Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblembuck7
PooNaNNy Lover
alcohol as good as lysol?
    #3433759 - 12/01/04 04:40 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

If I put alcohol in a spray bottle, will it disinfect as well as lysol does? Maybe even add small amount of bleach?

Edited by mbuck7 (12/01/04 04:44 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: alcohol as good as lyson? [Re: mbuck7]
    #3433778 - 12/01/04 04:44 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i would think so, the lower the alcohol percentage, the more it kills germs, higher percentage evaporates too fast.

i like Lysol, i think it may be cheaper too, you get allot in a bottle.

if you use alcohol, but the 70-91 percent, and double it with equall water.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: alcohol as good as lyson? [Re: mbuck7]
    #3433780 - 12/01/04 04:44 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

What I do & it works GREAT
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vinegar and Hydrogen Peroxide as Disinfectants
by Judy Stouffer, B.S., M.S., SFO

You can make your kitchen a cleaner, safer place and fight bacteria, without exposing yourself and your family to toxic chemicals that also damage the environment. You can use a simple safe disinfecting spray that is more effective than any of the commercial cleaners in killing bacteria. As a bonus, it is inexpensive!

Susan Sumner, a food scientist at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, worked out the recipe for just such a sanitizing combo. All you need is three percent hydrogen peroxide, the same strength available at the drug store for gargling or disinfecting wounds, and plain white or apple cider vinegar, and a pair of brand new clean sprayers, like the kind you use to dampen laundry before ironing.

If you're cleaning vegetables or fruit, just spritz them well first with both the vinegar and the hydrogen peroxide, and then rinse them off under running water.

It doesn't matter which you use first - you can spray with the vinegar then the hydrogen peroxide, or with the hydrogen peroxide followed by the vinegar. You won't get any lingering taste of vinegar or hydrogen peroxide, and neither is toxic to you if a small amount remains on the produce.

As a bonus: The paired sprays work exceptionally well in sanitizing counters and other food preparation surfaces -- including wood cutting boards.

In tests run at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, pairing the two mists killed virtually all Salmonella, Shigella, or E. coli bacteria on heavily contaminated food and surfaces when used in this fashion, making this spray combination more effective at killing these potentially lethal bacteria than chlorine bleach or any commercially available kitchen cleaner.

The best results came from using one mist right after the other - it is 10 times more effective than using either spray by itself and more effective than mixing the vinegar and hydrogen peroxide in one sprayer.

Science News August 8, 1998; Vol. 154, Issue. 6; pg. 83-85

--------------------

Offlinespliffmasta
Fuzzy thumb
Loc: Casing layer of hell
Re: alcohol as good as lyson? [Re: agar]
    #3433792 - 12/01/04 04:46 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

How dilute of a solution? That's awesome.

InvisibleLifenergy
Yo Mama

Re: alcohol as good as lyson? [Re: spliffmasta]
    #3433802 - 12/01/04 04:48 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Very cool. :thumbup:

--------------------
Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
    #3433869 - 12/01/04 05:01 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Agarilla, im going for that! Yee did I already gave you 5 shroomies? Your posts are often very valuable! :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: alcohol as good as lyson? [Re: spliffmasta]
    #3434139 - 12/01/04 06:09 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Just straight out of the bottles, as they come from the store.One in each mist bottle. Works great & is CHEAP. I use 70% alc for needle swab work only.

--------------------

Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

#3434610 - 12/01/04 07:58 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Hey, say a I was going to be doing an outdoor grow and after I dug up the plot, I sprayed the soil with a 50/50 3% hydrogen peroxide and distilled water mix? Could this harm the roots of trees?

I do this just because I was reading a thread on here talking about how outdoor beds can get contaminations, but it is not likely. I just want to make sure.

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

Offlinedjred

Re: alcohol as good as lyson? [Re: theocean06]
    #3434650 - 12/01/04 08:05 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i spray my neeldes with lysol yeah maybe crazy not like up inside but after i flame it i give a lysol shot wipe it clean..

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies