Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
Re: A priest doesn't like me [Re: Great Scott]
    #3442904 - 12/03/04 03:55 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well, I tried to take it seriously while I was there (for the sake of not making him reaally rreeeaally mad), but yeah, I agree with you. The whole "right path, wrong path" stuff is what really kinda drove me nuts. There's more than two roads in life :tongue:

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 6' under pushin up shroom...
    #3442928 - 12/03/04 04:02 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

First of all he seems to have formed a prejudiced opinion about anyone who uses or has used any form of "drugs". I can see where this might happen to someone in his position, who is trying to do good in the community (in his own mind I'm sure he does have good intentions) but has seen many cases of heroin and crack addicts (drugs that can be EXTREMELY addictive and hard to kick) who had a very difficult time getting clean. He therefore assumes that all drugs are alike and have the same dependency issues.

Now, I'm not defending him here I'm just pointing out his perspective and coming to my main point. Which is the fact that he is only a man just like you and me. Nothing more. The fact that he is a preist makes him no better than you or anyone else. Take his 'advice' with a grain of salt.

I'd go as far as to say you would get much better advice from your fellow pubbers than from that priest any day, even if he is trained in that sort of thing. At least the advice you get here is from people who have either been in your situation or have had friends/family who have been there. Advice from people who know your pain first hand is better than from some old codger who will stereotype you from the word go and judge you with a biased opinion from the moment you walk in the door. Good luck, bro and know that we are always here when you need us.

--------------------

OfflineGreat Scott
Trigger Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Control Grid
    #3442931 - 12/03/04 04:02 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yea i understand.  It was very mature of you to go in and at least attempt a civilized and honest conversation with him.
Hell, i remember a time when i was a raging radical atheist (highschool years :smile: ) and woulda been been a total asshole to any priest i encountered.
But the older i get, the more i realize that this is not theway to go.
5 shrooms for being patient, honest, and willing to cooperate just for the sake of being "open" to someones pov

--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
Re: A priest doesn't like me [Re: 13eetleJuice]
    #3442959 - 12/03/04 04:12 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I agree with you 13eetleJuice - there are many drugs that I'm sure he's witnessed just tear apart lives and families. I did inform him that I do not do 'hard drugs' (I even listed crack, cocaine and heroin), but I don't think he really thought much different about marijuana. I am definitely really glad I have the pubbers - this might have bothered me if I didn't have a group of people who understand where I'm coming from to confide in. :smile:

and thanks, PeyoteZen!

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
Re: A priest doesn't like me [Re: lukeboots]
    #3442968 - 12/03/04 04:14 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

sprinkle some shroom powder in his communion wine and talk with him the next day :devil:

--------------------

:murray:

Edited by blissedout (12/03/04 04:14 PM)

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Re: A priest doesn't like me [Re: blissedout]
    #3443010 - 12/03/04 04:24 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

lol

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale