Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada Flag
Conversion vs turning to God for the 1st time
    #3443396 - 12/03/04 08:36 PM (12 years, 2 days ago)

As some of the more observant here in S & P MAY have noticed :grin: Freak Q has taken on a decidedly Copernican shift as of late in values and perspective via accepting Jesus Chirst as my true Lord and Saviour.

Now, i have probably had more bad expeiences with "born agains"(ie my born again brothers having my mother locked away in a nursing home in order to isolate her and force her to change her will and essentially steal my inheritance etc, there's been a LOT more but i digress)than a lot, if not most of the people here which is why i personally don't like being labeled as such( a born again christian).

I  much prefer being reffered to as one who has turned to God for the first time. Does anyone here make any note of dilineation or to you is it just my calling it(my transition) the same thing?

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Conversion vs turning to God for the 1st time [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #3443452 - 12/03/04 08:53 PM (12 years, 2 days ago)

There is something about the title "born again" that sort of makes me cringe, probably because of my experience with "born agains", as well.

But my understanding is that people who accept Jesus as their saviour are "born again".

You are born again, but I suppose you could say you have turned to God for the first time.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Re: Conversion vs turning to God for the 1st time [Re: Frog]
    #3443477 - 12/03/04 09:04 PM (12 years, 2 days ago)

Dudette, like wtf  :crazy: Yeah i guess i wasn't really expecting any clear line of dilineation. Perhaps my wanting to separate the wheat fom the chaff so to speak, was merely due to my wanting to differentiate those that wronged me(my own perception anyway and as i have forgiven them so WGAF?)And myself, forgiving all past percieved wrongs

It's all good anyway  :sun: :heart: :sun: :thumbup: :thumbup: :smile:

--------------------

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
    #3443500 - 12/03/04 09:12 PM (12 years, 2 days ago)

Having a personal relationship with God and jesus is great.

it's when these fuckers talk about it incessantly, listen only to Jesus music, read only the bible or other "religious" materials, run me down in the street to hand me pamphlets that tell me I'm going to hell, and insist that I become like them, that's when I get rather annoyed with them.

I mean, some of these freaks are even putting bible quotes in their shroomery sigs and shit, it's sick, so very, very, sick i tell you.

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: Conversion vs turning to God for the 1st time [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #3443506 - 12/03/04 09:14 PM (12 years, 2 days ago)

make it say:

"Home to the rabel-rousing Christ"

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #3443523 - 12/03/04 09:19 PM (12 years, 2 days ago)

Well, I don't like calling my self a "born again" Christian, because then I will be painted with the same broad brush that all "born agaiin" Christians are painted.

I experience the same thing with being a lawyer. It's embarassing to tell people I'm an attorney. I have to hear about all the horror stories that people went through with bad attorneys, I get smirks, and I have to listen to attorney jokes.

So I decided to put up with it, but be the one good attorney.

Same with being a born again Christian. People will give you shit because of the experiences they have had with born again Christians, but you can be one of the good ones, too.

I think that's why I decided not to be an evangelist, but I am willing to share my beliefs about God. I'm just not going to proactively seek people out to tell them about God. I want to just live as a Christian and set a good example and not hurt people.

Then, when people find out that I am a Christian, they will see that not all Christians are bad. But if I approach them first with trying to convert them or something, they will probably put a wall up.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

#3443550 - 12/03/04 09:27 PM (12 years, 2 days ago)

People will give you shit because of the experiences they have had with born again Christians, but you can be one of the good ones, too.

That as a wonderful post D3wdette(sorry, yet more leet speak from my days in otd :grin: ), and i sincerly from the bottom fo my heart give thanks for you taking the time to make it :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3443682 - 12/03/04 10:20 PM (12 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

Lightningfractal said:
"Home to the rabel-rousing Christ"

I got a good chuckle off that one. I use to want a painting of Jesus on a Harley with a Black Leather Jacket, his long hair, a smoke hanging out of his mouth and the caption that reads ;

A Rebel With a Cause!

Like James Deans rebel withOUT a cause pop art. People forget what a rebel rouser he was for his time, a radical, way cool and had a cause-shedding light on dark places. Somehow the church turned him into some shmutzy prude up on a pedastal only reachable through a priest or religion.

I need nothing to know and hang with him save a heart.

ANYWAY,

Fog and freak (freaky frog) You know how in the christians and reincarnation hread, you guys mentioned the Bible talking about one life and one death.

I talked in their about how think its been misinteropeted as one physical life. I talked about the one life being the eternal life of the soul and the death being reffered to the death of the false self, that beleives it is speparate from God/jesus.

And here you two are talking about being born again. You are still alive and yet, to be born again, you must've experienced the death of something which was not physical and the birth of "eternal life" through knowing you are at-one atoned, atonment- at one ment, being in the state of ONE with the creator.

Maybe it takes many physical lives to come to this place of self realisation in a defined/individuated soul being. Maybe Creator didn't want others to know love and appreciate what it is by right alone, but by having to find it in a journey of self discovery.

A baby who dies at birth never had a chance. Does it deserve eternity in hell?

Consider that original sin was another misinterpreed concept fr what souls really opted to do. deny the Gd self, so it could find the god self. Ya now how they say you have to loose your self to find yourself and discover who you are.

I personally feel and think a lot of souls set off on this grand adventure of creation to realise the self in this way with blessings and support.

I also think, via duality the whole happening got misconstrued to serve human agendas and turned into some idea that we wanted to be better then God and rebelled against it hense original sin.

Lucifer comes into play because we needed someone really intelligent to help us figure out how we could create a realm that was beleivable enough where we could experience forgetting who and what we were.

It had to be made where it wasn't going to be easy to find our way back to re-membering who we are.  It had to be dark, and only when we figured out how to turn on our heart lights could we begin to find our way. Thats why jesus said, "they have eyes but they can not see". One needs to see with the heart and inner light of the minds eye coupled with love.

We had to have our perception split to see Two instead of One to make it a challenge to re-member the self.

There's more to this insight. It may have some puzzle pieces for people who gave up on the Bible.

If the Bible is going to be your only source for how it went down then............whats left to be said or known by you. It's already been said and known. Whats left for you to do but save others sinners who rebelled agaisnt God and followed Lucifer out of heaven with it.....

Me, now that I am almost fully remembered, I am getting to enjoy realising my creative potential as a co-creative being that can think independently of the One within the one.

We couldn't do that when we only knew ourselves as one mind. As one mind, we had nothing to relate ourself too and no mirrors to see who and what we were.

:heart:

Jus something to consider.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Re: Conversion vs turning to God for the 1st time [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3444797 - 12/04/04 07:34 AM (12 years, 1 day ago)

And here you two are talking about being born again. You are still alive and yet, to be born again, you must've experienced the death of something which was not physical and the birth of "eternal life" through knowing you are at-one atoned, atonment- at one ment*, being in the state of ONE with the creator.

I think what dies my friend is SELFishness

*At-one-ment

:sun: :heart: :sun: :thumbup: :thumbup: :smile:

--------------------

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #3444908 - 12/04/04 08:18 AM (12 years, 1 day ago)

I am born again each day. I die every night.

I am not a "born again Christian."

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #3444913 - 12/04/04 08:23 AM (12 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

FreakQlibrium said:
And here you two are talking about being born again. You are still alive and yet, to be born again, you must've experienced the death of something which was not physical and the birth of "eternal life" through knowing you are at-one atoned, atonment- at one ment*, being in the state of ONE with the creator.

I think what dies my friend is SELFishness

*At-one-ment

:sun: :heart: :sun: :thumbup: :thumbup: :smile:

Once again... I take the evidence provided from each group, and offer the following:

Two sides of the same coin. "Born again" IS the same thing as ego/duality-transcedence.

The problem is, Christians tend to believe they only have to be "Born Again" once... it is VERY easy to slip right back into the ego/duality mode after ego/duality transcendance... which is exactly why a continuous effort is required to keep the ego at bay.

Thus, I see that the error in many christians' outlooks (not saying necessarily freak and frog, more of a broad statement) is that they believe that once they've been born again, it's all downhill from there. The truth is, EVERY SINGLE DAY you must keep your ego in check... it will always be there, and it is necessary that you be aware at all times to make sure it is not acting up. The moment you say "Oh, I don't have to worry about this anymore..." is when you go BACK into an egoic mode, ironically.

--

AGAIN: I am offering the idea that there is no seperation between each religion. We are all the same, and we all have the same journey to face--we just give it different names. The belief that "My religion is right and all the others are wrong" CREATES A SEPERATION. This seperation creates the illusion of being without ego ("with christ") even when you are not.

THIS is why you see so many Christians acting un-christianly, but still saying they are righteous in their actions.

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Re: Conversion vs turning to God for the 1st time [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3445006 - 12/04/04 09:03 AM (12 years, 1 day ago)

Hey JC, the OTHER JC i mean :wink: That's a GR8 attitude to have. Personally i myself still cringe, perhaps even more so now that i am a follower of Christ and believer in God than i did B4 i invited the Lord into my life, at the term "born again Christian" as there are a ton of fakes out there, going to church on sundays and making sure everyone sees how much they throw into the collection basket. Lamentably for THEM, God doesn't care about those kind of self aggrandizing public displays, he just cares what's in a person's  :heart:

--------------------

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Re: Conversion vs turning to God for the 1st time [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3445028 - 12/04/04 09:15 AM (12 years, 1 day ago)

they believe that once they've been born again, it's all downhill from there.

I realize you weren't aiming this specifically at me or Frog but i just wanted to throw in my .02. God told me himself that just because i had accepted the gift of salvation through Jesus that the circumstances of my life would automatically get any easier, in fact, he said they COULD get worse, although it would take a perverse skill of imagination for me to imagine how  :crazy:

But no matter what the vicissitudes(sp?) of my external circumstances may be i will shine on through walking hand in hand with Jesus :smile:

But if they do: So be it.~~*You gotta roll with the punches to get to what's real*~~ :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

#3445098 - 12/04/04 10:01 AM (12 years, 1 day ago)

I mean, some of these freaks are even putting bible quotes in their shroomery sigs and shit, it's sick, so very, very, sick i tell you.

Your subtlety is overwhelming LF  :smirk:

And bytw, that's Freak with a capital F  :mad:

:wink: :heart:

--------------------

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

#3445111 - 12/04/04 10:15 AM (12 years, 1 day ago)

Then, when people find out that I am a Christian, they will see that not all Christians are bad

I really think that is the best way. BAC's as a whole tend to alienate a lot of people that have a preconcieved notion of them(although a lot of these notions are usually justified imo).Such as, and i speak from personal experience: a BAC using the bible and guilt/fear to force someone to change their lives, not according to God's will but rather the BAC's interpretatation of God's word. People like that are contol freaks generally and are just using God's word to control another's behavior according to THEIR will and not to God's  :crazy:

--------------------

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

#3446041 - 12/04/04 04:21 PM (12 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

God told me himself that just because i had accepted the gift of salvation through Jesus that the circumstances of my life would automatically get any easier, in fact, he said they COULD get worse, although it would take a perverse skill of imagination for me to imagine how 

Next time you see God would you please remind him that I still need that lotto win? :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

#3446094 - 12/04/04 04:43 PM (12 years, 1 day ago)

Next time you see God would you please remind him that I still need that lotto win?  :grin:

Now THAT my friend you will have to do for yourself :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3446136 - 12/04/04 05:03 PM (12 years, 1 day ago)

Being Born-again simply means that you have made the choice to set aside your past and move forward with God. To accept Jesus and his teachings as your new ideals, your new set of virtues, your new set of laws.

To many people would like to take the words of Born again and place them is some type of literal means. That is not the point and is a cause for confusion.

Freak you should be comfortable in saying you are Born again, You are. You have made the choice to get close to God and live as Jesus teaches. The goal is to get as close to the mark as you can. To please God so he may please you.

I want you to know that many of the Christians that shove shit into your face and tell you " Your going to hell unless you get saved. Oh by the way we are having a service this Sunday at 10 am"

These idiots have self propelling agendas.............MONEY

It makes God sick and they wonder why they can not perform the works of God.

Keep your eyes on Jesus and keep studying his words. Keep up in prayer and reach out to God and his wisdom. Which is available to all that seek it.

Putting your eyes on men to know the things of God and you will find that Men will lead you astray. God will let you know which humans are truly his children. That is where the gift of wisdom come of great importance.

Prayer and studying the words of Jesus are the path. There are many more truths in the bible than lies. Through God and hi wisdom you will know the difference.

Never be afraid to say you love Jesus and are Born Again into the kingdom of God. The kingdom of God is in you right now. And if you keep up the truth and the works of God than the reward will be eternity with God. What ever that may be, when God finally revels it to you :thumbup:

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3446138 - 12/04/04 05:04 PM (12 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

FreakQlibrium said:
Next time you see God would you please remind him that I still need that lotto win?  :grin:

Now THAT my friend you will have to do for yourself :wink:

LOL it will never work.

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Re: Conversion vs turning to God for the 1st time [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3446152 - 12/04/04 05:11 PM (12 years, 1 day ago)

I never said it would work FN, but as you very well know i suspect, there is no BAD reason to turn to God, as long as you turn :wink:

Have a GR8 night and thanks for the inspiration you bring me(in response to the long post of yours just above this one)

Much  :heart: :thumbup: :thumbup:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology