Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Trial by Madness
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Mahjong

Loc: Okanagan Flag
help oh help me please
    #3443987 - 12/04/04 12:02 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

so heres the gig,
new years eve
aquaintences of mine are throwing a party, the invitations come in the form of an IQ test, sort of like a scientology sale tactic, it makes the invite feel like an accomplishment. not my idea, but to my task has been laid ideas for the premise devised for the scene.

it idea is that my friends have been making a movie, oh, lets call it an art film.....yeah, thats works.
the new years eve is the climax, and well, it must be scripted. what i need and implore for is ideas, they must be devious and preferably enteraining to watch. for ive been set to ask a script, as the party will apparently be scripted, of course there will be drugs, but that should in theory potentiate the drama.

i need ideas, i implore you, my brothers and sisters to submit me some ideas, i have some, but they are just a few, and if others could dangle me a few, then i could cement them to mine and make it better.

what would make a new years party great? what would make it an entertaining film?

make this the thread of random chaotc ideas, and help me make a script for a bunch of stoners to make a movie to.

there are no taboo subjects.

and ideas for producing also welcome, if i works out then ill make copies for people whose ideas were contributed.

let your inspiration flow

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: help oh help me please [Re: Mitchnast]
    #3443998 - 12/04/04 12:07 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

A murder mystery and who dunnit

Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Trial by Madness

Re: help oh help me please [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3444001 - 12/04/04 12:09 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

thought of that, too vague, im looking more for plot elements.
insertions, actual sub-plots and humourous situations to create

User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
    #3445944 - 12/04/04 03:53 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Hey Mitch,

Here's a couple ideas.

There was a great error made several years ago with the prediction of the Y2K bug. One of the partiers, a computer guru by day, has discovered that in reality the failure will be this new years, (you can fill in the necessary details), he thinks that all hell is gonna break loose at the stroke of midnight.
[edit] as midnight approaches a blizard blows in knocking out power.

One of the partiers has been genetically engineering a new species of psychedelic mushroom which is twice as potent as P. azurescens and can grow anywhere in the world on a wide variety of habitats. As he unveils the fruits of his labors at the party a startling discovery is made. They've mutated and adapted to eating human flesh..... :eek:

A hijacked bus on the way to cheerleading camp shows up near the house. The cheerleaders have escaped and are there to party, but beware of the evil kidnappers lurking in the darkness.....

Not particularly original, but a good excuse to have cheerleaders in your movie.

Edited by shroomydan (12/04/04 07:14 PM)

Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #3445962 - 12/04/04 03:58 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

How about... a bunch of people get real drunk, and a few people on psychedelics get completely freaked out by all the drunk people, resulting in them hiding on the roof for the duration of the party? Meanwhile, the drunkards get so rowdy the party gets busted by the cops... but the trippers on the roof (trancing out hardcore to the stars) never even know it happened until they finally come down off the roof to find that EVERYONE is gone. (The homeowner included, since he was arrested for distributing alchohol to minors)

Naturally, the trippers assume that the second coming of jesus has occured and that they were the only ones who were not smited or raised to heaven. You know, like they just kind of got bypassed completely because they were trancing out hardcore on the roof.

That is the best I've got considering you gave us absolutely no basis for starting except that it's a party...

irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: help oh help me please [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3446108 - 12/04/04 04:51 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

just pretend you are compeltely normal people and everybody else is freekin nuts and they really should't be let out to roam on the street which is why you have all holed up in that house party - i.e. to get away from all the nuts.

then start revealing the craziest thing you ever thought up, i.e. which if you told someone then they would think you were totally nuts and would lock you up.

good luck and throwa way the key
and happy new year.
(I am not never fun at parties...)

Trial by Madness

Re: help oh help me please [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3448525 - 12/05/04 02:56 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

alot of useful and good ideas. thanks, got aot of thinking to do still tho..

Loc: Pandurn
    #3448854 - 12/05/04 05:33 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Hhhm.... interesting concept. :thumbup: I'd be amazed if everyone involved did a reasonably well enough job of acting our their parts. :wink:

Before I suggest some ideas, I find it very intriguing and profound to conceive of every situation and interaction as if there was a script running behind it... in a way, there certainly is, just that the script is mutually arising, developing as the play goes on... :grin:

You can see the script as it is created. How every actor holds themself, how they express themselves, the totality of spoken word and movement... the plot and its subsequent plots and the setting... there is a lot of evidence that can be gathered as to what the silent parts of the script that are not spoken, but define why what is happening is happening, what motivates the actors to act... etc. etc. etc. etc. etc...... This has to be observed and completely understood before quality plays and scripts for movies, etc. can be written, the mechanics behind situations and actions... I'm spiraling off to some distant land here... :nut:

I don't think you should construct some extraordinary, unusual or out of the ordinary plot. I think you should consider the natural way a party unfolds, and use that to make this party more unique, dramatic, and dynamic. Consider the invidiuals who will be acting in this party, form their characters based on who they are now, considering their potential. Put them in new experiences, make them interact with other people differently than they usually would.

Its a social situation involving different individuals converging through relation for a general, lighthearted theme. Some people might come to get drunk, have a fun time, hang out with buddies, get laid, get free food, steal electronic equipment when everyone is passed out... whatever... Make the party more profound and dramatic. Bring different virbrancies of passion, emotion, and experience into it. Get creative, bring about a wide range of common human interaction themes and tweak them a bit, bring more depth to these roles, etc. etc. etc. etc. Have people that usually never bump into each other smoke a bowl together. Have them discuss shit. Have some shy kid smack some hot chick's ass. Make it an almost surreal, colorful, almost psychadelic experience. Imagine castles in medevial Europe, rich people in elaborate costumes converging and getting lost in the whismy and wonder and elaboratness and experience and heightened sense of awareness. :lol:

Sorry if I am all over the place and not presenting some clear suggestion... just ideas to soak in for a bit, I guess. I'm tired as hell so that certainly doesn't help anything. :wink: I'd also suggest only scripting the party up until a certain point, after everyone is set in their roles.. to see where the plot turns then...

Anyways, I doubt that this would really be carried out by all with this much depth, there are people that devote their life to doing exactly this type of thing, and it takes an organized structure to really produce this, but it certainly would help to have that type of mindset going into it... at least it would be a fun thing to try out. :grin:

Of course, there is one alternative that will produce almost the same results without any planning or structure... spike the drinks with ectasy... :shocked: :lol:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Loc: Heaven and Hell
Re: help oh help me please [Re: fireworks_god]
    #3449066 - 12/05/04 09:18 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Great excuse for an ORGY!!!

Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology