Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleMystikMushroom
I RULE YOU!
Been There...Now What?
    #3439202 - 12/02/04 08:34 PM (12 years, 7 days ago)

I did my first trip using cubensis mushrooms about a year ago. I ate an 8th (supposed to be 3.5) and had a wonderful lvl3 trip (I can look back now and differentiate).

My second trip was this past summer. Interestingly enough the Wiccan's Almanac says that on the same day I had this trip I would have a "profound religious or enlightening experiance". I ate 3.5 grams (weighed by me) at an outdoor bluegrass festival and went from sober to lvl5 in less than an hour.

I don't really feel like detailing my experiance there, those who have been there know what it's like. Besides, words are really a poor way to communicate the ideas that shrooms bring.

My question for you guys is, this: I've been to the edge and back. I'm satisfied with what my experianced uncovered. The truths I learned that night have changed my life--for the better. I belive I really did witness the paradox that "is" the universe. I still don't know who or what or if me/you/us made it and have lost recolection. Those of you who have gone to this place in your mind know what i'm trying to say...

I've done quite a few small, low dose trips since. Each time less than a 20th of an oz. About half as much as my last profound trip. I just don't seem to have any interesting visuals, thoughts...it's rather boring and I feel like I just can't "break through". It's as if the shrooms have shown me everything there is--and mushrooms are just a dead end now. If that's true im so sad!!! I've only REALLY tripped out of my gourd twice.

Anyone have any tips on things to try and "ask" the shrooms, or direction for trips--ideas to ponder and secrets to seek?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Been There...Now What? [Re: MystikMushroom]
    #3439250 - 12/02/04 08:44 PM (12 years, 7 days ago)

Hi,

I sort of know what you mean.  After my lvl 5 trip, I was left with a helpless feeling, like, "what now?" 

My only suggestion (if you don't do it already) is to start putting into your trips what you want to get out of them.  Meditation, reading, writing...all in preperation for a shroom experience.  I always read a lot of thought-provoking stuff the week before a trip.  Think about what you can do to create a good set and setting. 

Also, if you aren't getting the effects you want, and you're comfortable with this, you might consider raising your dose.  3 grams puts me right where I want to be most of the time. 

It might help to meditate as your coming up on the mushrooms, thinking about your goals for the experience.  Also, try writing in a journal what *you* want to get out of the trip.  Maybe there's an idea you'd like to explore, or a problem you want to evaluate.  Writing it down can help you guide your trip a little bit, and give you something to work off of. 

Good luck man, and I hope the shrooms come through for you.  :mushroom2:

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#3439268 - 12/02/04 08:46 PM (12 years, 7 days ago)

You have to look outside of what mushrooms have to offer you in terms of enlightenment. Indeed, mushrooms can be a powerful tool in terms of exploring your inner being, but perhaps instead of looking only within, try using mushrooms to reach out into the world that surrounds you.

To say that you only tried shrooms a few time and that you're already "bored" with the experience... well that nonsense. There are so many places to visit, so many thoughts and emotions to touch on. So many things in general to discover and rediscover. Go into nature or emmerse youself in darkness (with or without music.)

I do have to admit though, I had a similar view on shrooms as you have now. Somehow it feels like the same old place revisited time and time again. But you'll find that it doesn't mean that you can't tear the walls down and build anew.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Offlinedonvliet
beyond reality

#3440896 - 12/03/04 03:58 AM (12 years, 7 days ago)

In my experience a good way to get a profound trip is to wait long enough between trips. And to know what is long enough you have to wait until you forget what tripping was exactly like. Off course you will never totally forget wat is was like, but when you wait long enough you'll reach a point where your past trips aren't really on your mind anymore. After a level 5 that might take a while... maybe a year or more, but only you can judge this.

This seems to work because when past trips are too fresh in your memories they tend to create expectations when you trip now. And expectations will not allow you to go with the trip. They will prevent you from accepting where the trip is guiding you now. Also you'll compare the experiences which has the same result. After a level 5 it isn't a big surprise that you'll compare...

Trust me, waiting long enough does the trick. You'll get there again!

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Been There...Now What? [Re: donvliet]
    #3445992 - 12/04/04 04:07 PM (12 years, 5 days ago)

Yes, I really wish I knew which one of us said it was ok to go into this round we are in now...Sure hope he knew what he was talking about...

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Been There...Now What? [Re: mecreateme]
    #3446036 - 12/04/04 04:20 PM (12 years, 5 days ago)

I know what this is about.

on the way up and down, during an out of your gourd experience, things happen that are really especially nice, hard to remember but extremely memorable (other paradoxes increase at the peak).

one would love to just go and gather some of that fun and pack it into a day when you remain relatively sober.

sadly, sub threashold is usually, but not always, below what you need to get onto the ramp, which is probably where you might want to play. (This includes the blissed out after effect when the bits of self recongeal gently as well as the christmas eye candy or annointed world)

mostly the ramp is closed down if you are not going all the way to the top ( now is that fair??).

but you can go to the top for a lesser time.
and in that way spend a bit longer percentagewise in ramp time.

try 2.5 gms or 2.0 or switch to salvia 10x (a gram of which could be ~50 ramps if smoked).

salvia trips are so short, it is almost all ramp time.
there and back in 10 mins, go again if not satisfied.

OfflinePsilopleix
Extended Symbol

Loc: aridzone1
    #3463200 - 12/08/04 05:50 AM (12 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

MystikMushroom said:
I've been to the edge and back.

If you come upon an edge in your journeys, do not let it scare you! It is merely an illusion, stopping you moving on. Realize that you can walk past this edge, to something greater than your own.

InvisibleLoosifa
none
 User Gallery

Loc: England (South) Flag
    #3463223 - 12/08/04 06:13 AM (12 years, 2 days ago)

This is just the beginning.

--------------------
LURK

OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Loc: Passing through the bulk
Re: Been There...Now What? [Re: Loosifa]
    #3528358 - 12/21/04 05:51 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I guess i've never really encountered beings or had an OOBE or lvl 5 or such, but i've been high/tripped out enough to realize that it's all about everything else. Tripping and drugs are just one part of it. It's all in YOU, the drugs just make YOU do what you normally wouldn't so you can reach a novel place in thought and spirit. This is where all the interesting thoughts come in, and where all the beautiful stuff really comes up.

I guess what i'm saying is after tripping hard i'm realizing that it's all intertwined, and like someone else said, you put into the trip what you want to get out of it. Hope your future trips are blasts!!

And yeah, if you can't get where you want, up your dose, or use an MAOI, but you're better off just eating more of the little buddahs.

--------------------
Will all the big boomers please unveil, please unveil, please unveil.

Offlineheadset
Stranger
    #3529002 - 12/21/04 09:20 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

MystikMushroom said:
words are really a poor way to communicate the ideas that shrooms bring.

This is not always true.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience