Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Vigilante Justice
    #3439580 - 12/02/04 07:46 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Here's an entertaining story that was forwarded to me, but it evoked a question in my mind as to vigilante justice.

If someone wrongs you or yours, do you wait for the government to take action on your behalf? Or do you take justice into your own hands?

Two wrongs don't make a right, right? And we should abide by the laws of our states, even if those laws don't often afford the justice that is deserved. (Dang those loopholes!)

I might be wrong for thinking this way, but I've always said that if anyone harmed any of my children, I would take justice into my own hands, even if it meant I would be spending the rest of my life in prison.

The story:

Gun-toting granny Ava Estelle, 81, was so ticked-off when two thugs raped her 18-year-old granddaughter that she tracked the unsuspecting ex-cons down - - and shot off their testicles.

The old lady spent a week hunting those men down -- and when she found them, she took revenge on them in her own special way, said Melbourne ( Australia) police investigator Evan Delp. Then she took a taxi to the nearest police station, laid the gun on the sergeant's desk and told him as calm as could be:

'Those bastards will never rape anybody again, by God.' Cops say convicted rapist and robber Davis Furth, 33, lost both his penis and his testicles when outraged Ava opened fire with a 9-mm pistol in the hotel room where he and former prison cellmate Stanley Thomas, 29, were holed up.

The wrinkled avenger also blew Thomas' testicles to kingdom come, but doctors managed to save his mangled penis, police said. The one guy, Thomas, didn't lose his manhood, but the doctor I talked to said he won't be using it the way he used to, Detective Delp told reporters. Both men are still in pretty bad shape, but I think they're just happy to be alive after what they've been through.

The Rambo Granny swung into action August 21 after her granddaughter Debbie was carjacked and raped in broad daylight by two knife-wielding creeps in a section of town bordering on skid row.

"When I saw the look on my Debbie's face that night in the hospital, I decided I was going to go out and get those bastards myself 'cause I figured the Law would go easy on them," recalled the retired library worker. "And I wasn't scared of them, either-- because I've got me a gun and I've been shootin' all my life. I wasn't dumb enough to turn it in when the law changed about owning one."

So, using a police artist's sketch of the suspects and Debbie's description of the sickos', tough-as-nails Ava spent seven days prowling the wino-infested neighborhood where the crime took place till she spotted the ill fated rapists entering their flophouse hotel.

I knew it was them the minute I saw 'em, but I shot a picture of 'em anyway and took it back to Debbie and she said sure as hell, it was them, the oldster recalled.

So I went back to that hotel and found their room and knocked on the door and the minute the big one, Furth, opened the door, I shot 'em right square between the legs, right where it would really hurt 'em most, you know.

Then I went in and shot the other one as he backed up pleading to me to spare him. Then I went down to the police station and turned myself in.

Now, baffled lawmen are trying to figure out exactly how to deal with the vigilante granny. What she did was wrong, and she broke the law, but it is difficult to throw an 81-year-old woman in prison, Det. Delp said, especially when 3 million people in the city want to nominate her for sainthood and a medal.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: Vigilante Justice [Re: Frog]
    #3439761 - 12/02/04 08:29 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I was just wondering why no one has replied to this and then it dawned on me, "this forum is almost all male".

Okay guys? Did the rapers deserve it and should granny go free or was getting their balls shot off NOT equal or fair justice for raping a woman?

If it was your wife, sister, mom, daughter or girlfriend who was raped, would you want to hunt the guys down?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3439765 - 12/02/04 08:30 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

BTW frog, where did your xmas avatar go? I loved it!

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity
    #3439766 - 12/02/04 08:30 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I don't believe in revenge, so no :smile:

--------------------

OfflineMrBump
Third prize is you're fired
 User Gallery

Loc: Denver, Colorado
    #3439790 - 12/02/04 08:36 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Frog- you should watch the movie "Boondock Saints"
the plot is based around whether vigilante justice is good/bad

--------------------
If it weren't for the bloody corpses, I wouldn't have any corpses at all.

There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree: start climbing or sit on an acorn.

Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Vigilante Justice [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3439892 - 12/02/04 09:04 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Come on!!! So, you think guys would sympathize with the rapists? Their penalty was too lite, they should have been killed.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Re: Vigilante Justice [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3439901 - 12/02/04 09:07 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

um, i don't specifically 'sympathize' with them, but nor do I judge them, condemn them, or wish hardships upon them :smile:

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Vigilante Justice [Re: deff]
    #3439910 - 12/02/04 09:11 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

In general I don't wish hardships upon people.  Not my place to judge.  But don't fuck with my family.  :guns:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineCyber
Ash
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dearborn Michigan
    #3439912 - 12/02/04 09:12 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

When I went through weapons training the officer teaching it said, "If you come across a woman yelling RAPE! and there is a man in the act of raping her. Take out your gun and plow his head off. It will be cheaper for her to go through therapy than it will be to try him and incarcerate him."

If you ran the same story in Texas the woman would have gotten lots of money donated to her for her acts.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#3439915 - 12/02/04 09:12 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
BTW frog, where did your xmas avatar go? I loved it!

Thanks, Jig.  :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#3439920 - 12/02/04 09:13 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I do.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

#3439936 - 12/02/04 09:16 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

"In general I don't wish hardships upon people. Not my place to judge. But don't fuck with my family."

It's either unconditional or it's just for show :smile:

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3439949 - 12/02/04 09:18 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I didn't mean to imply that men would sympathise with a rapist. I was thinking they would sympathise with having their johnson blown off and I was wondering if guys thought that was not a fair form of justice.

Of course, this is providing one even cares to see any form of counter attack/justice on this plane. This is a spritual religious forum, but It's easier to forgive in theroy then when your close family gets hurt that bad and scarred and traumatised for life.

Lets hope none of us are put in grannies shoes to have to find out what we would actually do or feel.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#3439952 - 12/02/04 09:19 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

They should have kept their wee-wees where they belonged and they would not have lost them.

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

#3439969 - 12/02/04 09:23 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

there are no shoulds :wink:

spirituality is not a past-time, it is all encompassing :smile:

A belief in theory, if not brought into one's worldview, is no more than entertainment :smile:

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#3439983 - 12/02/04 09:26 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I agree with what Jig and deff said in the last of their posts before this post of mine.

Deff, you are right that spiritualism should be all-encompassing. I shouldn't be in the position of "love your neighbor" when it suits.

However, I agree with Jig that we should all hope not to have to be put in that position.

I imagine that it is all talk for me, that I would take vigilante justice if someone in my family is harmed. I would like to think I would take the Christian position and let God take revenge on my behalf.

However, I hope not to be put to the test.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#3439988 - 12/02/04 09:28 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Just because we should forgive does not mean that justice should not be carried out.

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3439997 - 12/02/04 09:29 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

deff said:
there are no shoulds :wink:

spirituality is not a past-time, it is all encompassing :smile:

A belief in theory, if not brought into one's worldview, is no more than entertainment :smile:

I guess thats where the "tests' come in. I'm screwy enough to invite tests into my life for me to practice my theories and principles. However, I am not going to invite something such as as it would involve another. I wouldn't go that far for myself either.

I do like to manifest hypotheticals for apllication practice and testing of how well they work. To be honest def, even manifesting them for real is still, entertainment for me. What else are we to do with eternity but realise what we are made of and what we can do? :crazy2:

I know I know I know- blow out of here and "bliss out". Not for me.

Am I the only one who has an IV hooked up to it while I can do other things and think and feel at depths as well? I'm starting to feel like a freak of nature around here. :tongue:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Vigilante Justice [Re: Huehuecoyotl] * 1
    #3440021 - 12/02/04 09:35 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

"Everyone says forgiveness is a lovely idea until they have something to forgive" --C.S. Lewis

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3440039 - 12/02/04 09:38 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Tis true.

Right now, I can say I hold absolutely no grudges or il will towards a single soul. It's my goal to stay that way!

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder