post.

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#3446148 - 12/04/04 03:09 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yes it should be fine, But optimal conditions are best, the lowest i would ever go is 83-85%, any lower and i wouldn't expect much to happen. I was kind of wondering what strain you're going to do cakes with because there's several that i know of (forgot the names sry) that don't fruit well or at all when using the cake method, someone metioned it earier in a thread but i'm not sure where, Gl and i hope i anwsered u Q and gave you an idea of what you'll be looking at, GL!

Anonymous

#3446178 - 12/04/04 03:21 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i'd guess that casings give of their own humidity(i know spawned poo does) or more than cakes because its growing more naturally,a cake stands alone

InvisibleKyKid
Stranger
Re: I miss cakes [Re: ]
    #3446222 - 12/04/04 03:41 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

its all different strains, but i have done all of them with cakes before in a pmp, its b+, mexi cub and malabars. i already birthed them today in the martha, i got the humidity up with tweaking the ultra sonic but to mus standing water so i cut it back to 85% and im just gonna mist the lower rack were the cakes are three times a day and the cool mist will still provide enough fae so im hoping the extra misting will work for em. thanks guys

Anonymous

#3447194 - 12/04/04 07:15 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

my first were b+,they're special to me
good luck!! :heartpump:

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #3447524 - 12/04/04 08:39 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Fill a tray with perlite. Put the cakes in the tray, put the tray on one of hte shelves. The cakes will be directly over the perlite so they will get the huimidity they need and the rest of the martha should be fine.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleKyKid
Stranger
Re: I miss cakes [Re: Magash]
    #3447858 - 12/04/04 10:00 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for the help guys when i first birthed them, i sterilized the verm to roll them in, in a baking pan and once it cooled i rolled them in it and put it in there with the bottom verm very moist and i double end cased them with wet verm on the top, but the next ones i think i am going to use the perlite tub on the shelf. thanks man..

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom