Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Acorus Calamus
    #3430271 - 11/30/04 10:14 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I'm expecting to recive some Acorus Calamus roots (whole, roughly 4 in sections) within the next couple of days. Does anybody have any expiriance, any advice?

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLifenergy
Yo Mama

Re: Acorus Calamus [Re: gdman]
    #3430321 - 11/30/04 10:25 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, don't use them. They make me sick. The taste, texture, everything. I really don't know of a good way to use them. Proceed with caution.

--------------------
Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.

Offlinebmarley3434
wildwalker
Male User Gallery

Loc: nj
Re: Acorus Calamus [Re: Lifenergy]
    #3433586 - 12/01/04 04:01 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

9 out of 10 reports is people yacking their brains out all night.. i was considering it as i think i have an iron stomache and dont mind puking for enlightenment.. but the cases ive read on erowid 9 out of 10 times is puking every 20 minutes all night.. if you go for it let us know how it turns out

--------------------
www.returntonature.us - wild foods blog

OM

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Re: Acorus Calamus [Re: bmarley3434]
    #3433667 - 12/01/04 04:22 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Well, it is used to both stimualte gastirc juices, people who just eat huge amounts will over stimulate their stomach and will porbbaly puke, I have read that you have to take it slow. That's good advice for most all of our plant allies, take get to know it, build a relationship. When I do try it, I'll write up a little report.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#3433674 - 12/01/04 04:22 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleLifenergy
Yo Mama

#3433758 - 12/01/04 04:40 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Good report. I have read that before. I always used small amounts because of what I had heard. I just couldn't get past the taste and texture. I enjoy the company of many allies, and I even grow sweet flag beside my backyard pond, and like it as an addition to my plants, but its ingestion is not for me. I hope you can bond with it better than I have been able to. Good luck. Let us know.

--------------------
Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
    #3434052 - 12/01/04 05:40 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I don't know how I missed that one when I was going through the reports. The main reason why I never really pursued it that much was because of the carcinogenic allegations.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#3434116 - 12/01/04 05:59 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I did it and it gave me a floaty buzz and a goddamn headache that lasted me all into the next morning and I took the root at 4:00 PM

After that I never took that shit again. It has a very strong taste which is somewhere between mintiness and something nasty. Blech, discusting.

Calimus used to be used (I read this somewhere) for dental hygene, going long distances or tripping.

--------------------
Agent 727

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #3434465 - 12/01/04 07:27 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I've got some planted outside my house, I have yet to dig any of it up. Any time I've done it before i got nauseated.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#3437135 - 12/02/04 11:47 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I ma chewing a 2 inch section, let me say, this stuff has a STRONG flavor, very "hot" like ginger and a little sour, the texture is not that plesent ether, lets just say, if handed a pice off root, not knowing what it was, you would instantly be able to tell the enviorment in which it was grown... but it could be lot worse I guess.

--------------------

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#3437188 - 12/02/04 11:59 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

sort of reminds me or an... orange peeel? bitter yet sour.

--------------------

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

#3437859 - 12/02/04 02:12 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

well how was the experience itself?

--------------------

Without love in the dream
It will never come true

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Re: Acorus Calamus [Re: Hooty]
    #3437884 - 12/02/04 02:17 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

a little stimulating, I only had a small bit of root, I'm going to take it slow with this one.

--------------------

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

#3437908 - 12/02/04 02:21 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I was hoping for you to be writing like Walt Whitman by now :grin:

--------------------

Without love in the dream
It will never come true

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#3437936 - 12/02/04 02:26 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Nothing to really report, except the taste and the stimulation not really expecting too much in a psycotropic sense, I'm interested in the medicinal usegae mostly, but a little psycoactivity never hurt anyone :grin:. I'm taking it slow with this one.

--------------------

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#3437942 - 12/02/04 02:28 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I bought four ounces of the stuff  :crazy:, so I'll have plenty to work with for a while.

--------------------

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#3437952 - 12/02/04 02:29 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I also bought 50 HBWR seeds, so be on the look out for my report on that... as soon as I'm done with this damm paper which I should be writing right now, I'll check those out.

--------------------

Offlinethe man
still masked
Other User Gallery

Loc: C A N A D A
    #3439101 - 12/02/04 06:13 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

yea calamus is good. it can help cure hangovers. i chewed it a few times when natives gave me 2 inches. almost perfumy taste not really unpleasant. relaxign stimulation is the best i can describe it.

peace

--------------------
And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

Offlineergot
MydriasicVisionary
    #3442277 - 12/03/04 01:05 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

gdman said:
I also bought 50 HBWR seeds, so be on the look out for my report on that... as soon as I'm done with this damm paper which I should be writing right now, I'll check those out.

I'm pretty stoked to hear about your experience(s) with HBWR. When do you think you'll roll that one out?

--------------------
"Remain a learner, never become a knower." - Osho

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Re: Acorus Calamus [Re: ergot]
    #3442299 - 12/03/04 01:16 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

As soon as my dog eats them, he has alot of work to do right now, hopefully soon.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies