Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleMovingTarget

Loc: temporary
Imagination
    #3444332 - 12/04/04 12:19 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

My imagination is very important to me, the level of my art rises and falls in sync with my imagination, my imagination helps me get to sleep at night, my imagination makes me happy. My imagination is also what shapes my future.

Mushrooms multiply my imagination by ten fold, its what brings on the child like wonder.

Without the level of imagination that we have, we would have none of what we have now. I believe we owe everything to our imagination.

Now is it possible that it was the mushroom that nurtured our imagination millions of years ago? And gave us the spark we needed to develop beyond hunting and gathering? I mean have you really thought about this way before? Its our imagination that really gets boosted a shit load when we eat the psilocybe mushroom...

Maybe this has been said before but in different words....

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCanonPants
busy lurking
 User Gallery

Re: Imagination [Re: MovingTarget]
    #3444403 - 12/04/04 12:59 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I'd like to think our brains are imaginative and willing enough without the aid of drugs. Sure, mushrooms might have sparked some constructive creativity for some ancient civilizations, but I almost certainly doubt the productivity of the human race was influenced by mushrooms, or any other type of drug. The 'spark' already existed within ourselves.

InvisibleTeragon
Noddy

Loc: Lost in the Patterns
Re: Imagination [Re: CanonPants]
    #3444415 - 12/04/04 01:06 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Nice post movingtarget. I agree with the imagination stuff...in fact-

I don't draw a line between imagination and reality. If you can think it up then it has the possibility to exist. Your thoughts are....real. For lack of better word.

--------------------
need that cash to feed them jones.

InvisibleMovingTarget

#3444419 - 12/04/04 01:09 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The people of ancient civilisations are our ancestors.  I think its quite possible that the mushroom is what nurtered our imagination, then humans chose to use this imagination for gain and were able to continue to develop it without the aid of psilocin.  Think about how much a mushroom will boost your imagination?  I dont think its been considered in this way much before  but i'm pretty convinced this is what it does primarily. 

Its highly likely in my opinion that the sacred mushroom greatly speeded up the development of the human race.  I've heard Terrance mckenna may have written something similar to this? If anyone knows of any links I'd be very appreciative, and happen to have 5 shrooms up my sleeve..... :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineCanonPants
busy lurking
 User Gallery

#3444458 - 12/04/04 01:28 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

[quoteThe people of ancient civilisations are our ancestors.

Obviously,I said some civilizations, not all.

Due to lack of widespread identification knowledge during those days, and lack of knowledge of drugs in general, I find it VERY hard to believe the ENTIRE human race is the product of mind altering drugs. Besides, how do you even know the insights gained through use of mushrooms is passed on through the generations?

InvisibleMovingTarget

#3444508 - 12/04/04 02:00 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Not the insight, but the increased ability to imagine. It sounds daft, but apart from opposable thumbs... how else were we diferent from any other creature?

--------------------

OfflineCanonPants
busy lurking
 User Gallery

#3444592 - 12/04/04 03:02 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Not the insight, but the increased ability to imagine.

After a mushroom trip, I believe all the knowledge that we gain from a trip is simply that: KNOWLEDGE, not some lasting mutation that psilocin has on our brain. And I dont see any evidence pointing otherwise.

Quote:

but apart from opposable thumbs... how else were we diferent from any other creature?

That's like saying how is a chipmunk any different than a monkey. We're more advanced, simply through evolution. Our brains are far more complicated, and are able to function in a way that no other creatures can.

If you feed a monkey mushrooms, it will most likely go apeshit(pun?) and lose all ability to function normally. Monkeys simply cant comprehend the world around them in a conscious manner, thus why they wont eat a certain plant for its mind altering abilities, because they dont understand it, they dont even know what a mind is. Now, I'd say humans would have to be pretty damn smart and imaginitive right off the bat to clue in on the positive affects that certain plants have, not as a food item, but as something that changes the way you think. Just that initial gift of consciousness alone seems to be all that the human race would need in order to advance as we have.

InvisibleMovingTarget

#3444608 - 12/04/04 03:21 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

After a mushroom trip, I believe all the knowledge that we gain from a trip is simply that: KNOWLEDGE, not some lasting mutation that psilocin has on our brain. And I dont see any evidence pointing otherwise

Ignorance is bliss isnt it? I'm not talking about a mutation, but pointers in the right direction. Think about what its like to trip, you imagine things youve never previously thought possible, surely you can accept the possibility that without this greatly boosted (although temporary) ability to imagine is what triggered humans into considering what could be rather than what is and what must be done.

Quote:

That's like saying how is a chipmunk any different than a monkey. We're more advanced, simply through evolution. Our brains are far more complicated, and are able to function in a way that no other creatures can.

Exactly, I'm saying that it is very likely that psilocin helped speed up the process of the development of the human brain. By making humans REALLY think. Have you never heard of people describing a trip as a years worth of thinking rolled into one night?

Quote:

If you feed a monkey mushrooms, it will most likely go apeshit(pun?) and lose all ability to function normally. Monkeys simply cant comprehend the world around them in a conscious manner, thus why they wont eat a certain plant for its mind altering abilities, because they dont understand it, they dont even know what a mind is. Now, I'd say humans would have to be pretty damn smart and imaginitive right off the bat to clue in on the positive affects that certain plants have, not as a food item, but as something that changes the way you think. Just that initial gift of consciousness alone seems to be all that the human race would need in order to advance as we have.

I'm not suggesting that it was psilocin that caused apes to start making tools and fire etc, I'm talking about later on where there is actually evidence of mushrooms having being used. My main point is that I believe psilocin(and possibly other entheogenics) greatly speeded up the process of getting to where we are today

--------------------

Edited by MovingTarget (12/04/04 03:24 AM)

OfflineNomad
Mad Robot

#3444627 - 12/04/04 03:59 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I've heard Terrance mckenna may have written something similar to this?

Food of the Gods

If anyone knows of any links I'd be very appreciative, and happen to have 5 shrooms up my sleeve.....

yeah sure, you know what, you can shove them up your...  :wink:

InvisibleMovingTarget

Re: Imagination [Re: Nomad]
    #3444632 - 12/04/04 04:06 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

now i just gotta wait about 2 hours for it to download :smirk:

--------------------

OfflineNomad
Mad Robot

#3444738 - 12/04/04 05:18 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

It's worth it, man.  :smile:

In the meantime, you might want to read the glorious Camden Centre Talk - that's Terence in nutshell, really.

InvisibleMovingTarget

Re: Imagination [Re: Nomad]
    #3444773 - 12/04/04 05:28 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i got it fully downloaded now :thumbup:

listened to 20 minutes earlier and it was very similar to what I was trying to say here lol, very intrigueing stuff :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3444787 - 12/04/04 05:31 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

hehe, its 4 Dec :wink: so offcourse! hihi

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineRiffSki
Fulltime stoner

Loc: Oslo, Norway
Re: Imagination [Re: Gomp]
    #3444792 - 12/04/04 05:32 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Life is imagination
The reality is non existant

--------------------
Arguing on the net is like competing in the special olympics. Even if you win you are still a retard.

InvisibleMovingTarget

Re: Imagination [Re: Gomp]
    #3444806 - 12/04/04 05:36 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

4th of december heheh Its not over yet!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract