Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Boot Lover
Male User Gallery

What pills should i ask from my Doc?
    #3432284 - 12/01/04 12:42 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I went to see a shrink the other day, i waited for that appointment 6 month, all i got was about 20 minutes of him asking me stuff and then saying i got 3 more appointments left with him because hes busy.

Anyway, it was a Psychologist. Not a psychiaetrist. For some reason i didnt know the difference untill now. I think psychologist is a BEHAVIOR therapist from what i understnad, he analyses your logick and tells you what needs improving.

Anyway i dont know why my general practitioner sent me off to a psychologist when i think i need to see a psychietrist.

Correct me if im wrong but i think psychologist is to do with SOFTWARE, while psychietrist - HARDWARE.

And i think i need some upgrades on my hardware. I guess im gonna hvae to wait 6 more month now ...

Anyway im gonna go and see my GP again and im gonna ask him for some pills. Things are getting out of hand lately. I dont want pills in my system 24/7. What i want is some medication for CRUCIAL days. Such as interviews, and staff meetings.

I get EXXXXXXXXXXXXXTREMELY nervous around unknown people. Its like one minute im fine, then i walk in a room with people and i need to address everyone i start sweating and panicking, like i had 10 cups of coffee for breakfast, as soon as i leave the room im back to normal in a wink.

It has to stop. I need something to keep my nerves at bay on days like these. What should i get? I heard VALIUm is the thing? What was theother thing, someone recomended Haldol for my over activity.

Time keeps ticking and running away
And It's taking us fast to a brand new free dimension
Too cool to mention well that's the intention
But some of us too dame blind to see
Jesus is the King Volume I
Jesus is the King Volume II
Shroomery MSN club
I'm talking to aliens!
Volcano Vap and Brain Chakras
Hilary Duff!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Danger Man
 User Gallery

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: What pills should i ask from my Doc? [Re: Jalruza]
    #3432404 - 12/01/04 01:17 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I don't know about Valium, unless it's for extreme anxiety attacks. Doctors are abit leery about benzos anymore, due to their addiction potential. And I don't hink Haldol would be appropriate for social anxiety either. My guess would be that they'll give you some sort of SSRI...

The Heaviest OfThem All

Loc: British Columbia
    #3432695 - 12/01/04 02:38 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I don't know if ASKING for certain types of pills is a good idea.

If you do, he could in fact give you nothing at all.

who run it
 User Gallery

Loc: dx/dt
Re: What pills should i ask from my Doc? [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #3432809 - 12/01/04 03:04 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

thats what they teach you to do on the TV. "ask your drug dealer if this pill is right for you"

better living through chemistry

OVERGROW the government!!

it's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, ok, thats what it is.

work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #3433543 - 12/01/04 05:52 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Anyway, it was a Psychologist.

the difference is that a pscyholigist can't prescribe any medications.

you don't need drugs, unless you REALLY can't function in situations with other people.
sounds like social anxiety. aks yourself 1. why am I afraid of people? 2. do I need to be afraid of them? what can I do about it?

also maybe work a little on your self esteem. these things are hard I know...
but also think about those questions above.
nobody thinks weird things about you. Think about when someone else needs to adress everyone; what happens? do people act strange?(probably not) what do you do when someone else is in that position?(other people probably act about the same).people probably react the same to you but from what you said it sounds like you find yourself in a big spotlight of attention from unknown people (wich can be scary).
The cure to this is (probably) go out there and just do it. also think: fuck it, I don't care what they think of me. that worked for me, although I didn't have strong reactions like you.

those things can be scary but I think it's better to really try things like what I said above first.
also you'll see if you do fine once, you'll feel good about yourself--> self esteem boost--> next time you'll have less anxiety. many people find talking in front of a group of people scary, really a lot of people. you'll just get used to it the more you do it.

good luck, you can do it!

click for my music                  First release!   
        smooth chillout dub        Tales of the Green Dragon EP
prog psy and livesets                                       

older music: ambient and psydub

Dog Lover

#3434121 - 12/01/04 08:01 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I can tell you from 8 years of eating Psycho drugs that they are a waste of time and in the long run do far greater damage.

Also I have dealt with many people who are whacked for many reason and I have only seen a few that really benefited from Psycho Drugs.

I think you would be farther ahead to learn a way to deal with yourself.

You can teach yourself to be calm.

You are your own island and are fully capable of building a ship and sailing into health :grin:

What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Loc: Calgary
Re: What pills should i ask from my Doc? [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3443637 - 12/03/04 10:08 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Psych medications are definitly overperscribed.

If you can make it without 'em go for it.

And I I mean that as it sounds, if you can *survive* without it, try

If not, you'll need to see a psychiatrist. And if you want to know, what you'll want is an SSRI, but he will know that.

But I can tell you from experience, that pills can help your survive, but no more. Not really.

They are in love. Fuck the War.

Re: What pills should i ask from my Doc? [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3443735 - 12/03/04 10:36 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Fucknuckle is right, ive seen messed up people really benefit from these drugs but ive also seen people get messed up from using them.

What you have is social anxiety disorder or SAD (ironic, huh?). If you go through one session without your psycologist recognizing this, go to someone else. Your psychologist will reference you to a psychiatrist for medication after you consult with them. Often, people with SAD will recieve medication if it affects your quality of life. You really need to talk to the psychologist about the quality of your life and discuss if you would be willing to possibly sacrifice your health to take a medication. If you dont like what he says, talk to a couple of other ones and get a good idea where you are at compared to other people with your problem and then really decide if you want and need drugs to help you.

Re: What pills should i ask from my Doc? [Re: Catalysis]
    #3444448 - 12/04/04 03:24 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Yes, see a good psycologist and see what comes out of it. I would try hydroxyzine personally, its a H2 inhibitor, basically an anti histamine. It wont make you as groggy as benadryl, and it is one of the safest drugs out there.

H2 is the receptor site that will basically give you the fight or flight response. If you inhibit it, it can really calm your nerves, especially in social situations where you may start to feel introverted and uncomfortable (wishing you were somewhere else).

Freedom from the Known
 Arcade Champion: Ms. Pacman, Pac Man, Tetris

Loc: t(here)
Re: What pills should i ask from my Doc? [Re: Redo]
    #3444457 - 12/04/04 03:28 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

fuck taking pills. you need to regain your mental strength. search and read krishnamurti.

Male User Gallery
    #3445390 - 12/04/04 12:34 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

A psychiatrist is a medical doctor. A psychologist is not.

I disagree about asking for pills. Let your doctor know that you have researched your problem, which you believe is an anxiety disorder. There are several options. I don't like the longterm medications, and so I have a prescription for valium. I get 90 5mg pills each month, but I don't use near that much. Every 6 months I switch to a different pill- I go back and forth between valium and xanax. They do help, but keep in mind that they can also cause memory loss. And they are easy to abuse.

There is also Paxil, which is a one a day every day type pill. Prozac is also suppose to help for social anxiety.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being