Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedeeproots
Stranger
H202 Help PLZ
    #3433456 - 12/01/04 05:34 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

Percentage wise, how much peroxide should I add to the water for my perlite mixture?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLifenergy
Yo Mama

Re: H202 Help PLZ [Re: deeproots]
    #3433472 - 12/01/04 05:37 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

Peroxide should make up about 10% of the water volume.

--------------------
Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: H202 Help PLZ [Re: deeproots]
    #3433476 - 12/01/04 05:37 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

dont make 2 threads for one topic, you could have just asked me in the other thread.

i put 1 cup peroxide per 7 cups sterile water and it works awesome.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

InvisibleMr_Clean
Stranger
Re: H202 Help PLZ [Re: Psychoslut]
    #3433660 - 12/01/04 06:19 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

I'm just a newb but doesn't H202 break down real quick. Seems like iodine would be a better alternative. A few drops will do a lot of water. Or how about a few drops of bletch.

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: H202 Help PLZ [Re: Mr_Clean]
    #3433761 - 12/01/04 06:40 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

iodine is teh expensive.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

InvisibleLifenergy
Yo Mama

Re: H202 Help PLZ [Re: Psychoslut]
    #3433783 - 12/01/04 06:45 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

Yes, it does break down very quickly. That is why when I use it, it is mainly used as a preventative measure. Also it can be acquired very inexpensively. I use it in the water that I mist cakes with also, and I'm not sure that I would want to add iodine to that water. It might not harm them, but I just wouldn't want to take that chance. Bleach is very cheap too, but you have to be really careful with it. I mainly use bleach for sterilizing jars inbetween uses.

--------------------
Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.

OfflineNoodleSalad
umm...yeah

Re: H202 Help PLZ [Re: Lifenergy]
    #3433812 - 12/01/04 06:51 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

You have to be careful with bleach around metals, since it oxidizes them. The h2o2 breaks down after about 3 days so you just need to refresh it between flushes or if it starts smelling rank.

--------------------
life is one big question when your starin at the clock
And the answers always waiting at the liqour store, 40 oz to
Freedom,
so I'll take that walk.
And I know that ohhhh...I'm not comin back

OfflineDastoner
n00b

Loc: NORTHWEST, USA
Re: H202 Help PLZ [Re: NoodleSalad]
    #3434068 - 12/01/04 07:43 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

so when you say the h2o2 "breaks down" what do you need to do ? add more h2o2 every few days on the perlite ? switch it out ? is it preventable ?

--------------------
-------------------------------
I hope this post Helped you.

OfflineNoodleSalad
umm...yeah

Re: H202 Help PLZ [Re: Dastoner]
    #3434089 - 12/01/04 07:51 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

I'm not entirely sure how this works, but i think that h202 is very unstable and the o breaks off leaving you with water. If somebody knows better than please explain better and correct me if I'm wrong. From the posts I've read it breaks down in about 3 days, but you don't need to add more every three days unless your paranoid. I think once a flush is good enough, maybe less.

--------------------
life is one big question when your starin at the clock
And the answers always waiting at the liqour store, 40 oz to
Freedom,
so I'll take that walk.
And I know that ohhhh...I'm not comin back

OfflineDastoner
n00b

#3434100 - 12/01/04 07:54 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

probably should use a sprayer when adding more h2o2 correct ? mm... gotta find a grocery store or somthing that sells those.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #3434108 - 12/01/04 07:57 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

NoodleSalad said:
I'm not entirely sure how this works, but i think that h202 is very unstable and the o breaks off leaving you with water.

when it breaks down it leaves you with water and oxygen. add it to the water for
the perlite initialy and if you're paranoid then you can also spray the perlite
once a week

OfflineDastoner
n00b

Re: H202 Help PLZ [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3434117 - 12/01/04 07:59 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

i have to go to walmart to get most stuff, like sprayers. dont know anywhere else that sells them aint that a bitch.

--------------------

Offlineoldshroomer
I'm a Post Whore
Loc: CANADA
Re: H202 Help PLZ [Re: Dastoner]
    #3434207 - 12/01/04 08:28 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

OK just for some clarity H2O2 breaks down vary rapidly, without proper atmospheric pressure and exposure to light + dilution = very rapid reduction to the liberation of oxygen and water. So in reality your H2O2 starts loosing it's magical properties in about 6-8hrs. However you are looking to protect your little environments when you handle or open the containers :smirk:. this is a great technique but it only needs to be applied when you open your lids. Can also be used during the inoculation stage.

--------------------
Christianity was from the beginning, essentially and fundamentally, life's nausea and disgust with life, merely concealed behind, masked by, dressed up as, faith in "another" or "better" life.

Americans Fuck's With The World Why?
I guess I'm such a whore they took all my posts away, this is like beuaracratic bull shit.

Edited by oldshroomer (12/01/04 08:31 PM)

Offlineoldshroomer
I'm a Post Whore
Re: H202 Help PLZ [Re: oldshroomer]
    #3434235 - 12/01/04 08:34 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

I used H2O2 on a pot of dirty noodles in my sink before to great luck

--------------------
Christianity was from the beginning, essentially and fundamentally, life's nausea and disgust with life, merely concealed behind, masked by, dressed up as, faith in "another" or "better" life.

I guess I'm such a whore they took all my posts away, this is like beuaracratic bull shit.

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #3434279 - 12/01/04 08:42 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

Not that you would put it in perlite, but neat to know.
~~~~~~~~~~~~`
Vinegar and Hydrogen Peroxide as Disinfectants
by Judy Stouffer, B.S., M.S., SFO

You can make your kitchen a cleaner, safer place and fight bacteria, without exposing yourself and your family to toxic chemicals that also damage the environment. You can use a simple safe disinfecting spray that is more effective than any of the commercial cleaners in killing bacteria. As a bonus, it is inexpensive!

Susan Sumner, a food scientist at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, worked out the recipe for just such a sanitizing combo. All you need is three percent hydrogen peroxide, the same strength available at the drug store for gargling or disinfecting wounds, and plain white or apple cider vinegar, and a pair of brand new clean sprayers, like the kind you use to dampen laundry before ironing.

If you're cleaning vegetables or fruit, just spritz them well first with both the vinegar and the hydrogen peroxide, and then rinse them off under running water.

It doesn't matter which you use first - you can spray with the vinegar then the hydrogen peroxide, or with the hydrogen peroxide followed by the vinegar. You won't get any lingering taste of vinegar or hydrogen peroxide, and neither is toxic to you if a small amount remains on the produce.

As a bonus: The paired sprays work exceptionally well in sanitizing counters and other food preparation surfaces -- including wood cutting boards.

In tests run at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, pairing the two mists killed virtually all Salmonella, Shigella, or E. coli bacteria on heavily contaminated food and surfaces when used in this fashion, making this spray combination more effective at killing these potentially lethal bacteria than chlorine bleach or any commercially available kitchen cleaner.

The best results came from using one mist right after the other - it is 10 times more effective than using either spray by itself and more effective than mixing the vinegar and hydrogen peroxide in one sprayer.

Science News August 8, 1998; Vol. 154, Issue. 6; pg. 83-85

--------------------

Offlineoldshroomer
I'm a Post Whore
Re: H202 Help PLZ [Re: agar]
    #3434320 - 12/01/04 08:51 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

Agar great response I remeber reading that some where now that you said that. Acetic acid and Hydrogen peroxide are the best combo for your buck and reliabilty. however acetic acid is very corrosive and could leave salt build up. so use with caution friends. I would stick to what you know or apply a small amount at a time, be sure to control over spray with cardbaord.

--------------------

Offlinelesstutrey
All Weather Associate
 User Gallery

Loc: Chicagoland
    #3434337 - 12/01/04 08:57 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

h2o2 can be benificial in dunks and such...as it breaks down it creates o which is good, and h2 which is harmless. iodine doesn't break down the same way and is really only useful for sterilizing jars,containers or puttin in PMP water. Its nice. a couple drops of iodine to 1 gallon water and it is not unstable. for 10 bucks its worth it. 1 bottle will do 1000 gallons whereas bottle of h2o2 does about... 10,000CC's of water...nowhere near. but each has its place.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation