Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMystical_Craven
mentally illpsychonaught

Loc: Earth
reasons need to be given when a person gets banned
    #3433114 - 12/01/04 02:26 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

how are people supposed to stop doing whatever it is that gets em banned in the first place if they don't know why they were even banned to begin with  :what:

punishment without explaination reeks of gestapo tactics if you ask me  :tongue:

--------------------

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go..." T.S. Eliot

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: reasons need to be given when a person gets banned [Re: Mystical_Craven]
    #3433116 - 12/01/04 02:27 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Who has been banned without an explanation?

InvisibleMystical_Craven
mentally illpsychonaught

Re: reasons need to be given when a person gets banned [Re: Mystical_Craven]
    #3433118 - 12/01/04 02:28 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

not that I myself have been banned unfairly recently, or anything else like that...just a little trend I've noticed

I just think it would be nice if people actually were aware of what exactly they did wrong to warrent retrobution...that's all  :geordinod:

--------------------

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go..." T.S. Eliot

InvisibleMystical_Craven
mentally illpsychonaught

Re: reasons need to be given when a person gets banned [Re: Anno]
    #3433123 - 12/01/04 02:29 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Muppet

--------------------

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3433128 - 12/01/04 02:30 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Every user that is banned gets an email with the reason for the ban, and the ban duration. What else can we do, Muppet?

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #3433292 - 12/01/04 02:59 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Anno said:
Every user that is banned gets an email with the reason for the ban, and the ban duration. What else can we do, Muppet?

BZZZZZZZZ. Wrongo Anno.

I was banned and received no e-mail. (and before you ask.... the e-mail addy is correct)

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Edited by luvdemshrooms (12/01/04 03:00 PM)

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: reasons need to be given when a person gets banned [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #3433335 - 12/01/04 03:05 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Can I test ban you for 1 minute and you go check your email and tell me if you got one?
Perhaps there is a problem with the email notification.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #3433403 - 12/01/04 03:22 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Do you not get the ban message when you try to log in as a banned user?  With older versions of the software, the ban message would display upon attempted login, even if you entered an incorrect password... I know 'cause I used to use the 'feature' to see why people were getting banned before I was an admin.  :grin:

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: reasons need to be given when a person gets banned [Re: Seuss]
    #3433419 - 12/01/04 03:26 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

No ban message in 6.5 on login, no....
Just that you are banned, and the ban duration.
We could modify it to show the ban message though.

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #3433762 - 12/01/04 04:40 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

that would be nice....

the one time i was banned (inappropriatly) i had no idea what the hell had happened.

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3433799 - 12/01/04 04:47 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I banned a test username and the email messge containing the ban reason IS BEING sent out.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#3434408 - 12/01/04 07:15 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Maybe it IS BEING, yet I was banned and received no notification.

Do the records not show a ban? If it's shown is there a record of an e-mail notification? It was a mod ban if that helps.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #3434892 - 12/01/04 08:52 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I swear to GOD I wrote you a nice explination letter Luvdem. With... like... quotes 'n stuff. You gotta' believe me man, you just gotta'!

Edit: I just looked back, it doesn't seem to show any record of the message I typed (We are asked to type one), but since then, there are better records being kept. I know, I at least explained the reason, and linked to the offending thread. Sorry I can't resend what I wrote... I thought you got it... ah well... water under the bridge... for me at least.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Edited by Rose (12/01/04 09:02 PM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: reasons need to be given when a person gets banned [Re: Rose]
    #3436052 - 12/02/04 03:09 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Right. I can imagine how it went......

Nah nah nyah nyah na..... I'm a mod and even though you're right.... I'm gonna ban you anyway just to shut you up. So there poopy head!

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#3436053 - 12/02/04 03:10 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Right. I can imagine how it went......

Nah nah nyah nyah na..... I'm a mod and even though you're right.... I'm gonna ban you anyway just to shut you up. So there poopy head!

Water under the bridge? It always was but as mods go.... you suck.

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#3437452 - 12/02/04 12:52 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, it was flaming like that, which lost you 24 hours of Shroomey time :frown:... poor guy. Telling someone they suck (Other than Mr. You_Suck himself) in PA&L is a banable offense. Especially when you have been repeatedly warned and it is election season. Telling a Mod they suck, in a forum which bans flamers, is playing with fire.

Yeah it is cheap, but it is the standard of the forum (Ask Pinky... I see who he bans, and why he makes his bans. I simply follow his lead.) Also, it felt pretty good to send you away for a day... You were my first... you popped my cherry!

Sorry, I didn't think you wanted to talk about your ban, so out of respect, I never said anything in public until this thread. I was only trying to protect your reputation.

This conversation sounds familiar. Didn't we have it before, like the day I banned you? http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3251335/page//fpart/all/vc/1

But like I said, what's done is done... water under the bridge... for me at least. Sorry you didn't get the e-mail. I hope this post makes up for it.

p.s. Nice double post.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#3437608 - 12/02/04 01:20 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Sure it was. Sure.

But that's OK. You sucked then, you suck still.

--------------------

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3437624 - 12/02/04 01:23 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Some poeple just don't get it....
You earned yourself a 3 day ban.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#3437863 - 12/02/04 02:13 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

And you are a slow learner...

Thank God I have a thick hide... and the rules of PA&L are more strict than my feelings.

Anyway, a word to the wise, you shouldn't keep doing the thing that got you banned. That always ends badly.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleJettaJay
PsychedelicStranger
 User Gallery

#3438134 - 12/02/04 03:02 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I don't understnad how someone can get banned for speaking thier opinions. Anno was not very cool the other day when I was trying to figure something out for a fellow shroomerite. I said he/she ( sorry don't know if you are male or female) was mean and I didn't get banned. I guess telling someone they are mean is different than saying they suck. I don't think Anno sucks and I have been warned that Anno can be short at times and maybe I took it wrong but thats the kinda guy I am. Oh well I am not banned and am glad I'm not !!!

--------------------
I saw a little green light buzzing around in a tree, and it dawned on me that "they" were here
~~~LouiseLouise

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds