Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinesoShroomHungry
Stranger

pedro cuttings
    #3432370 - 12/01/04 11:08 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

how can one take pedro cuttings that are calloused, and root them? i've got some in some soil , in a pot. sunlight for hours or ...? how often should they get a misting *foliar  feeding* and for regular rooted cactus, how often should they get watered and how much? i'm using 1 tbsp peter's plant food, 1 tsp superthrive per gallon.. is this too strong a food? :confused:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
Re: pedro cuttings [Re: soShroomHungry]
    #3433436 - 12/01/04 03:30 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Do a search, this has been answered many times. I would not foliar feed but it can be done. With that strong a nute mix I'd only hit them once in a great while.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Re: pedro cuttings [Re: Stonehenge]
    #3434943 - 12/01/04 09:05 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

mushmush.com has all the meathods and a guide. Foliar feeding works great for cacti. I spray them at the begining of the dark period every day. Only take a cutting if your plant is around 2-3 feet.

Whats the NPK on the peters? Are they in dormancy? what kind of lighting do they get. Your using too much superthrive, they reccomend 1/4 tsp per gal.

OfflineMaverik
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: West
Re: pedro cuttings [Re: Gr0wer]
    #3440338 - 12/02/04 10:42 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I'd cut the Peter's to half that strength or even down to 1 tsp. Also, from my experience superthrive doesn't seem to make much difference with San Pedro. As far as rooting just stick it in the dirt a few inches, enough to not fall over and leave the soil dry until roots form (usually 1-2 months). Once the roots form the cutting will start to grow and you can begin watering.

--------------------
~ Dead to the Core ~

Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

Re: pedro cuttings [Re: soShroomHungry]
    #3443145 - 12/03/04 05:17 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

superthrive is funny, some people swear by it, and some people think it is bs.
but it does recommend less per app. , and i would also recommend using less peters, that stuff can burn pretty bad.
and you can always add more but it is hard to get it out of the soil if you make it too hot.

feeding at the beginning of the dark period is ok, but only if you have enough air flow, it could be a good way to damage your cacti if you aren't careful. you can spray them in the morning with the same results, but you will have less chance of water damage/rot if done during the day, heat of the day sun+ water will burn the cacti. so that why i say in the morning.
just my 2

OfflineMaverik
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: West
Re: pedro cuttings [Re: zerozero]
    #3443227 - 12/03/04 05:42 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Also, cacti transpire using CAM, that is their stomata open at night to release CO2. By doing this they conserve water. Pedro has a thick cuticle so to foliar feed the stomata need to be open. Feeding an hour or so after dark is probably optimal as that will give cacti a longer period to let the nutrients in. Here's a website explaining CAM a bit more http://www.dflt.org/awareness/cam.htm

--------------------
~ Dead to the Core ~

Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

Re: pedro cuttings [Re: Maverik]
    #3443360 - 12/03/04 06:29 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

cool website, but i believe you mean they open their stomates in order to take in C02, not release it. thanks for the info.

" To conserve water, a cactus open its stomates, which are small pore-like openings in the outer skin (epidermis), at night and closes them during the day. During the night carbon dioxide (CO2) diffuses through the stomates along a concentration gradient from the air into the interior of a cactus."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds