Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

For musicians...
    #343867 - 06/18/01 08:06 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Have any of you performed a gig while tripping on acid or shrooms? ive read that hendrix has done a few concerts while peaking on acid and he did very well. i plan on shrooming for my next concert but i want to get more used to the alternate reality before i fuck up at a gig.

We're all mad here...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
Re: For musicians... [Re: HB]
    #343885 - 06/18/01 08:23 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Never done it myself, but a friend who plays guitar in a local band used to do it religiously. He said it was the coolest shit ever, but he would fuck up all the time, especially during his guitar solo's. It was some funny shit.

Tired of pimping yourself on the corner to afford spores? Well throw out that red dress and go to the FSR, for spores even you can afford.

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

OfflineGrimace
enthusiast
Loc: Oregon
Re: For musicians... [Re: jonnyshaggs420]
    #343977 - 06/18/01 09:58 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, I've heard the same thing from a couple of my friends. The music is always shittty but I guess the experience is incredible. I think you react more to the crowd than you do normaly, but that depends heavily on the type of crowd you get. I say go for it. I plan on trying it once I get some gigs going here soon.

Grimace

"Is there any way of knowing..... which direction we are going?!!! YES!"

--------------------
"Is there anyway of knowing........which direction we are going?!! Yes!"
Mr. Wonka

Anonymous

Re: For musicians... [Re: Grimace]
    #343993 - 06/18/01 10:07 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, twice. Once was just at a big open jam festival sort of thing. Real relaxed, peaceful setting. My band had already played our set and I was just jamming with a three friends who had a band. One of the best nights of my life. Some friends said it was some great music too
Another time was at an actual bar ttype gig. Took 2.5grams prior and it hit midway thru the first set. Since we're a jam band, my guitar noodling/wandering didn't really attract much notice and I pulled it off without too many fuck ups (the owner asked us back).
About 50% of my trips, I play guitar at some point tho, so I've had plenty of practice. With a band that is loose and relaxed, you can create some of the most incredible music. I wish I had recorded my first experience, as stone sober audience members assured me that our level of improv was incredible. Damn. I wish I could hear it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thoughts follow my vision and dance in the sun

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: For musicians... [Re: ]
    #344084 - 06/19/01 12:30 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

exactly, i ALWAYS play guitar while tripping. im starting to actually sound better on shrooms (like REAL better not just shroomie better) but on acid my mind is so fucked i have no concept of music so i cant play on it. guitar pulled me out of a really bad trip and made it so much better. my friend did a concert on E, and needless to say he rocked out.

We're all mad here...

OfflineChonger
Olive grower

Loc: England
    #344330 - 06/19/01 10:20 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Whats cool to do, is eat some shrooms, then play an instrument, and as you start coming up, notice how you start playing differently, having different concepts and ideas and images in your mind. Watch the music evolve into something truly elemental, and use the instrument as a means of absolute expression of feeling.

Its in your heart, its in your art, your beauty.
Even in this world of lies, theres purity.

--------------------
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than have a frontal lobotomy

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #344367 - 06/19/01 11:28 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Playing guitar ir really cool while on shrooms, seeing how cool your fingers move over the fretboard. only a bit more difficult to play than usual. maybe I need some more practice on shrooms:)
but at a concert? bigger chance you fuck it up, so I don't think I would try it. But when you did it tell me how it was!

sucked into the vortex....

OfflineKaren
Pooh-Bah
Female

Re: For musicians... [Re: stefan]
    #344418 - 06/19/01 01:22 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

why don't you try and tape it...Just pop in a cassettte and start recording. Maybe play for a few minutes at the beginning of the tape when you are not trippin so you have something to compare to.

That way you could really know if you play better or if it is just your imaginiation.

*MAKE THE SHROOMERY A BETTER PLACE!*
Visit the suggestion forum & be active in ALL aspects of the community!
When you are done go visit the FSR!

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: For musicians... [Re: Karen]
    #344498 - 06/19/01 04:19 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

good idea

We're all mad here...

InvisibleFloydian
veteran
    #345750 - 06/21/01 02:45 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Never actually played a show tripping but have played in front of friends tripping. One time that sticks out in my mind was when I ate about 4 grams and just hung out with my 3 best friends all night. I had my guitar set up and would just pick it up every now and again and play. You can really really get into a jam if you are in the right environment. My friends all remarked afterwards that it was the best they had ever heard me play and they weren't tripping.

"I hate to say this, but this place is getting to me. I think I'm getting the Fear."

--------------------
Don't squeeze the pancake batter

InvisibleTripsAreForKids
addict

Loc: Not In The US
    #349842 - 06/27/01 06:31 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

i play guitar and when im on shrooms i dont play as good as i do sober... but i can put together some pretty trippy prodigy-like techno music... i have no problem playing guitar on acid.. but when i do that i dont really pay attention to how good it sounds.... for any other guitar players out there, adjust the position of your amp, like put it behind you, besides you, outside the room, turn it to the left and right, lay it on its side... that shit, believe it or not, can be really trippy...

Keep Trippin' and Blazin'

-=SporeWorks=-

--------------------
Everything posted above was out of fun, none should be taken serious. I am currently under the influence so take that into consideration.

Offlineoptikal_trip
enthusiast

Loc: Toronto
Re: For musicians... [Re: TripsAreForKids]
    #350076 - 06/27/01 01:29 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah but Hendrix was an amazing guitarist so he could do cid and play without screwing it up... and like the cid made him play trippy shit... so it was even cooler...

--------------------
They chopped her goddam head off right there in the parking lot. Then they cut all kinds of holes in her head and sucked the blood out. I think they were after the pineal gland.

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
    #350178 - 06/27/01 03:40 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I am just learning guitar so I am not in a leauge where I could play gigs yet. However, I do enjoy sitting with my guitar and playing while tripping. And since I am new to it I pretty much suck ALL the time so it doesn't matter!

I can see a musician being able to play gigs though. If you are comfortable with your music and you are comfortable with your state of mind while trippin it could be a lot of fun. And music provides a medium in which you can improvise and still look good.

What really impresses me was Dock Ellis. He was a pitcher for the Pittsburgh Pirates and on June 12, 1970 he pitched a no-hitter in San Diego while totally blazing on acid. It is an amazing story. If you have never heard about it you should read about it. Amazing stuff! And there is no room for 'improvisation' while pitching major league baseball!!

Two wrongs don't make a right...but three lefts do!

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

OfflineChonger
Olive grower

Loc: England
Re: For musicians... [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #350185 - 06/27/01 03:58 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

My friends band get completely baked before every show heh
Most of the venues turn a blind eye to some pot smokeage in the dressing rooms, but one time they smoked so much weed in there, it was wafting through into the entire venue and they ended up getting barred for life. Its so funny

and i couldn't awake from the nightmare that sucked me in and pulled me under
pulled me under
oh... that was so real

--------------------
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than have a frontal lobotomy

Anonymous

Re: For musicians... [Re: Chonger]
    #350215 - 06/27/01 04:47 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Just a tidbit of info... back in the day, the Allman Brothers would drink massive amounts of 'electric tea' before, during, and between sets. Electric tea was tea with LSD added... this was 68/69 and those yrs are some of their best.

Thoughts follow my vision and dance in the sun

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom