Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineforevadazin
It's so easy toslip
Opiate addiction...
    #3433676 - 12/01/04 06:22 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Well, i've been using heroin IV for 5 years..I finally decided to get clean..
I was perscribed Suboxone and it took away my sickness completely.
The problem is, mentally, I can't find a reason in life to not just go back.

My question though is about addiction and help from taking psycedelics.
I know awhile ago, I read an article about some place where some form of psycedelic to help addicts beat there addiction.
A couple junkies I know, including myself have found that after a trip, I don't want to do heroin. It doesn't seem right, like I don't need it in my life.
So I was wondering if anyone knew of any articles about this subject?
I haven't tripped in awhile. But the last time I did, I quit using for 4 months..and that was without detox medication. I think that using psycedelics at this point, 18 days clean, I can find the beuty in life and how heroin isn't worth it for me.

If anyone has any comments I would be very glad to hear them, and if anyone has any links, please post them.

Thanks,
Dazin

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: Opiate addiction... [Re: forevadazin]
    #3433731 - 12/01/04 06:35 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I think Ibogaine was supposed to be good for beating addictions.

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/ibogaine/ibogaine.shtml

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: Opiate addiction... [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #3433788 - 12/01/04 06:46 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

definatly the right track... ibogane is supra intense, and after one sitting (lasts upwards of 24 hours depending on dosage) people will still go back.... i persoanlly think people need reminders...

i suggest taking mushrooms, in whatever doasge you enjoy, once a month twice in a row, and then as "needed"

do what you need to do to stay clean...

peace and love

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3434013 - 12/01/04 07:33 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I have a couple of comments but they may not be what you want to hear.

OK I think using one drug to help quitting another is very dumb. Not to be taken personally please. I just think that the entire concept of using drugs to quit using drugs is very false. Don't get me wrong there are times for other drugs right after cleaning up to avoid dying during detox.

Here is my advice

First you must understand your reasons to get high. For most people it is because Drugs fill a empty void that we all as humans need to fill. The need for peace and joy. The need to feel at one with ourselves and not to be feeling like we are just wasting time. Waiting to die is no fun when we feel as if we have no purpose. When we are high we do not have to deal with these thoughts we just are feeling good high and are waiting to die. The minute we are not stoned anymore we have to deal with our purpose to live.

And that sucks and can be very scary.

Once you realize this and begin to deal with your reasons to be here then drugs become second place and  drop from top of your needs all toghter.

The need to use becomes lost to your purpose.

And what is Mans purpose??

To love one another and better our love. To be at peace with the people around you. To help those in need. To learn and expand our minds for the benefits of those after us. To become close to God and Love.

Next I suggest you develop a Prayer life and seek God. That does not mean you need to Join some church club full of greedy mind twisting plot makers. It means you go into a private room alone and talk to the walls and feel like an idiot until you feel like a serious soul seeking man who want God's help in real change. It takes many hours of Prayer. Don't be afraid just start and it will become easier and you will find God and his Love.

But get to know God in private. Become tuned to his guiding hand. HE will give you a far greater purpose than you can give yourself.

Life is far more than self gratification. Life is all about fulfilling others needs and finding joy in that.

Love and respect for yourself and others is the key :heart:

Remember that your life has been a joy ride of Drugs and a very nasty drug. So you are like a naked man dropped of in the desert and asked to build a city.

It can be done and you must find a new purpose to live.

God can help you find it.

You can find it on your own but it will be very hard. You must first  identify why you used drugs and move forward with a new purpose.

Find a reason to stop don't start a new drug :wink:

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada Flag
Re: Opiate addiction... [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3434106 - 12/01/04 07:56 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

To love one another and better our love. To be at peace with the people around you. To help those in need. To learn and expand our minds for the benefits of those after us. To become close to God and Love.

Best post by anyone here ever. I have only recently turned to God and asked him to explain my experience of Heaven and Hell which God himself demonstrated way back when on Easter weekend 1974.

The first question i asked God was: "how do i know you are really who you say your are"? And God replied:"do you really think the OTHER guy would have wanted you to know that hell even existed let alone how bad it was(is) ?"

Hell(unfortunately as i personally don't want to see anyone suffer) does exist. The writing is on the wall as far as the end of the world as we know it, please get with the program peeps.And yes i know as well how much i offended God with some of my sick piks and you won't be seeing anymore from me

Freak Q Librium was a nice guy for real but unfortunately i didn't want him to take Martin (Me lol) to hell......If i get drummed out of the community for speaking what i KNOW to be true then so be it, May all of you turn to the Lord Jesus Christ and simply admit that you are a sinner and ask him to come into your life and tell you what things/behaviors in your life displease him and to make the requisite spiritual adjustments
Amen
Freak

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

Offlineforevadazin
It's so easy toslip
Re: Opiate addiction... [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #3434215 - 12/01/04 08:30 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for the comments.
I know using another drug to quit heroin is stupid.
But I don't concider mushrooms a drug, more of a sacrament. I just used psychedelics as a general term for the fact that I try to learn as much about myself while dosing instead of just running around being like "wow thats pretty."

During my childhood I was forced to goto church and my mother tried to force me to believe in God. Well, only being 20 yrs old, I haven't quite gotten over this. So I thank you for your advice, and for some it might help, but I just have a hard time believing in God. I've found that I controll my life, and my destiny, and thats all i know.

Peace,
Dazin

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada Flag
    #3436952 - 12/02/04 01:11 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Could i please ask what religion you were forced to endure? For me it was Roman Catholicism along with it's sacrements, venial and mortal sin etc(none of this was ever mentioned in the bible but merely a creation of the church that taught us that salvation came through the church and not directly from God through Jesus Christ)

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #3441838 - 12/03/04 01:07 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Ayahuasca, much beyond a 'psychedelic' is a medicine with good potential for those who seek seriously to withdraw themselves from addictive drugs.
Actually it goes much beyond, it's going to take care of one on each issue one needs help...
Ayahuasca IS for a change.

FH

OfflineGrok
Has Been a Bad Boy
 User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures
Re: Opiate addiction... [Re: felixhigh]
    #3443232 - 12/03/04 07:44 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Religion is not the awnser for all people. If it works for some great but I can't stand religous types telling me god will solve all my problems.

I wouldn't really say your are substituting one drug for another either. This would be for instance abusing benzos to get off heroin. Mushrooms and opiates are completely different, and mushrooms and many other psychedelics can help you, but will not cure you. "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it."

As was said before, you need to fill the void that heroin has left. I know this really won't sound appealing at all but exercise and a healthy diet can really help. It doesn't need to be that much either. Try to find some hobbies. Go skydiving or something adventerous. Avoid poeple using if possible. Good luck!

--------------------
Entropy is increasing.
To send me a PM, go to my journal

Edited by cilosyb (12/03/04 07:46 PM)

Offlinerunnerup
student

Loc: USA
Re: Opiate addiction... [Re: Grok]
    #3443266 - 12/03/04 08:01 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

god doesnt solve your problem.

he shows you the problem.

and then its up to you to slove it.

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

#3443493 - 12/03/04 09:10 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

The physical addiction is only the first hurdle. You should try to find other recovering addicts that you can talk to.

I know it sounds stupid but im only 24 and i was a severe alcoholic. It was completely the mental addiction that you talk about that kept me drinking every day. I was like you where i could just go around and tell people that im an alcoholic as i take another swig of vodka. What helped me the most was meeting other people like me who knew they had the problem but were grasping for something, anything, any reason for them to stop. Many of us never really find that reason but there is a lot to learn from trying and you can eventually end your addiction like me...which is really what you want to do.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being