Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBasin
Stranger
Growing in apartment
    #3431007 - 12/01/04 01:05 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Are there any big reasons not to grow mushrooms in an appartment. Will the spores enter the air system and make some old people five floors up die or anything bad like that which could tip people off?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBasin
Stranger
Re: Growing in apartment [Re: Basin]
    #3431019 - 12/01/04 01:07 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

As a follow up question. I read about growing mushrooms in rice cakes. How viable is this and would I need specific varieties of mushrooms for it to work. I ask this because I would also be concerned about the smell of shit coming from my appartment, though since I have not tried this ever I don't know how bad it would smell anyways.

InvisibleSuper_Blunt
Candyman
 User Gallery

#3431020 - 12/01/04 01:08 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

No, you could grow there, but if you think spores will enter the air system -- and will kill people 5 floors up, doesn't sound like your qualified too

--------------------

InvisibleSuper_Blunt
Candyman
 User Gallery

#3431023 - 12/01/04 01:08 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Basin said:
As a follow up question. I read about growing mushrooms in rice cakes. How viable is this and would I need specific varieties of mushrooms for it to work. I ask this because I would also be concerned about the smell of shit coming from my appartment, though since I have not tried this ever I don't know how bad it would smell anyways.

Read, shroomery.org is pack-punched full of this kind of useful information!

--------------------

OfflineBasin
Stranger
Re: Growing in apartment [Re: Super_Blunt]
    #3431044 - 12/01/04 01:13 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Ok that was a stupid example. But more seriously like what if someone was alergic to them or something and has whatever kind of reaction. Has this happened.
I know I don't know what I'm talking about. I intend to learn, but I just wanted to check a few more important things like not getting arrested.

Offlinelesstutrey
All Weather Associate
 User Gallery

Loc: Chicagoland
    #3431060 - 12/01/04 01:15 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

alergic reactions too spores are quite rare. If you are doing your setup correctly, not a whole lot of spores should ever enter the air stream. and blunt... now you have two mesmorizing boob sets, even more entrancing.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Growing in apartment [Re: lesstutrey]
    #3431067 - 12/01/04 01:19 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

if your growing chamber is open enough that spores could get out, they'll be contamed before mushrooms even appear, so no need to worry about that :smile:

The only thing you should be worried about is getting caught. Landlords, neighbors noticing you load lots of jars into a giant funny pot, etc. :smile:

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

InvisibleSuper_Blunt
Candyman
 User Gallery

Re: Growing in apartment [Re: lesstutrey]
    #3431074 - 12/01/04 01:20 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

lesstutrey said:
alergic reactions too spores are quite rare. If you are doing your setup correctly, not a whole lot of spores should ever enter the air stream. and blunt... now you have two mesmorizing boob sets, even more entrancing.

Thank you I'm glad you like them.

--------------------

InvisibleDankman
Headphone Wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: Growing in apartment [Re: Super_Blunt] * 1
    #3432254 - 12/01/04 10:35 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

In an apartment there is someone in the office with a key to your front door. Maintenance men could find your grow and you'd be in big trouble.

--------------------
"There was a dirty rainbow coming out of the fucking toilet" - 40 Oz.

OfflineJ4S0N
human
 User Gallery

Re: Growing in apartment [Re: Dankman]
    #3432281 - 12/01/04 10:42 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I've grown in an apartment and never had any problems. If people tend to randomly come in to your apartment then you should find a nice place to hide your grow, like in a closet. And if you are really safe, you can even lock it up. Shouldn't be a problem if you use your head.

--------------------
"The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media." ~ William Colby, Former Director, CIA

Invisibleeric_the_redS
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: happy land
    #3432322 - 12/01/04 10:55 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

apartments are not a good place to grow or even keep anything you don't want found.

i wasn't even growing at the last apt i live in, but the management inspected my apt one day to see if it was clean (some apts. do this) and found my spore syringes. they called the cops and the cops confinscated and destroyed all of my spores that i had collected over the years. this was completely illegal; i was extremely pissed, but there was nothing the cops would do to the apt owners, since they (the cops) screwed up also. i broke out the $1000 dollar front window of the apt home office with a cinder block and called it even.

--------------------
Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Growing in apartment [Re: eric_the_red]
    #3432330 - 12/01/04 10:58 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

With a lock :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisibleeric_the_redS
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: happy land
Re: Growing in apartment [Re: agar]
    #3432334 - 12/01/04 11:00 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i wish i had the room for that.

--------------------
Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

Offlinespliffmasta
Fuzzy thumb
Loc: Casing layer of hell
    #3432364 - 12/01/04 11:07 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I grow in a small one person apartment. I have a small "living room", a small kitchen, then my bedroom with a small bathroom in it. I have a walk in closet in my bed room where it all goes down (or comes up?). Anyway, I have an extremely nosey and pain in the ass landlord who comes in here to make sure everything is clean and my smoke detectors are in working order and stuff. I keep 2 terrariums and 1 incubator in my closet and neither are in plain view when you walk in (covered by random shit). I work in my kitchen, but I'm sure to get EVERYTHING put away when I'm done with it. You should be fine as long as you maintain cleanliness and organization.

Offlinedmtrypr
psychonauticalengineer

Loc: Florida
Re: Growing in apartment [Re: spliffmasta]
    #3432386 - 12/01/04 11:11 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I live in an apartment, but I suppose I am lucky. My "landlord" is my old 8th grade english teacher (his son is my roomate). He maybe comes by 2x a year, but usually keeps to the living room area. I fruit my shrooms right next to my computer, generate spawn in a box under my bed, and dry them in my closet. You can see the results I have had if you check out some of my posts.

--------------------
"There is no greater power in heaven and earth than the thought of the son of man. Though unseen by the eyes of the body,yet each thought has mighty strength, even such strength can shake the heavens." -Gospel of the Essenes

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
    #3432486 - 12/01/04 11:44 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

MOve to Holland Eric!

I dont understand all those nosey bastards in your HOMES!???

--------------------

Offlinespliffmasta
Fuzzy thumb
Loc: Casing layer of hell
Re: Growing in apartment [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3432498 - 12/01/04 11:48 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yea, it really bothers me. If there is a maintenance need for my apartment they come, knock a couple times, then there is a key in the door. It REALLY bothers me cause I'm doing something so illegal, but even if I wasn't, I can't put in a good masturbation session without strangers walking in on me in my own home (hypothetical  :wink: ).

Either way, I can't imagine them needing access to my closet, and even if they did I keep it my goal to keep everything stealthy to the casual eye.

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
Re: Growing in apartment [Re: spliffmasta]
    #3432914 - 12/01/04 01:40 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah suckers they should call and make an appointment. Act as a gentleman with respect for someone elses space. No matter if one does something "illegal" or not.

But ok reality is different there.

I have been renting an appartment here but it is even illegal for them to just enter without my permission.

Ofcourse! My house.

The rare occasions someone needed acces was when I left, to check if I left it properly. And one time there was a fire in the appartment above mine. Then they asked if they could come and check if I had damage.

Yeah the land of freedom! :p Maybe you have the freedom to blow his head of, I see Americans doing that all the time in movies when there is a burglar.. :lol:

Anyway, good luck all appartment owners! Ok and the rest as well... :wink:

--------------------

Offlinecandykid420
I'm not a newbie
Re: Growing in apartment [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3433166 - 12/01/04 02:38 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I told my apartment complex that I will not allow them inside without me being home, this is a right everyone in apartments has. Just talk to the main office about it.

Anyway, I grow in my apartment. I do it Invitro, in a cupboard above the fucking fridge. Nobody will ever know

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale