Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
The Idea of Physical Death is just another Negative Thought
    #3433989 - 12/01/04 05:28 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

This is the self-healing; think-your-way-to-health ideal carried out to its fullest expression.

Unsurprisingly (to me), the authors of books such as "The Common Sense of Physical Immortality" ~ Leonard Orr, and "Ageless Body; Timeless Mind" ~ Deepak Chopra, look every bit their age and I will wager they will not even make 95 years.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: The Idea of Physical Death is just another Negative Thought [Re: Swami]
    #3434083 - 12/01/04 05:49 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Hogwash

It depends on how a person views death.

Death for me is a positive thing and for many other.

Still the idea can still be somewhat scary sometimes.

The Body dies and that is a guaranteed fact

Whether it is Negative or not is up to the individual.

I think the authors of that book are assuming far to much about there readers.

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3434094 - 12/01/04 05:53 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Out of curiousity, did either of these guys say that death was a negative to think about?

Being positive about longevity potential doesn't neccesarily mean the "thought" of death is a negative or has to be or that either of them are implying it.

Some people see death itself as a transitioning of energy, even if its just a dead body becoming food for worms.

Just curious what either of them said to make you think that.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
    #3434253 - 12/01/04 06:37 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

"This is the self-healing, think your way to health ideal carried out to it's fullest expression."

Would the self-loathing, abuse your way to illness through alcohol, tobacco or other means leading to an early death have been the better approach?

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: The Idea of Physical Death is just another Negative Thought [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #3434690 - 12/01/04 08:12 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Being close to one's death is a POSITIVE thought. Death is the only constant in your life...it adds meaning to life.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: The Idea of Physical Death is just another Negative Thought [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3434825 - 12/01/04 08:37 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
Being close to one's death is a POSITIVE thought. Death is the only constant in your life...it adds meaning to life.

No, there are two constants in life

Death and God

--------------------

Offlinebmarley3434
wildwalker
Male User Gallery

Loc: nj
Re: The Idea of Physical Death is just another Negative Thought [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3434977 - 12/01/04 09:12 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

we must replace the word death with born.. and then people even psychologically would be able to come to better terms.. tons of people have dreams and communicate with their dead relatives.. to me that is really communicating with them.. but since we view it as a loss. we see it as some sort of psychological tweak. but then theres the aspect that there are still problems if you believe death is living. because you have the south american indians slaughtering each other like its no big deal. and you also have things like kamakazi fighters and corruption like you will get 20 virgins if you sacrafice for your ruler or some shit

--------------------
www.returntonature.us - wild foods blog

OM

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: The Idea of Physical Death is just another Negative Thought [Re: bmarley3434]
    #3434986 - 12/01/04 09:14 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

You must first experience Death to be reborn

--------------------

Offlinebmarley3434
wildwalker
Male User Gallery

Loc: nj
Re: The Idea of Physical Death is just another Negative Thought [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3435046 - 12/01/04 09:24 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

yea the shamanic death is just as real as dying.. i believe that this is how you are able to get up and "walk around" in those dimensions that you become aware of on a good trip or in an out of body experience. and every shaman learns his power by dying.. which is symbolic for complete loss of self and ego . the belief that you are your physical body is how we anchor ourselves to this but with the right push were able to get a chance to slip out

--------------------
www.returntonature.us - wild foods blog

OM

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: The Idea of Physical Death is just another Negative Thought [Re: bmarley3434]
    #3435162 - 12/01/04 09:43 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I think that once people accept death as part of life, they won't be trying so hard to extend their lives.  I mean, yes, if there's a chance to extend your life, by all means take it.  But don't put so much emphasis on it as if once we die, we're dead.

My belief is that we continue on, spiritually, after we are physically dead.  If this is true, then it doesn't matter, this physical death. 

Of course, I have no proof.  :grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: The Idea of Physical Death is just another Negative Thought [Re: Frog]
    #3435263 - 12/01/04 10:07 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Are you a Jesus lover or are you not?

I have thought that you were a Christian

Guess I was wrong

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#3435425 - 12/01/04 11:05 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Are you talking to me?  Of course I'm a Jesus lover.  :grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3435496 - 12/01/04 11:21 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Frog said:
I think that once people accept death as part of life, they won't be trying so hard to extend their lives.  I mean, yes, if there's a chance to extend your life, by all means take it.  But don't put so much emphasis on it as if once we die, we're dead.

My belief is that we continue on, spiritually, after we are physically dead.  If this is true, then it doesn't matter, this physical death. 

Of course, I have no proof.  :grin:

So please explaine all this?

Jesus makes all this perfectly clear

Why is any of this a point of confusion for you?

Your realationship with Jesus and your faith should have cleared this up long ago?

Yes....... No?

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#3435531 - 12/01/04 11:30 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I don't know why you are asking me to explain what I said.

"I think that once people accept death as part of life, they won't be trying so hard to extend their lives. I mean, yes, if there's a chance to extend your life, by all means take it. But don't put so much emphasis on it as if once we die, we're dead."

By that, I meant that when our physical bodies die, those physical bodies are dead. Our spirits live on.

"My belief is that we continue on, spiritually, after we are physically dead. If this is true, then it doesn't matter, this physical death."

When we die, do we die with our physical bodies? No. If you don't believe in reincarnation, then you have to at least believe, if you are a Christian, that our "souls" go to heaven after our souls leave our physical bodies, after death of our physical bodies.

If you believe in reincarnation, which is mentioned in the bible, then you have to believe that there is a possibility that after our physical death, our souls could come back in a new physical body to take up, basically speaking, where we left off.

If either theory is true, then you have to believe that physical death doesn't really matter. "Life" continues on, in the spirit form, and possibly translated into a new physical being.

Am I missing something???

--------------------

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3435576 - 12/01/04 11:42 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I guess you would have to site scriptures for me on the one about reincarnation???

And I don't take anything Jesus said as a theory.

I take his word as his word

But yes physical death is nothing to fear or worry about. And The bible does not give a accurate Picture of what life with God is like after death. So I do wonder what to expect.

I just was wondering why I sense confusion in your words. Perhaps I am mistaken, Forgive me

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#3435606 - 12/01/04 11:48 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

That was very nice.  Very diplomatic.  Thank you.

I don't know why you sense confusion.  I don't mind if you want to rip my words apart.  Just be careful how ya do it, ya know?  :grin:

Serious question:  How can you take Jesus word as his word?  The bible was translated so many times.  There are many interpretations.  There are some basic truths, but there are things written in the bible that are misinterpreted. 

So, let's assume that we Christians who post here start from the same basic premise...that we love God. 

As long as we're not making some outlandish comments like "God is coming for me in a space ship", can we allow each other latitude in our beliefs?

Now, as to reincarnation, I used to not believe in that.  That was considered a sinful belief according to my family.  However, I have since read Edgar Casey (sp?), and he sited passages in the bible to support the idea of reincarnation, and it makes sense to me.

However, I don't believe that if I am wrong in whether or not we are reincarnated, that I am going to hell.  See, according to the bible, and based on my interpretation, all we have to do is believe that Jesus died for our sins.  Well, I believe that.  In the meantime, let's have fun!

(Oh, and I'm not breaking any of the 10 commandments, except for sleeping with my bf, but I plan on remedying that real soon.  :grin: )

--------------------

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3435669 - 12/02/04 12:07 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I have several translations of the bible. I have read them all.

I really on Jesus and his holy spirit to answer the questions of what to make of such things.

You are correct that man has changed many things in the bible. That is why I completely rely on my prayer life to guide me. A serious prayer life is the ONLY way to know God.

Without it a person is lost to the sensitive voice of God.

So when I am struggling with something I read I take to God in prayer

I can tell you that most of the bible is the words of God.

The fact that you have found reincarnation in the words of a man is not very comforting to me. and it goes completely against everything Jesus taught

So I will say that I can not buy that.

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#3435709 - 12/02/04 12:19 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I can't do it tonight, because I am not at my usual computer.  I am spending the night at my ex's house, using his computer.  :grin:

When I get back to my usual computer, I will go to my favorite links and show you what I found.  I will do this not to convince you that I am right and you are wrong, but to show you why I have come to believe what I believe.

And again, I don't think that if I end up being wrong, that I am going to hell.  I also don't think that YOU are going to hell, if I end up being right.

But, however, I would like to place a wager.  What do you think spiritual beings wager with in heaven???

I'll bet you whatever is considered fantastical in heaven that I am right.  We'll let God decide what is "fantastical" when we get there, k?  :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #3435719 - 12/02/04 12:21 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

How does reincarnation go against what Jesus taught?

(I'll open up a seperate thread for this- I don't want to derail Swami's topic).

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3435732 - 12/02/04 12:24 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I will check out your info.

I can not say what will happen to you when you see God after death. I do not have God eyes to see into your closet. Only God can do that.

Goodnight Frog Time for sleep

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom