Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineUsername_Alpha
Stranger
Help: DUI
    #3433605 - 12/01/04 06:04 PM (12 years, 7 days ago)

Well, a friend of mine recieved a D.U.I. in August of 03. Several shady actions were taken by the law enforcement/etc resulting in loss-of-job pre-conviction, theft of a valuable piece of jewelry, and delay of the trial.

My friend has epilepsy and had a seizure behind the wheel after consuming only 2 beers...with a receit to prove it. The actions following the seizure may have led the officers to believe that my friend was strongly intoxicated/etc (he 'refused a breathalizer' without even knowing it)...however, a viable doctor note and testimony was made to support this. Anywho, my friend got convicted and charged for this crime nearly 7-8 months after the crime was committed.

Now, everything has been paid for, and every action that needed to be taken was taken care of. Today, he recieved a 'bill' in the mail for $1040.00 that needs to be paid in 23 days...and again for the next 2 years. This is the first time he's recieved anything of the sort....This is a surcharge to keep his driver's licence. This is a new law that was put in place at the beginning of the year here in Texas. I don't even know why it is applied to him, as he committed the crime in 03.

My friend has been through enough bullshit, paid over $30,000, and hasn't had any convictions since. He can't afford this extra $1,000. But at the same time, he can't afford to NOT have his driver's license (his new job is 40 minutes away).

Is there any action he can take to combat this 'last' ridiculous charge?

I can't imagine what would have happened if he didn't have a rather large savings account and friends and family to support him through this. This whole situation has been completely and utterly ridiculous. I mean, they expect him to come up with $1,000 in 23 days? It's hard for me to believe that the only thing he can do is lay back on the table and continue the assfucking....

Any help would be appreciated. I am at a loss of ideas.

Edited by Username_Alpha (12/01/04 06:06 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Re: Help: DUI [Re: Username_Alpha]
    #3434294 - 12/01/04 08:45 PM (12 years, 7 days ago)

Sounds like double jeopardy. Best thing you could do is have some of his friends loan him some money (if he has any) So he could pay them back say in the future.

Thats still pretty rediculous though.

InvisibleLe_Canard
Danger Man

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #3434326 - 12/01/04 08:53 PM (12 years, 7 days ago)

That's pretty harsh! Maybe he could work out a payment agreement with the court on the grounds of financial hardship. Best of luck to your friend.

InvisibleGabbaDj
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
    #3435370 - 12/02/04 12:46 AM (12 years, 7 days ago)

Sory.. You only get one chance to prove your innocent...

If found guilty then you just got to take whatever they give you..

As fas as I know their is no such thing as overturning a judges decision in a civil case.. Call a lawyer and ask. They give free consultations all the time..

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG          C8.com                    http://www.beatsopjefiets.com/   

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator
 Arcade Champion: Skeleton Park, Space Hunter

Re: Help: DUI [Re: GabbaDj]
    #3435553 - 12/02/04 01:34 AM (12 years, 7 days ago)

They were probably impressed with all the on-time payments he was making. your friend is a regular Cash Cow for the Texas Justice system.

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

OfflineAhronZombi
AhronZombi

Loc: NY
Re: Help: DUI [Re: sir tripsalot]
    #3435575 - 12/02/04 01:42 AM (12 years, 7 days ago)

FUCK THE POLICE
Down with the police state
crush them, never respect a pig. fuck them all especially in texas

--------------------
[url=http://kratom.tcotu.net Low Priced, High Quality Kratom[/url]

InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Help: DUI [Re: AhronZombi]
    #3435680 - 12/02/04 02:11 AM (12 years, 7 days ago)

Thats fucking insane. A year ago I got a DUI. Since I had not any previous convictions and had only a .013 BA and my job at the time was pizza delivery the judge brought it down to a reckless driving offense on deferred probation for a year as long as I get no more driving offences. My suggestion is to move the hell out of Texas....j/k

Why the hell did he spend 30,000? Lawyers? It doesn;t seem logical to spend all that on a simple DUI

--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

OfflineAhronZombi
AhronZombi

Loc: NY
Re: Help: DUI [Re: DirtMcgirt]
    #3435929 - 12/02/04 03:19 AM (12 years, 7 days ago)

thank god for cop killas

--------------------
[url=http://kratom.tcotu.net Low Priced, High Quality Kratom[/url]

OfflineUsername_Alpha
Stranger
Re: Help: DUI [Re: AhronZombi]
    #3436335 - 12/02/04 09:43 AM (12 years, 7 days ago)

Lawyers, ya.

He thought he could get out of it (as well he should have). Not lose his job. Not have it on his record. Not go through all of this bullshit.

He was also in a position where he could have sued his job and perhaps even the police station as well for what all had happened.
While he was locked up, a police officer took it into his own hands to call his boss. His boss then fired him. 0_o

It didn't work. :frown:

Edited by Username_Alpha (12/02/04 09:50 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion