Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCaptainJailew
Apathetic and Idon't care

Loc: Central Texas
In vitro?
    #3432929 - 12/01/04 03:43 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

What is in vitro colonization? What happens to the mushrooms when you just let them sit in the jar for that long? I don't understand why someone would purposefully do this and I don't really know what it does so if someone could help me out that would be awesome.

--------------------
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: In vitro? [Re: CaptainJailew]
    #3432939 - 12/01/04 03:45 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Some people don't wanna use a chamber I guess. Many people like the method but I myself think it's nuts.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #3432940 - 12/01/04 03:45 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

in virto is used for simplicity, no pmp or humidity chamber, all you need is light, and maybe a incubator. for cakes it doesnt even lower your yeild a noticable amount.

i like it, have you seen hippie in vitro coffee soaked popcorn jars, they are awesome, look at the first page of the coffee thread in advanced cult.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlinecandykid420
I'm not a newbie
Re: In vitro? [Re: Psychoslut]
    #3433146 - 12/01/04 04:32 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

The Invitro method works best for me. Chop it down to luck, but here's my take on it:

In a terrarium, with perlite, I can get one full-pint PF cake to yeild about 3-5 dry grams on the first flush, an additional 2-4 dry grams for each flush after. Usually, I only have a cake flush once using a terrarium.

Now, with Invitro, I just let the jars sit and pin, eventually pulling them. With one full-pint cake I can usually get 4-6 grams, and I can usually get the cake to flush at least twice more, making the Invitro method much more profitbale (for me anyway, maybe I just have bad luck with terrariums). With Invitro, you dont even really have to do much to get mushies

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: In vitro? [Re: candykid420]
    #3433157 - 12/01/04 04:36 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

profitable? selling, and talking about selling shrooms is bad.

--------------------

Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlinecandykid420
I'm not a newbie
    #3433179 - 12/01/04 04:40 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

^^^

I don't sell. I'm inclined to call you "retarded", but you honestly didn't know. I HATE dealers, don't ever call me one please. I meant profitable to myself, I get more out of it using Invitro then a terrarium. Sorry to come off harsh, but again, i HATE dealers. they ruin this hobby for all of us

Offlinekraj
Stranger
    #3433191 - 12/01/04 04:42 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not so sure why you'd be inclined to call him retarded...you did say profitable which gives the connotation of money.

Anyways i'm not sure how the cakes would fruit that different.

Oh well, to each his own.

Offlinecandykid420
I'm not a newbie
Re: In vitro? [Re: kraj]
    #3433194 - 12/01/04 04:43 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

profitable for MYSELF. not money wise, product wise

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #3433202 - 12/01/04 04:44 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

dont call me retarded, dont be a dickhead in mush cult. if you meant that you get more shrooms in-vitro rather than birthing, you should have said that, profitable will make anyone think you are talking about making money.

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #3433203 - 12/01/04 04:44 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

dont call me retarded, dont be a dickhead in mush cult. if you meant that you get more shrooms in-vitro rather than birthing, you should have said that, profitable will make anyone think you are talking about making money.  :rolleyes:

--------------------

Offlinecandykid420
I'm not a newbie
    #3433362 - 12/01/04 05:10 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

^^^

You are right

Offlinebigslick
science fictionwriter

Loc: just behind you
    #3436158 - 12/02/04 07:22 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

CaptainJailew said:
What is in vitro colonization? What happens to the mushrooms when you just let them sit in the jar for that long? I don't understand why someone would purposefully do this and I don't really know what it does so if someone could help me out that would be awesome.

invitro colonization is simply substrate being colonized in a jar :smile:

I think you mean to ask ... What is invitro fruiting?... better question!!!

(It's simply letting you jars produce mushrooms in the jars they colonized)

B:  this could happen :confused: with the right strain(gt's and eq's work well) they tend to grow layer upon layer and they tend to dry out

The above shrooms were grown this way by accident!! "I would not purposely bring shame upon my friends and family by doing this"

C:  Mostly for stealth purposes, then again it's a very simple way to get product (no misting, no fanning, no perlite, no fruiting chamber to construct and it can be done extremly low maintenance)

Overall yield: somewhat less generally than cakes in terrariums (but I hear if you really work it, they can match em)

But... think of the shrooms, only an unloving bastard would torture shrooms on purpose... for his own selfish needs... just to escape the bonds of reality... and...  :goodluck:

--------------------

Everything I write is a total work of fiction

OfflineLlamanose
The llama knows

Re: In vitro? [Re: bigslick]
    #3436403 - 12/02/04 10:18 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I think they look neat invitro!  My first grow I did a couple invitro just to keep from having all my eggs in one basket...    I'd hate to see a casing go down in a blaze of green after waiting all that time.  :smirk:

--------------------
Alice came to a fork in the road.  "Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
~Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Offlineticktock
Seeker
 User Gallery

Loc: Just ask the rabbit.
Re: In vitro? [Re: Llamanose]
    #3436445 - 12/02/04 10:39 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Ok. I thought that I was growing in vitro. The cakes are in big jars after dunk/shock/roll. They get no attention other than indirect light. Here's one before any pinning happened.

Is that invitro or not?

Thanks.

--------------------
Don't panic!

InvisibleMr_Clean
Stranger
Re: In vitro? [Re: ticktock]
    #3436476 - 12/02/04 10:52 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I think not, my friend said invitro is when you grow them in the jars they were colonated in. That's a nice one cake terranium you got there though.

OfflineAnonymousNewbie
Mad Scientist
Loc: England
Re: In vitro? [Re: Mr_Clean]
    #3452376 - 12/06/04 12:35 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I know I've hear that term (invitro) in horticulture, referring to test tube clones of plant cuttings. Invitro simply means "in glass". I think vitro is like Greek or Latin for glass, i may be wrong about that. I know my horticulture text book says that Invitro means in glass.

I think you fawked up twice candykid420, you referred to profit -and then referred to your mushrooms as a product. Nobody including myself here thinks its ok to give information to drug dealers. We are simply in it for the love of mycology and information. So just watch what you say if your not a drug dealer, cause using words like "product" and "profit" could be very misleading.

--------------------
Don't grow mushrooms if it is illegal where you live.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation