Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Science and Technology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Loc: outta here
Toyota Robots
    #3442233 - 12/03/04 02:49 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Just spotted this on Gizmodo, take that Segway!

i-foot (you have 10 seconds to comply!)

These are all due to be shown at an expo next year.

Mountable, Walking ?i-foot? Robot
This 2-legged, mountable robot was developed for three-dimensional mobility, with the ability to navigate staircases. The passenger climbs on and drives with a joystick. Toyota will present this proposal for a new type of mobility at EXPO 2005 AICHI, JAPAN.

Design Concept
The egg-shaped design of the ?i-foot? that wraps around the passenger is meant to express the dream of future three-dimensional mobility and the feelings of safety and reliability upon which that dream is built.

Main Features

* The ability to mount and dismount comfortably was of primary consideration in the design of the bird-like legs, which bend toward the rear.
    * Steering and speed of the ?i-foot? is controlled with a joystick, a fun form of driving different from that of conventional forms of mobility.

I wonder what they're smoking over at Toyota :grin:

There's a whole load of PR blurb and some instrument 'playing' robots and pics on the press release here.

The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Science and Technology