Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineinsanity_420
Beginner
myc not recooping
    #3443277 - 12/03/04 08:05 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

hey ok i have a casing thats got 3 cakes in it. Its been in the incubator for 4 days now and i still see no mycelium growth pokin through. Substrate is mabye a inch thick mabye a little bit thicker. Did i fuck these up somehow? i did a casing before and it was ok. I had everything timed out so id have these done by christmas and now im gunna be days behind. Its probably not a good idea to put it in the fruiting chaimber until after i see some myc eh? I think what happened is because i used a little less verm and the casing was a tad bit dry yesterday so i misted it sommore. Well about How long do you guys think i should wait on this casing before i start to think its a failure? I dunno i got 3 more cakes one will be done this weekend im going to make cakes with them instead What should i do guys

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineKingBahamut
visiting goon

Re: myc not recooping [Re: insanity_420]
    #3443284 - 12/03/04 08:07 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Three days isn't too long to wait. How thick is your casing layer?

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #3443319 - 12/03/04 08:18 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

If you put it into the fruiting chamber prematurely you'll only slow the process even further. Mushrooms do not grow on a schedule - maintain the casing moisture & incubation temperature and and wait. It will be ready to fruit soon.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #3443532 - 12/03/04 09:21 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Man you made your casing layer a wee bit too thick, a half inch is plenty. You use a inch thick casing when you do bulk and have 4-6 inches of substrate. Just wait it out and dont mess with it too much or its gonna contam on you, spray with a lil bit of 1:5 3% peroxide to sterile h20.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlineinsanity_420
Beginner
Re: myc not recooping [Re: Psychoslut]
    #3444357 - 12/04/04 02:28 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Ok thanks guys I asked in this forum too how thick everything should be People musta thought i meant for bulk i guess. Live and learn right? Anyways thick casing layer means fat shrooms right? Thats better than havin shrooms the size of q tips. And the casing layer is about 1 and a half inches i think it was a little bit bigger than the top layer. Probably closer to the same size =/

InvisibleKyKid
Stranger
    #3444385 - 12/04/04 02:48 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

aight lets get some things clear before we go any further, you said your casing layer is about 1 1/2 inc thick and then you also said it was a little bit bigger then the top layer, the casing layer is the top layer, the middle or bottom layer is the substrate, and yes the bigger it is, the larger the fruits, the thicker the casing layer i believe it just helps out with the future flushes because it retains more water than a thinner casing layer, but also take longer for the mycelium to brake through the top.

Offlineinsanity_420
Beginner
Re: myc not recooping [Re: KyKid]
    #3445401 - 12/04/04 12:39 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

aighty Kykid im always gettin substrate and casing layer mixed up thats why i specified top layer =) Its morning now so i suppose i should check it quick. I know mycelium can do a lot in one night..............
(2 min later)

PRAISE THE SHROOM GOD i got some pieces poking through in 3 spots.
Woo hoo time to patch remist and enter into the fruiting chaimber. Thanks for everything guys ill let ya know how it goes theres 2 b+ and 1 gt in the same casing so im interested to see wut happens. They arent mixed together but on different sides of the casing.

Offlineshrimshrams
One that is not

#3445434 - 12/04/04 12:51 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

so when the mycelium starts to show you gotta bury it and spray it?

--------------------
funk not only moves; it removes. dig?

Offlineinsanity_420
Beginner
Re: myc not recooping [Re: shrimshrams]
    #3445457 - 12/04/04 01:04 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

yah put a light layer over it to cover the aggressive stuff. Spraying is just to bring it back to its appropriate level of moisture. Now i got about a 10 day wait before pins.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation