Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblestic
Strange
Loc: to hell you ride
first attempt, deciding how many strains to start out with
    #3440843 - 12/03/04 03:32 AM (12 years, 3 days ago)

After reading every begginer tek and coming to the best possible understanding of my options and the whole process I feel that I'm ready get my feet wet. My intentions are to start with six 12cc TLG syringes, innoculating thirty wide mouth half pint jars with three syringes, allowing these to fully culture before using the other three syringes. I plan on attempting casing a small ammount of my jars. I'm considering ecudor, amazonian, thai ks ban hua thanon, b+, cambodian, panaleous cyanesens, and golden teacher. I would like to order six different strains but common sense tells me to keep it simple. I would greatly appreciate anyones opinon on how many different strains I should start out with and which of those that i'm considering are better for a first timer. (and which I should rule out) Thnx

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: first attempt, deciding how many strains to start out with [Re: stic]
    #3440871 - 12/03/04 03:44 AM (12 years, 3 days ago)

B+, GT, EQ, Malabar, in any order. Stay away from pans, until you have your shit togather. I started with EQ & WBS. Never did one cake, but suggest you do, to get a feel for it.

--------------------

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Rotation

Loc: That Way
Re: first attempt, deciding how many strains to start out with [Re: stic]
    #3440873 - 12/03/04 03:45 AM (12 years, 3 days ago)

ive heard bad stuff about the thai ks growing bad on cakes. but ill be able to tell you moe in about 3 days when mine start to pin. the b+ is good to start with. i have some ecuadors but havent got to inoc yet. i say the more the merrier. but thats just may be me. keep it simple at first or dive head in. its up to you.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: first attempt, deciding how many strains to start out with [Re: lemon_lw]
    #3440899 - 12/03/04 04:02 AM (12 years, 3 days ago)

Creepers and Gt's are good. Creepers grow and they don't get Huge except every now and then but they are a bit more potent than some cubes and give quite a good visual trip. Gt's from my exp. give a great body trip but it takes quite a bit i've noticed to start getting a good visual. And yeah pan's aren't easy, they have strict requirements and that's a lot of jars to start out with, if you're hoping to do so many in the hopes of getting only a few contaminated that's kool but remeber, contams are contagious as hell and should be treated like so, You may not want to put thirity in one chamber(lol thats a lot) or several chambers right next to another, i've heard of cobb webb spreading throughout the room, from one side clear across to the other, i figure u kno all this but it's just a reminder, i'd hate for you to post back about how this is the worst hobby and how you can't get the smell of mold out. Maybe you'll do great, either way good luck and have fun with it, it's an awesome hobby.
o n here's six id try first,
B+, Golden teacher, Equador, Malabar,Creeper and Hawaiin ____<--(blank,went totally fucking blank)
Gl

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation