Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecelsius

Making Cubies Non-Psychedelic
    #344345 - 06/19/01 10:45 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

My mother insists on eating the mushrooms I grew. She has no idea what they do to you. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make these mushrooms non-psychedelic?

- Celsius

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestu2
Stranger
Re: Making Cubies Non-Psychedelic [Re: celsius]
    #344353 - 06/19/01 10:54 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Hey Celsius,

I'd be interested in this too. Just incase I get caught. MY guess would be cook or bake them real hot, but is there a way to make them loose their psilocybin and psilocin without turning blue? Because that might look suspiscious...

stu

OfflineNagual
enthusiast

Loc: nyc, USA
    #344359 - 06/19/01 10:59 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Get a nice spaghetti sauce (or make yer own)slice and sautee the
shrooms and eat with spaghetti if your mom HAS to try them (sux though,
youre probably bummed wasting the shrooms you grew) Maybe the little
buzz that might remain after the cooking will bring you guys closer?
But than again what do I know im just an alien.

Support the FSR
!!Crobih is my founder of the Shroomery!!

Edited by Nagual on 06/19/01 01:12 PM.

--------------------
.....___^___
....(_______)
........|...|Free
...__ /.../..Spore
...|___ / .....Ring

Offlinezetek
enthusiast

Loc: United States
    #344404 - 06/19/01 12:53 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Once she gets a taste of them you won't have to worry about her eating enough to trip.

Support the Free Spore Ring!
go.to/FreeSporeRing

Offlinecelsius

Re: Making Cubies Non-Psychedelic [Re: zetek]
    #344441 - 06/19/01 01:58 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Zetek-

What if she does like them? What if she picks them when I'm not home and eats them? What if she gives them to my relatives?!?! Man... would I be in trouble!

OfflineHighIQ
Loc: CA
    #344468 - 06/19/01 03:02 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

easy man.... tell her not to touch em because of the high risk of contaminating the casing. ;)

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #344471 - 06/19/01 03:05 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

be shure she doesn't eat to many. and if she likes them and tries to picks yours: tell her to grow her own shrooms then:)

tip: make a sauce with shrooms in it and prepare it when she's not in the kitchen. but, buy other shrooms at a local store that look a littlebit like your shrooms, even if they don't really look alike she won't notice it( try one of those tiny chinese food shops) and put those in the sauce.
good luck

sucked into the vortex....

Offlinechuwie
journeyman
    #344534 - 06/19/01 05:22 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

celsius - i was just thinking to myself before checking the forums, "Maybe i can grow mushrooms and just tell my parents its a project or some school thing.." Then i realized, today was the last day of school. Just curious as to what u told ur parents what ur mushroom project was for... bravo on pulling it off ;)

- what do you get for pretending the dangers not real?

--------------------
The sea was red and the sky was grey, wondered how tomorrow could ever follow today.

OfflineGoaTrip
journeyman

Re: Making Cubies Non-Psychedelic [Re: chuwie]
    #344540 - 06/19/01 05:36 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

LoL Funny you say that because thats what i told my mom back in december that i had a project for my environmental scince class and had to record the process of how mold grows. i didnt exatly tell her i was growing mushrooms because she would automatically know they were psychadelic ones since i go to raves every weekend. and we all know what comes to a parents mind when they hear the word "rave". Up until 1 week ago she never saw what i had she only saw me preparing some of the stuff, like boiling the jars and thats it. She walked into my room while i was in there but i completely forgot my terraniums were out ( i usually have them in the closet), then i noticed and was like "OH SHIT!!!!" because they were already pinning. As she turned around to walk out she saw it "and asked what is this dirt with pins on it". I was like "uhhhh it my project but im finished with it now, im gonna throw it away tomorrow". The thing that sucks now is that i have to be more discrete about it. At least over the summer no one will be home except me and now i can prepare stuff with ease and without being in a rush.

:blush: :cool: :crazy: :frown: :laugh: :mad: :shocked: :smile: :tongue: :wink:

Edited by GoaTrip on 06/19/01 07:38 PM.

--------------------
:blush: :cool: :crazy: :frown: :laugh: :mad: :shocked: :smile: :tongue: :wink:

Anonymous

Re: Making Cubies Non-Psychedelic [Re: GoaTrip]
    #344565 - 06/19/01 06:06 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Why don't you just tell her that you enjoyed your school project and what to make a hobby out of it. Explain to her how cultivation of edible mushrooms is exploding around the world and there is big bucks to be made by those n the ground floor. Then start growing some actual edible mushrooms. If you can get a hold of some spores from a Stropharia semiglobata you can eat them. Not the spores, the mushrooms! And they look almost the same as cubensis.

Take a trip to the Spore Lab @:
http://www.SporeLab.com
email: getspores@sporelab.com

Offlineamanita
addict
Loc: UK
Re: Making Cubies Non-Psychedelic [Re: ]
    #344579 - 06/19/01 06:22 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Interesting question...Psychedelic mushrooms might be the only source of food for survival if one happened to be stranded in a field of cow patties.

I have read in various guidebooks that certain toxic (not poisonous) mushrooms are de-activated by boiling in water, throwing away the water, boiling in fresh water, throwing that away and cooking. This would be presuming that the toxins were heat-sensitive and soluble in water.

OfflineTlaloc
Re: Making Cubies Non-Psychedelic [Re: amanita]
    #344586 - 06/19/01 06:30 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

my little 2 cents.....<takes big breath>

If you are too young or poor or lazy to live in your own place.....THEN DONT GROW SHROOMS!

Whatever the reason, grow up, get out...then explore your spirituality. Children and moochers wouldnt know what to get out of a trip anyway.

Bill Hicks (1961-1994) "SQUEEGIE YOUR THIRD EYE! "

LordTlaloc@usa.net

--------------------
[blue]
Bill Hicks (1961-1994) "SQUEEGIE YOUR THIRD EYE! "

OfflineRichard_D_James
enthusiast
    #344601 - 06/19/01 06:45 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

maybe you little bastards shouldnt grow shrooms until ya get yer own place...

:)

OfflineTrippinRhino
addict

Loc: TX
Re: Making Cubies Non-Psychedelic [Re: Richard_D_James]
    #344635 - 06/19/01 07:34 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

When I read the title to the thread I though "why would you?" I just had to see. I must give my strong second to the last two posts...DRUGS ARE NOT FOR KIDS!!! It is not that I am an asshole or that I do not have endless sympathy for wanting to grow and eat fungus. I would be a hippocrite! I love it myself! When you are responsible enough to have a home of your own, you are responsable enough to make the decision to grow ILLEGAL DRUGS if you so desire. You kids are placing your parents at the risk of felony charges for what you are doing. As an adult you can own up to your own behaviors and the conscequences of being irresponsable with them. Do you know that in some states, law can TAKE YOUR HOME if they found you growing mushrooms. I bet the parents would sure be taken off guard as they got hauled off to jail and the house confiscated. Meanwhile, your ass goes to a foster home or youth detention playground for a few months, since you are a minor and not likely to be tried as an adult unless you have commited a violent crime....just some food for thought.

--------------------
All rhinos are endangered species...save the rhinos

Anonymous

#344636 - 06/19/01 07:35 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

how does the semiglobata grow/taste?

OfflineJ_Twista

Re: Making Cubies Non-Psychedelic [Re: Anonymous]
    #344668 - 06/19/01 08:17 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

i say you just give her a fat 8th and let her trip balls.......theres really no way out of it. if she eats them at least it'd be fun to see her trippin

--------------------------
Crobih is my Founder of the Shroomery!
http://go.to/FreeSporeRing

--------------------
I am Batman

Offlinezetek
enthusiast

Loc: United States
Re: Making Cubies Non-Psychedelic [Re: TrippinRhino]
    #344723 - 06/19/01 09:15 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I gotta' agree with that. As stupid as the law is, the fact is, you can get your ass thrown in prison. Considering this, the decision to grow this organism is an adult decision, and one must be prepared to pay the adult price if caught. If you want to do kid shit, do what I did in the Mushroom pics forum a while ago. I'm a grown adult, and they called me on it over there. I'm kinda' embarassed... at least my ass won't go to jail for it.

Support the Free Spore Ring!
go.to/FreeSporeRing

OfflineNagual
enthusiast

Loc: nyc, USA
Re: Making Cubies Non-Psychedelic [Re: J_Twista]
    #344732 - 06/19/01 09:36 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I think J Twistas got something. I rember in HS we always
had a little scheme in our heads that we'd dose the evil
dean's coffee and she would either go crazy (crazier i should say)
or have an acid revelation and just flow with it.
NON SERVIAM Every man and every woman is a star.

o0O)}>I seem to be a verb<{(O0o
the FSR is groovalicious
!!Crobih is my founder of the Shroomery!!

--------------------
.....___^___
....(_______)
........|...|Free
...__ /.../..Spore
...|___ / .....Ring

Offlineauto59009
enthusiast
Loc: Australia
Re: Making Cubies Non-Psychedelic [Re: Nagual]
    #344850 - 06/20/01 12:21 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

as a recent legal adult i am interested by what all you "mature, responsible, illegal-sustance using adults" mean when you say kids wouldn't know what to get out of a trip. i admit that children should not do drugs... but lets face it, they are going to!!! so i would like at least a few ppl to back this statement. it seems quite the generalisation to me, much the same way as the government talks about this dangerous generalised substance called "drugs" :smile:

I am a compulsive liar:wink:
http://www.lilshopofspores.com
http://www.shaman-australis.com/shroom

--------------------
I am a compulsive liar :wink:

OfflineTrippinRhino
addict

Loc: TX
Re: Making Cubies Non-Psychedelic [Re: auto59009]
    #344913 - 06/20/01 02:12 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Auto,
I am prepared to agree with you. I must not allow myself to be too much of a hippocrite. There are plenty of 16 year olds that are more mature than some 21 year olds or in my case some older. This thread has gotten waaay off topic and hopefully it can end after this. I never said that a younger person cannot grasp the depth of mind altering drugs. I belive that a few can. As the age progresses, more of a percentage can, you see! My opposition is this. If you are big enough to grow 'em you might should have enough backbone and maturity to tell your mother, "Hey, I grow psycadelic mushrooms". She will either freak out or if you are a big kid she might disapprove but allow you to have your own opinion, IN YOUR OWN HOUSE. OR even better, she might say "whoa that is interesting, can I try some with you?"
My parents are fully aware That I grew weed in college. They thought it was Waaaay stupid. They are straight as an arrow. My mom is a doctor and father is a chemical engineer like me for christ sake. I have not advertised to them that I like the idea of cultivating shrooms. But, believe me, if they came to where I lived and there were mushrooms growing there, they would hardly have to ask. AND I would proudly say "hey come check out my lastest hobby, waqnna try some". And my father would say something like "Hell no you stupid little bastard!" and then we would eat dinner with no more discussion of it! That is 95% because I am a big boy and not a child....This is the point that I am trying to convey. YES, kids ARE going to do drugs. I hope mushrooms and weed are all they experiment with. Believe me that I have seen the UGLYNESS of shit like coke and crystal. HOWEVER, growing them in your mom's house and telling her that they are culinary foods is childish. It also shows the extreme ignorance of you mother. Tjis is probably a strong indication of why you have been led into being interested in them at a young age. Celcius, If I am wrong and you are over 18 and still living at home, get off your lazy ass, go to school or get a job and a place of your own. THEN, grow pounds upon pounds of shrooms and gorge yourself on them if you would like in the cozy confines of YOUR home NOT some one elses that does not condone this behaviour.

--------------------
All rhinos are endangered species...save the rhinos

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract