Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
Jew Banned from Israel for Supporting Palestinian Rights
    #3434942 - 12/01/04 09:05 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The Scotsman - July 12, 2004

http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=3190330

A Jewish American has been denied entry to Israel because she belongs to a pro-Palestinian group, her lawyer said today.

Jamie Spector, 32, a social worker from San Francisco, arrived in Israel on Saturday to protest the West Bank separation barrier Israel is constructing. She has been held in detention since defying the order to leave, said her lawyer.

The separation barrier was ruled illegal in an advisory opinion on Friday by the International Court of Justice in The Hague, Netherlands. Israel dismissed the non-bonding ruling as one-sided, charging that it encourages terrorism.

Israel says the barrier is needed to keep Palestinian attackers out of the country, but Palestinians call it a land grab because it dips into the West Bank.

Spector was denied entry because of her affiliation with the International Solidarity Movement, a pro-Palestinian group active in the West Bank and Gaza Strip. The group?s members often place themselves in between Palestinians and Israeli forces to prevent the army from carrying out operations.

Tova Ellinson, spokeswoman for the Ministry of the Interior, said officials acted in accordance with a security recommendation. She refused to comment further.

Huwaidi Arraf, an American-born Palestinian and founder of the ISM, said that more than 10 people from the group have been refused entry into Israel in the past month. Two other ISM activists are in the same detention centre as Spector.

Israel charges that the activists defy military orders and endanger themselves and soldiers. Many ISM members have been deported.

However, banning Spector?s entry is different, her lawyer said. ?This is a special case,? she said.

?It is very difficult for Israel to ban Jews from entering the country. It means that the courts will look differently on her.?

With few exceptions, Jews are allowed automatic entry into Israel and are offered citizenship.

?I am very sorry that the Israeli government is denying me entry into the country where I have so many family and friends,? Spector said. ?I am committed to non-violent actions and also to protest the illegal apartheid wall.?
Fax 708-974-3265
Web: www.iap.org - email: iapinfo@iap.org

Proudly Serving Palestine and Al Quds

To Subscribe visit: http://www.iap.org/subscribe.htm

The Islamic Association For Palestine (IAP) is a national grassroots organization serving the American Muslim, Arab and Palestinian communities and dedicated to advancing a just and comprehensive solution to the cause of Palestine.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: Jew Banned from Israel for Supporting Palestinian Rights [Re: zahudulallah]
    #3435609 - 12/01/04 11:49 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

what did the jew say at the football game?

get the quarterback.

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #3436225 - 12/02/04 06:05 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I eagerly await the indignant criticism of this behaviour from our right wing muslim bashing buddies!!!

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
    #3436242 - 12/02/04 06:23 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well at least she won't get runover by a bulldozer...

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Re: Jew Banned from Israel for Supporting Palestinian Rights [Re: st0nedphucker]
    #3436249 - 12/02/04 06:27 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Or shot by a "ricochet" from an Israeli weapon...

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #3436836 - 12/02/04 10:42 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Ever heard of Non-Zionist Hassedic jews. I found it really ironic that there was a couple pictures of them reciting the torahs prayers outside the hospital of Yasser Arafat.

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Re: Jew Banned from Israel for Supporting Palestinian Rights [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #3437091 - 12/02/04 11:39 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I work in an area with a HUGE jewish population.. Also its a verry ritch Jew population right outside hollywood.

I went to a little sub shop near a jewish community center.. When I parked my car theirs this guy standing at the door, just looking around, watching everything and everyone..
I ordered my food and sat down and theirs another guy standing their, watching and doing the same thing. Before I left another guy came and took that mand place....

They were lookouts for something? For all I know its a surprise party. But I like to believe that they were building a bomb inside...

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Jew Banned from Israel for Supporting Palestinian Rights [Re: GabbaDj]
    #3438128 - 12/02/04 03:01 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The International Solidarity Movement is most definately an anti-Israeli organization. They are a bunch of radical leftists who all but outrightly support terrorism. One of their members has allegedly fire an automatic weapon at IDF soldiers, and their offices hvae been found with stockpiles of Ak47s for terrorists, and they have hidden terrorists from groups like Islamic Jihad in their buildings. They maintain contacts and coordinate with Hamas, Islamic Jihad and Fatah whom they descrive as "resistence groups" The ISM does not support Israel's right to exist, nor do they condemn violence against Israelis.

Israel has every reason to bar this man from entry.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Edited by Divided_Sky (12/02/04 04:20 PM)

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Re: Jew Banned from Israel for Supporting Palestinian Rights [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3438184 - 12/02/04 03:11 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

On one hand you talk of unattachment and how all is samsara and maya and on the other you allow your opinions to be predictably formed by preconceived notion and can never see things from both points at once. Out of interest, are you Jewish or do you have any Jewish family?

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Re: Jew Banned from Israel for Supporting Palestinian Rights [Re: GazzBut]
    #3438240 - 12/02/04 03:22 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I practice Buddhism and grew up in an atheist/agnostic scientist household of Anglo Saxon decent. 0% Hebrew. No Jewish family, not many Jewish freinds. All opinions are really games, and I play them perhaps too often. I have opinions and those opinions are informed by the way I reason things, and quite frankly I sympathize with Israelis more than Palestinians and their supporters because Israel makes more sense. If you want to see maya, just look at Palestinian militants who believe killing Israeli civilians is somehow making life better for them and future generations when the results of their actions are misery and destruction.

And any way, how is my opinion any more preconcieved than say a person who supports the ISM believing Israel is an evil colonial apartheid state bent on ethnic cleansing and the Palestinian "resistence" is justified and moral? I like to believe that my opinions are based purely on my own reasoning, but it is pretty obvious that we all take sides and predictable positions. I would not be the first.

I also dislike the ISM because I have met some of it's members and thought they were raving loonies with no sense of balance or rationality.

--------------------

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

#3438248 - 12/02/04 03:24 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Divided_Sky said:
The International Solidarity Movement is most definately an anti-Israeli organization. They are a bunch of radical leftists who all but outrightly support terrorism. One of their members has actually been caught firing an automatic weapon at IDF soldiers, and their offices hvae been found with stockpiles of Ak47s for terrorists, and they have hidden terrorists from groups like Islamic Jihad in their buildings. They maintain contacts and coordinate with Hamas, Islamic Jihad and Fatah whom they descrive as "resistence groups" The ISM does not support Israel's right to exist, nor do they condemn violence against Israelis.

Israel has every reason to bar this man from entry.

Sources, please.

--------------------

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#3438265 - 12/02/04 03:27 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

so they should just bite the bullet and give up everything they had to the jews, who had also stolen their land long before?

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

#3438396 - 12/02/04 03:56 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

This essay documents the ISMs views on the right of Israel to exist, their support of armed conflict and their support to terrorists like Shadi Sukiya.
http://home.comcast.net/~jat.action/ISM_essay.htm
A similar article documents in more detail the weapons cache found in the ISM headquarters when it was searched for Sukiya.
http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=7361

I retract my statement about ISM members firing guns at the IDF. Although it has been alleged there is no conclusive proof that Tom Hurndal was or was not armed. That is a matter of whether you believe the ISM or the IDF.

--------------------

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Re: Jew Banned from Israel for Supporting Palestinian Rights [Re: vampirism]
    #3438456 - 12/02/04 04:07 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Morrowind said:
so they should just bite the bullet and give up everything they had to the jews, who had also stolen their land long before?

The Jews did not steal their land. British Mandate Palestine was divided about 80% to Jordan, and of the remainder half to the Jews and half to the Arabs. That means of all of Palestine Israel got about 10%.
Facts will also show that the people who claim to be 'native Palestinians' were almost entirely immigrants who arrived at the same time the Jews did, between 1932 and 1948. When the first Zionists arrived there were 500,000 people living there, mostly Bedouins and Meditaranian farmers. Between 1932 and 1948 700,000 Arabs from neighboring countries moved into the area. These are the people whose land was 'stolen', yet they never lived there in the first place.

After two defensive wars in which Arab countries declared they would bathe Palestine in the blood of the Jews and continue what Hitler started Israel took the West Bank, Gaza and the Sinai Penninsula. The West Bank had first been occupied by Bedouins, then Jews, then after 1948 the Jews were driven out, and for 20 years arabs lived there under Jordan until Israel took the land.

Israel offered to give back the West Bank to Jordan and Gaza to Egypt in 1978. Do you know what they said? No. Egypt didn't want the responsibility of Gaza because it was a slum, and Jordan was in the midst of the Black September campain against Palestinian Arabs in their own country and did not want The West Bank back. The Eyptians took the Sinai though. So now Israel has both these territories, and the majority of Israelis wish they could give them up, but simply canno trust the Palestinian leadership which has been entrenched in terrorism.

If you read some HISTORY it would be plain as day that Israel did not 'steal' Palestinian land.

--------------------

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#3438487 - 12/02/04 04:12 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

If you want to see maya, just look at Palestinian militants 

Oh so maya is a negative "thing" is it? Palestinian militants are an example of maya...so what are the noble jews? something that transcends maya? back to your buddhism for dummies!!  :grin:

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Re: Jew Banned from Israel for Supporting Palestinian Rights [Re: GazzBut]
    #3438524 - 12/02/04 04:18 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Anybody involved in violence is caught in self-grasping delusion. That does not put Israelis off the hook. However many Palestinians are addicted to violence beyond all common sense to the point of self-destruction which makes their situation more tragic. When I say 'maya' I mean the addiction to self-grasping delusions, attachment and self-inflictive behavior inate in all ordinary beings.

And you should be aware, I am not claiming an official Buddhist position on the issue. This is my opinion. Buddhism is against all violence, however how that is achieved pragmatically has been in debate for a long time. It would be wrong of me to endorse any particular political cause in the name of Buddhism, as would it be hypocritical.

--------------------

Edited by Divided_Sky (12/02/04 04:29 PM)

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

#3438555 - 12/02/04 04:23 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

"This is my home land" said the fair skinned Jew with the British accent.

Scientifically if Jews did not steal any land, they wouldn't be fair skinned. Brown skinned Arab people naturally evolved in the Middle East, not fair skinned people.

Notice Israel is surrounded by Arab countries. Obviously something had to be stolen.

Science doesn't lie. You can throw political spins all you want, the fact remains there is a nation of fair skinned people in a land where only brown skinned people evolve. Fair skinned people don't naturally occur and evolve in the climate that is Israel.

--------------------

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

#3438561 - 12/02/04 04:25 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Where do you think Jews came from?

--------------------

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

#3438619 - 12/02/04 04:38 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Europe, Russia.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #3438951 - 12/02/04 05:42 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

zahudulallah said:
Europe, Russia.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

You're priceless, Zahudalalaland.  Never change.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order