Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada Flag
Re: Who is your God? [Re: CherryBom]
    #3437126 - 12/02/04 11:44 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

You know Bom, as i am new to all of this, maybe the best place to seek real answers to your questions would be by picking up a copy of the new testament and you decide what it means, i am really in no position to say right now  :tongue:

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Who is your God? [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #3437164 - 12/02/04 11:54 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

god?

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
    #3437171 - 12/02/04 11:56 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I see.  I don't mean to bombard you, but my real curiousity lies in the individual.  I know what I beleive, but I want to know why others think differently.

I want to know about the perpective that different people bring into the same concept.  I want to know how you know you are so right in this.  By 'you' I don't mean you, Freak, I mean it generally.

I think I'm getting to worked up with all this talk, it's time for some downtime.  :heart:

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: Who is your God? [Re: Gomp]
    #3437179 - 12/02/04 11:57 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Who's your daddy? :pimpin:

That must be why god spelled backwards is dog- dawg pimpin style.

I do beleive I have been blasphemous in this thread a couple of times now. What will be my punishment?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Re: Who is your God? [Re: Gomp]
    #3437197 - 12/02/04 12:01 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Gomp said:
god?

That's what i meant Gomp, reading the bible and seeing what God's answers to these(your's, anyone's)questions :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #3437202 - 12/02/04 12:03 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

My own tripping experiences have shown me things that suggest heaven, hell, and reincarnation all exist on some level, but they are only a miniscule piece of the puzzle, and neither ideology is grasping anywhere near the full extent of it. Similarly, I think all religions are grasping only a tiny portion of the truth, and that the reality is so much more complex and profound than they could ever imagine. I've experienced something like Buddhist Nirvana, as well as feeling saved by Christ and seeing both heaven and hell. The two experiences don't strike me as contradictory--merely tiny pieces of a much greater puzzle. I don't know how many pieces there are to this puzzle, but as Maynard James Keenan so eloquently put it, "I know the pieces fit."

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

#3437213 - 12/02/04 12:06 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

FreakQlibrium said:
That's what i meant Gomp, reading the bible and seeing what God's answers to these(your's, anyone's)questions :smile:

But they aren't 'gods' answers.  They are an edited version of the old testament which was also written by man.

--------------------

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

#3437222 - 12/02/04 12:08 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Okay thanks for the clarification :smile: The reason I have come to believe in the bible was because that period back in 1974 when God showed me(an atheist at the time) Both Heaven and Hell(how could i have really so fooolish to think that the other guy could have shown me heaven or that he WOULD have shown me hell and walk out alive, doh on me! lol)was the most real experience of my life.

I tried for years immersing myself in eastern philosophy religion(upanisahds, vedanta etc) but i was never able to reconcile my experience with any of it and in a state of totally giving up(not depresion type giving up but more like intellectual exhaustion combined with my current super stressful life circumstances :frown: ) i turned to God and asked for HIS take on it, it wasn't like he was scolding me for waiting 30 years to ask as being God, he KNEW it would take me that long to get it through my thick skull that he was/is the only one to explain things to me

--------------------

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

#3437246 - 12/02/04 12:16 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I have yet to even look at the old testament but my understanding is that Jesus had to have filled/fufilled something like 300 conditions as prophesised in the old testement to prove he really was the Messiah. Just my knowing that(i think i read that in Hal Linday's book: The late great planet earth)As i am not much of a history freak i'm willing to accept that for now, eventually i might go and look in the OT myself, but nah i doubt it :grin:

For me it's a lot more important right now that i continue to let God into my life(reading the bible, prayer) and have him tell me what things he sees in me that displease him so that i can eliminate them :smile:

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #3437360 - 12/02/04 12:37 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

FreakQlibrium said:

See, it is not my job to convert people or preach the word. But maybe it is your job!

But didn't Jesus say something along the lines of:"They that deny(do not acknowledge)me publicly, so will I deny knowing them on judgement day?"

I'm a recent convert so i don't really know exact quotes and the places in the bible from whence they originated :frown:

Oh, no, I talk about God all the time.  I was just in court this morning and told my clients that I believe in God and there's a reason for everything.

What I meant was that I am not here to convert people.  There are people that are here to actively convert people.  My job is to be an attorney.  But I always share about God in my life and how He works in my life.  I am not an evangelist, but I have no problem giving thanks and power to God.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: Who is your God? [Re: Frog]
    #3437392 - 12/02/04 12:43 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

In definition you are in fact a Evangelist.

Your life is a example of God working thru you. When you speak of Godly things or answer questions you are in fact a messenger of God and his ways.

The only difference between you and a " Evangelist" Is you don't ask for money to teach about god.

But with every post in here you are teaching

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Re: Who is your God? [Re: Frog]
    #3437431 - 12/02/04 12:49 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Frog said:
Quote:

FreakQlibrium said:

See, it is not my job to convert people or preach the word. But maybe it is your job!

Oh, no, I talk about God all the time.  I was just in court this morning and told my clients that I believe in God and there's a reason for everything.

What I meant was that I am not here to convert people.

Okay so you DO talk about God with those you encounter, i misunderstood sorry. Believe it or not i'm not trying to "convert" anyone either, it's not like for every 10 people that convert(which again: isn't my intent) to Christianity i get 10 sins forgiven or anything. You must understand that it is demanded of me in the bible to publicly acknowledge my belief in God and the Bible as well as my acknowledging Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Saviour

I just waned to add that it wasn't even MY idea for that quote from John as my new sig. God himslf told me 2 days ago that he would want me to make some sort of public acknowledgment about my being a born again Christian and that he would point it out when i happened upon it, it was unvolitional on my part, just doing God's will from now on :smile:

--------------------

OfflineRiffSki
Fulltime stoner

Loc: Oslo, Norway
    #3437520 - 12/02/04 01:04 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I am my own "god" but i look at the universal force as the provider
it gives me what i need
nothing more nothing less

--------------------
Arguing on the net is like competing in the special olympics. Even if you win you are still a retard.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: Who is your God? [Re: RiffSki]
    #3437580 - 12/02/04 01:14 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

That is completely selfish and has nothing to do with real love.

Love is God and Love is all about doing for others. To forgive and be in a constant state of being in service to others needs. To be in complete denial of your own needs. To know that through the fulfillment of others needs you will have what you need given to you by God. Just as you give without question God gives to you without question. Your hearts desires will be givin to you but what will they be when you place others before yourself.

To say you are your own God is..............Wrong

In the eyes of the God I know

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

OfflineRiffSki
Fulltime stoner

Loc: Oslo, Norway
Re: Who is your God? [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3437696 - 12/02/04 01:36 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

yeah, i'll accept that u mean that, i mean that every religion is right for that person, christians, satanistst, buddhist. people end where they think they end
i are hoping for a reincarnation beeing a housecat:D

--------------------
Arguing on the net is like competing in the special olympics. Even if you win you are still a retard.

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Re: Who is your God? [Re: RiffSki]
    #3437714 - 12/02/04 01:40 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I'd see that as a de-evolution.

Like Pythagoras theory on Metempsychosis.  Mineral forces evolve into Plant forces who multiply into an animal 'soul' and that animal soul then combines into a force strong enough to create a human soul.  You can move up, but only a severe karmic slap in the face will force you to move down the chain.

I myself, am more for Plato's theory on Transmigration.  Oh!  I sense a whole new thread in the works.  I'll be back in a bit, I gotta re-coup.  :heart:

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3437742 - 12/02/04 01:47 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

CherryBomb said:
My soul would get bored pretty damn quick up there. It's got much work to do!

If you arn't from my neck of the woods! LOL You understand the party. You feel the call of adventure and creation and potential yet to be realised.

I don't use the word bored for eternal bliss. I use the expression that we loose appreciation for it.

Take your greatest orgasm and amp up the intensity to Big bang power. Now, hit the eternal repeat button stay in that state drowning in a pool of drool and juice and climatic waves for about 70 trillion years.

I don't know about anyone else, but I think I lost an appreciation for it after the first million years and hit the pause button and got off the joy ride and decided to do something with my co-creative self.

How can you experience fullfillment when you are already filled and overflowing? How can you even appreciate or know what it is that your getting off on?

So many here are on the journey back to something once left for a reason. Not ME. I am that which I came from. I packed it up and took it on the road with blessings. I hope the adventure of self discovery and the realisation of creative potential NEVER ends.

There is way to much to create and experience to spend an eternity going

OOOOOOoooh Myyyyyyyyy Gooooooooood Ooooooooh Gooooooooodddd you are so Great OHHHHHHHHHHH Goooooood God God Ooooooooooooohh Ahhhhhhhhh Ooooooooohhhh My God Oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh

ahem
jiggy will leave you with this regularly scheduled cosmic orgasm

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Re: Who is your God? [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3437759 - 12/02/04 01:51 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Whoa. Amen to that, baby.

--------------------

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Re: Who is your God? [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3438266 - 12/02/04 03:27 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I don't use the word bored for eternal bliss. I use the expression that we loose appreciation for it.

I think any state of conciousness tends to become more and more unconcious as time progresses. I'm sure heavenly Bliss will be much better appreciated in the ethereal realm of the true next world Heaven as opposed to being experienced here on earth in a more ephemeral realm, just my .02, can't wait to find out though :smile:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom