Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
My un-orthodox techniques.
    #3433077 - 12/01/04 02:19 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

When I prepare grain, I like everything to go fast. I soak my grain for 24 hours, and simmer for a half hour, more or less depending on size of the grain. When I'm done simmering, I don't just let it sit in a colander for 45 mins. I put it in a big pot and fold three paper towels together, then put it in my right hand and stir the grain and keep stirring until the paper towel is drenched, and then I do it again if I need to. Then i pressure cook at 15 psi for 1 hour 20 mins no matter the grain. I like to add one Tablespoon dry verm, and on tablespoon dry brf. It looks nasty in the jar, but doing this shaves 5 days off of my colonization time so who cares. Then when the jars are done, I don't let them sit in the PC 24 hours to cool. I relief the pressure, and take the jars out and shake them. Then I set them on the counter for 30 mins to cool. When they are done cooling I put them in my sink with the stopper in it and fill the sink with cold water till it is halfway up the jars. Your jars are ready to inoculate in 1 hour. None of this compromises sterility. I hope this helps somebody.  :thumbup:

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: My un-orthodox techniques. [Re: Psychoslut]
    #3433170 - 12/01/04 02:38 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

If you like FAST....do you do G2G?

Fastest colonization I ever had is with G2G

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: My un-orthodox techniques. [Re: agar]
    #3433186 - 12/01/04 02:41 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

My first g2g will be in a week, cause Ive just now built my glove box.

--------------------

Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

InvisibleNOS4A2
This is the way

Loc: -tite Flag
    #3433255 - 12/01/04 02:54 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

What'd you use to seal/adhere your gloves to plastic????

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: My un-orthodox techniques. [Re: NOS4A2]
    #3433301 - 12/01/04 03:00 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

its just electrical tape, and the tubes you see is dryer duct.

--------------------

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#3433361 - 12/01/04 03:09 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, I've heard it's not good to relieve pressure like that b/c it messes with the water content in your jars but since grains colonize so quickly i doubt it'd be a problem. Gl =)

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: My un-orthodox techniques. [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3433400 - 12/01/04 03:21 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

in what way could that possibly mess up your water content, no water will get out, none gets in. it doesn't do jack shit to your water content for real man. every newb thinks anything can mess up your water content, and they say that's the reason for most contams, usually not.

thanks, but i dont need luck, my techniques are teh 1337.

--------------------

Offlinecall_me_kido
Philosopher
 User Gallery

Loc: In your dreams
    #3433589 - 12/01/04 04:02 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Lets see some pics...

Nothing unorthodox with my method...but seems good to me...

Kido

--------------------
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"
- Albert Einstein (1875-1955)

"A is A" -Aristotle

Edited by call_me_kido (12/01/04 04:03 PM)

InvisibleNOS4A2
This is the way

Loc: -tite Flag
Re: My un-orthodox techniques. [Re: call_me_kido]
    #3433913 - 12/01/04 05:12 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Wow you must have some big wires where you come from or it's duct tape - same thing I use.

--------------------

Offlinediscman1
journeyman
    #3433914 - 12/01/04 05:12 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Psychoslut said:
in what way could that possibly mess up your water content, no water will get out, none gets in. it doesn't do jack shit to your water content for real man. every newb thinks anything can mess up your water content, and they say that's the reason for most contams, usually not.

thanks, but i dont need luck, my techniques are teh 1337.

If you release the pressure while the jars/substrate are still over 212?F, water will flash out of the grains. It can get out, believe me. Unless your jars are sealed with no holes in the lid.

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: My un-orthodox techniques. [Re: discman1]
    #3433974 - 12/01/04 05:26 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

ive never had any such problem, i still get good colonisation time.

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: My un-orthodox techniques. [Re: call_me_kido]
    #3433987 - 12/01/04 05:27 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

call_me_kido said:
Lets see some pics...

Nothing unorthodox with my method...but seems good to me...

Kido

I didn't say I get spectacular yields, I said my was is faster, and it is just as good as the time-consuming ways. :yesnod:

--------------------

Offlineticktock
Seeker
 User Gallery

Loc: Just ask the rabbit.
    #3434245 - 12/01/04 06:36 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

If you release the pressure quickly, you will lose some percentage of your water.

At 15 PSIG your jars reach about 260 degrees F. The water doesn't boil in the jars because of the pressure. If you suddenly go to 0 PSIG the water boils like hell for a short time. As the water changes phase from liquid to steam, the jar cools rapidly. When it comes down to 212 degrees, the boiling stops and the remainder of the water stays inside.

I'm not doubting your method. You are telling us what works for you, and that's cool. Thanks.  :thumbup:

--------------------
Don't panic!

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: My un-orthodox techniques. [Re: ticktock]
    #3434452 - 12/01/04 07:24 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

im going to not do my quick release and see if i think its better.

--------------------

Offlineymhrswrider
Butthead

#3434544 - 12/01/04 07:46 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Bob does the quick release also without any problems so far.

--------------------
Flashbacks are God's way of saying, "This one's on me".

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: My un-orthodox techniques. [Re: ymhrswrider]
    #3434564 - 12/01/04 07:50 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

perhaps bob and i have too high of a water content, and that is why the quick release has no ill affect on our water content?

--------------------

InvisiblePeterthinks
(Caulking) gun for hire

#3434788 - 12/01/04 08:30 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Hey...these are my glove box gloves:jester:
haven't finished it yet but I got them!
http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page.asp?SID=&ccurrency=2&page=10264&category=2,42407,33240

--------------------
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for the rest of the night.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
NEWB NEWBIE NEWCOMER IGNORANT? QUESTIONS?
Click HERE HERE HERE HERE For detailed instructions with pictures on how to grow mushrooms. There is a lot of info on the Shroomery and this is what you need to know.

Offlinespliffmasta
Fuzzy thumb
Loc: Casing layer of hell
Re: My un-orthodox techniques. [Re: Peterthinks]
    #3434826 - 12/01/04 08:37 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I take my PC and run the bathtub faucet over it and cool it down for about 10 minutes, then I release all of the steam at once and my water content stays fine.

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: My un-orthodox techniques. [Re: Peterthinks]
    #3434850 - 12/01/04 08:41 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Peterthinks said:
Hey...these are my glove box gloves:jester:
haven't finished it yet but I got them!
http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page.asp?SID=&ccurrency=2&page=10264&category=2,42407,33240

i may have to get me some of those, after i tear a hole in mine

--------------------

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
    #3434904 - 12/01/04 08:55 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I like your grow box...but it does look about to tear :smile:.

On the note of the elbow length gloves, I wonder what sort of store would carry something of that nature?...I am in Virginia. I will head to Southern States tomorrow to see what they are crackilackin with...

Peace
ADoobie

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates