Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
PCing Spawn bags
    #3437263 - 12/02/04 12:19 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Never used on of these in PC ...
When using one of the large autoclavable bags with microporous patch and self healing injector site ...
Should I wrap it in some cloth ?
Do I have to worry about it touching sides of the cooker and melting to it?
Is it okay if it sits in the water , or should I rest it on top of some jars ?
Do I need to worry about it expanding and popping open (this happened once in an AC)?
Thanx in advance for any input .
Trip n D

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinespliffmasta
Fuzzy thumb
Loc: Casing layer of hell
Re: PCing Spawn bags [Re: tripndicular]
    #3437272 - 12/02/04 12:21 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I've never used the real high quality ones, I've only used the reynold's bags and those were safe to touch the sides, but not the bottom, I put a towel in the bottom and they were all fine. I imagine those nice ones will be much better.

Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Loc: dx/dt
    #3437273 - 12/02/04 12:21 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Should I wrap it in some cloth ? No

Do I have to worry about it touching sides of the cooker and melting to it?
no

Is it okay if it sits in the water , or should I rest it on top of some jars ?
it is okay.
Do I need to worry about it expanding and popping open (this happened once in an AC)?
It depends if you bought presealable bags or not. Presealable bags will be fine.

--------------------
better living through chemistry

OVERGROW the government!!

it's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, ok, thats what it is.

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #3437298 - 12/02/04 12:27 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Depends on your PC & if it has a grate in the bottom. Just to be safe, suggest you place an old towel in PC & wrap bag in it. That keeps it off the PC walls. I towel wrap in an AA PC & never had a spawn bag melt. If it has a filter patch, it should not expand so much it will burst.

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

Re: PCing Spawn bags [Re: derx]
    #3437307 - 12/02/04 12:29 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

No I did not buy the pre sealed ones . I figured I would just double or triple fold the top and clamp shut . I plan on agar inoc or G2G inoc . I bought them way back when , when I was interested in using syringe inoc method , needless to say since I was unsatisfied with that method I am sticking with what I learned from the start . I hate the syringe method , but have 7 bags left and do not want to waste them .

Basically though you say just fill and go , no need to worry about it melting .
By the way my PC has the canning tray that sits in the bottom , so I know I am coverd for the bottom .
Again thanx for the speedy input , I want to get this sucker cookin in the next hour or so .
Trip n D

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3437330 - 12/02/04 12:33 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

If they are not pre/sealed....no sweat. Double fold top, use towel around sides, to be safe. G2G after they cool, seal & they will colonize like crazy. If they are BIG BAGS, raise PC time a bit, over normal.

--------------------

Offlinespliffmasta
Fuzzy thumb
Loc: Casing layer of hell
Re: PCing Spawn bags [Re: agar]
    #3437344 - 12/02/04 12:35 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

agar, what bags do you use? You bag pro you  :thumbup:

Invisibletripndicular

#3437352 - 12/02/04 12:36 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

agar said:
Depends on your PC & if it has a grate in the bottom. Just to be safe, suggest you place an old towel in PC & wrap bag in it. That keeps it off the PC walls. I towel wrap in an AA PC & never had a spawn bag melt. If it has a filter patch, it should not expand so much it will burst.

23 Qt Presto with gauge , weight , and yes has the canning tray in it .

Like I said I had one pop open in an AC(I assumed same abot patch breathing enough) , granted I only taped it closed but none the less it popped open and made one hell of a mess in the AC , grain was still good , went with the flow and inoced it anyways , all went well considering the goof . I need one of those seal a meal machines ... maybe Santa will bring me one  :wink:

Thanx agar

--------------------

Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Loc: dx/dt
    #3437367 - 12/02/04 12:39 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Ya just fold it and you'll be fine. I've never had a spawn bag melt on me. My friend did using my AA but im positive he's a dumbfuck and let it run dry.

--------------------
better living through chemistry

OVERGROW the government!!

it's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, ok, thats what it is.

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: PCing Spawn bags [Re: spliffmasta]
    #3437404 - 12/02/04 12:45 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Unicorn Bags click here . You have to order by the 1000 & be prepared to BS Lou & tell him you doing edibles.

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

#3437430 - 12/02/04 12:49 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

agar said:
If they are not pre/sealed....no sweat. Double fold top, use towel around sides, to be safe. G2G after they cool, seal & they will colonize like crazy. If they are BIG BAGS, raise PC time a bit, over normal.

I planned on an hour and a half , seems to be as far as I can go with how much water I can put in the PC(manufactuer specs, has a fill line in it yadda yadda ... ) , normally do all my grains for min of 1 hr (half pint to qt jars )

I hope this idea of mine doing a three inch layer of nothing but colonized grain, cased works good. Has done well up to 1 inch layer ....

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

#3437446 - 12/02/04 12:52 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

agar said:
Unicorn Bags click here . You have to order by the 1000 & be prepared to BS Lou & tell him you doing edibles.

I am using the ones from Spore Works , looks like the middle sized one you showed pic of . Just for the curious Joes checking out this post . Did not have to buy them by the 1000's though , probably a better price that way .

--------------------

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3437750 - 12/02/04 01:49 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Trip,

If you are using big ass autoclave bags - full of WBS or grain.

Raise grate slightly, add a tad more water & run it to 2 hours. If you can do so safely.

I do all big bags, 2 hours & never a problem. 90 minutes & once or twice, they did contam (might have been in the G2G stage - but don't know).

Rather than straight grain substrate. Suggest if you have some aged leached chopped up horse manure around (?). PC grain bags, innoc, let colonize. When it is colonized, wrap (10% by volume - to grain) aged horse manure, in tin foil, PC 60, let cool & mix into trays - with colonized grain.

From bag to tray, you have to crumble a bit. To get it in the tray - right. So, it has to mend back togather - anyway. Adding a PC'ed bit-o-horse-manure at that stage, adds a lot of N & doesnt slow anything - more than a day.

IMHO -- You will get bigger - better everything.

--------------------

OfflineTriptofan
Stranger
 User Gallery

#3437803 - 12/02/04 01:59 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I just PC'd two mycobags with popcorn, 4 days ago. Didn't use anything on the bottom of the PC. Pressure cooked for 1 hour. Used jute twine to tie the top of the bag. I shoulda bought the med. bags.

Invisibletripndicular

#3437806 - 12/02/04 02:00 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

You think it would be okay to add more water than the manufacturer says ?
How would you suggest I raise the tray ? Do not mean to sound dumb here , just kinds mind frazzeled ..... just heard from an old friend  :wink:

No horse dung easily available , I am so citified it is sickening , my worm poop guy is now using fungicide in his mix the bastard , so as of late have been just casing grains , been happy , but want more if you know what I mean .
Was gonna try timothy hey and grain mix as a sub , but most claim the green in the hay will cause me troubles , have one small tray in the process as a trial to see if it will work for me .

Stop giving me an excuse to buy the wife a horse for Xmas ! :crazy2:

--------------------

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3437881 - 12/02/04 02:15 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Use a couple shot glasses (or simular)to raise grate. Either on side, or upright.

Well, if ya have no horse manure, you don't(sadly).

All cities have horse stables - somewhere.
Almost all have a ZOO. ZOO DOO is good stuff.

--------------------

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3438066 - 12/02/04 02:50 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

LOL..... on the fly

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

#3438394 - 12/02/04 03:56 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

That is some serious shit there ...... :rolleyes:
Can you imagine the flush that sucker would give ya ? :cool: :wink:
Hey .... my neighbor has en elephant ( :blush:oooppppssss that is his wife :rolleyes: ), maybe he would let inoc his pile of crap .
The zoo here where I live recycles all their dung :confused: , I asked a buddy who works there , he says they sell it ..... goes to show you nothing in life is free , not even shit ! :wink:
I need to get over a fear also about dung ...... cooking it in my kitchen ....just gives me the willys , I know and trust ya on the use of dungs , but have my hang ups about it , need to get counseling to get over it .

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #3438834 - 12/02/04 05:20 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

agar said:
From bag to tray, you have to crumble a bit. To get it in the tray - right. So, it has to mend back togather - anyway. Adding a PC'ed bit-o-horse-manure at that stage, adds a lot of N & doesnt slow anything - more than a day.

I would sometimes crumble it, lay it flat like a pillow and make a slit down
the lenght and one at the top and bottom, add the poo and toss it into the
humidity tent to fruit... it saves digging out the tray, but then I'm lazy like that

Quote:

tripndicular said:
I need to get over a fear also about dung ...... cooking it in my kitchen ....just gives me the willys

its really not bad unless you allow it to burn, I made that mistake while
pastuerizing once... I wont do it again, it didnt have a poop smell but it
was definately one that will make you gag...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates