Home | Community | Message Board

Radical Mycology Book by Chthaeus Press
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Pressure Cooker, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebenrules92
Tripaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: Ont-hairyohhhh
Kinda pc, but yet kinda boiled ,,,,,, need advice
    #3441553 - 12/03/04 11:51 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

OK I dont have a pressure cooker ,,,, but i used 2 big pots of boiling water to sterilize my 8 jars of wbs (yes i soaked them for 24 hours and simmerred for 25 mins),,,,, but i had c-clamps on the lids to kinda make it pressurized and boiled for 1 1/2 hours,,, now i have been reading that u cant boil wbs or if u do it doesnt work very well ,,,, but i have seen no type of contam's and it has been a while now and all i see is beautiful white fluff,,,, so i think it did work .  .... now i didnt boil a couple of the jars and put them in another part of the house so i could see what some contams look like and they are all molding up and shit ,,,,,  and my jars that i did boil are in my incubator better growing contitions show no signs of contams ... any input would appriciated :smile:    ps i was baked when i wrote this,,,, so it might not make sense ,,,,

Edited by benrules92 (12/03/04 07:52 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: Kinda pc, but yet kinda boiled ,,,,,, need advice [Re: benrules92]
    #3441582 - 12/03/04 12:00 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

You may have gotten lucky and it sterilized the grains good enough .
DO self fave , save up get a PC , much safer than that "C" clamp method , you are asking for an explosion doing that .

Good idea learning what contams look like , learning is learning even if it is how to grow nasties  :wink: But not even boiling them kinda missed a point .
Good Luck

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

InvisibleArp
roving mycophagist
 User Gallery

Loc: in a van by the river
Re: Kinda pc, but yet kinda boiled ,,,,,, need advice [Re: tripndicular]
    #3442115 - 12/03/04 02:08 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

can u smell it? i pc:ed some wbs and made an open airtransfer (argh). white fluff was forming in one and all but then the room started to stink and I opened them and had a sniff and it smell'd realy awfull :-O you use polyfills or something maybe you can sniff throu that?

Invisibletripndicular

Re: Kinda pc, but yet kinda boiled ,,,,,, need advice [Re: Arp]
    #3442133 - 12/03/04 02:12 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Are you being wicked ? :devil:

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

InvisiblePeterthinks
(Caulking) gun for hire

#3442177 - 12/03/04 02:24 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I don't think he can blow up the jars.The water that surrounds them is at boiling point so whatever is in them (clamped jars) can never be above boiling point.Like a double boiler.
If they were directly on the element then they could get hotter.
On the other hand the increase in pressure would lower the boiling point and the jars would create steam sooner.You won't know for sure till you stick a temp probe to the top of the jar and weld a pressure guage to the lid.
But any way you cut it glass isn't a good pressure vessel.
But they make amazing grenades if you put a few ounces of gunpowder in them....or over pressure them.
:jester:
You can get a little pc at walmart for $20 or so and ignore this thread entirely.

--------------------
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for the rest of the night.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
NEWB NEWBIE NEWCOMER IGNORANT? QUESTIONS?
Click HERE HERE HERE HERE For detailed instructions with pictures on how to grow mushrooms. There is a lot of info on the Shroomery and this is what you need to know.

Invisibletripndicular

Re: Kinda pc, but yet kinda boiled ,,,,,, need advice [Re: Peterthinks]
    #3442214 - 12/03/04 02:40 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I was refering to him clamping a pot shut that is not designed to be under pressure , I doubt it could effectively build up enough pressure to explode , but crack , or blast that lid right thru a window or into someones face .......

Pyrex is great for pressure , but yes ......

Nice little fire crackers glass jars are  :wink:

And completly sealed jars in PC or AC can and will expplode , and when it does it's contents make on hell of a mess to clean up . That is why holes in lids , lose caps , inverted caps are done , it's not just for inocing . Gases other than water can and will expand in them .

I agree with ............get PC and blow this post !

--------------------

Offlinebenrules92
Tripaddict
 User Gallery

#3442297 - 12/03/04 03:16 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

well i just went out and got a pressure cook ,,,, but holy shit it is a pain in the ass to find ... the reps at all the store are retarted and they kept showing me just big pots,, then when i did find one it was only a 4.8 quart or some shit .... but i ended up finding a 8 quart ... its kinda small .... but i just went and got smaller canning jars....... lol .. so i have a pressure cooker now .... but i still got those other jars incubating

Offlinebenrules92
Tripaddict
 User Gallery

#3442304 - 12/03/04 03:18 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

ohhh yea by the way my grammer is horrible ,,, so dont make fun lol

Invisibletripndicular

#3442738 - 12/03/04 05:22 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

benrules92 said:
well i just went out and got a pressure cook ,,,, but holy shit it is a pain in the ass to find ... the reps at all the store are retarted and they kept showing me just big pots,, then when i did find one it was only a 4.8 quart or some shit .... but i ended up finding a 8 quart ... its kinda small .... but i just went and got smaller canning jars....... lol .. so i have a pressure cooker now .... but i still got those other jars incubating

Good... but...
I see a problem in your future , after your first successful batch .........

You will want a bigger PC  :wink:

--------------------

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #3442799 - 12/03/04 05:35 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Trip...... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Watch eBay..... ALL AMERICAN PC

The bigger, the better.

YOU WILL NEVER REGRET IT.

Search fractile sterilization.

Never worked for me....though

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Pressure Cooker, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation