Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleGreat_Satan
prophet of God
 User Gallery

Twin souls
    #3409833 - 11/25/04 09:00 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGreat_Satan
prophet of God
 User Gallery

Re: Twin souls [Re: Great_Satan]
    #3409965 - 11/25/04 09:35 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

From Plato's Symposium
http://classics.mit.edu/Plato/symposium.html

And when one of them meets with his other half, the actual half of himself, whether he be a lover of youth or a lover of another sort, the pair are lost in an amazement of love and friendship and intimacy, and would not be out of the other's sight, as I may say, even for a moment: these are the people who pass their whole lives together; yet they could not explain what they desire of one another. For the intense yearning which each of them has towards the other does not appear to be the desire of lover's intercourse, but of something else which the soul of either evidently desires and cannot tell, and of which she has only a dark and doubtful presentiment. Suppose Hephaestus, with his instruments, to come to the pair who are lying side, by side and to say to them, "What do you people want of one another?" they would be unable to explain. And suppose further, that when he saw their perplexity he said: "Do you desire to be wholly one; always day and night to be in one another's company? for if this is what you desire, I am ready to melt you into one and let you grow together, so that being two you shall become one, and while you live a common life as if you were a single man, and after your death in the world below still be one departed soul instead of two-I ask whether this is what you lovingly desire, and whether you are satisfied to attain this?"-there is not a man of them who when he heard the proposal would deny or would not acknowledge that this meeting and melting into one another, this becoming one instead of two, was the very expression of his ancient need. And the reason is that human nature was originally one and we were a whole, and the desire and pursuit of the whole is called love. There was a time, I say, when we were one, but now because of the wickedness of mankind God has dispersed us, as the Arcadians were dispersed into villages by the Lacedaemonians. And if we are not obedient to the gods, there is a danger that we shall be split up again and go about in basso-relievo, like the profile figures having only half a nose which are sculptured on monuments, and that we shall be like tallies.

Wherefore let us exhort all men to piety, that we may avoid evil, and obtain the good, of which Love is to us the lord and minister; and let no one oppose him-he is the enemy of the gods who oppose him. For if we are friends of the God and at peace with him we shall find our own true loves, which rarely happens in this world at present. I am serious, and therefore I must beg Eryximachus not to make fun or to find any allusion in what I am saying to Pausanias and Agathon, who, as I suspect, are both of the manly nature, and belong to the class which I have been describing. But my words have a wider application-they include men and women everywhere; and I believe that if our loves were perfectly accomplished, and each one returning to his primeval nature had his original true love, then our race would be happy. And if this would be best of all, the best in the next degree and under present circumstances must be the nearest approach to such an union; and that will be the attainment of a congenial love. Wherefore, if we would praise him who has given to us the benefit, we must praise the god Love, who is our greatest benefactor, both leading us in this life back to our own nature, and giving us high hopes for the future, for he promises that if we are pious, he will restore us to our original state, and heal us and make us happy and blessed. This, Eryximachus, is my discourse of love, which, although different to yours, I must beg you to leave unassailed by the shafts of your ridicule, in order that each may have his turn; each, or rather either, for Agathon and Socrates are the only ones left.

http://classics.mit.edu/Plato/symposium.html

Edited by Great_Satan (11/25/04 09:36 PM)

InvisibleGreat_Satan
prophet of God
 User Gallery

#3420552 - 11/28/04 07:37 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

InvisibleGreat_Satan
prophet of God
 User Gallery

#3429086 - 11/30/04 05:31 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The Sufis believe in twin souls. This page looks like its discussing twin souls and soulmates.

http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/XI/XI_II_16.htm

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #3431003 - 12/01/04 01:04 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

This is so cool that you shared this. I can't believe I almost missed this thread. I think I found my twin soul. I sound so goofy, but I'm going to read your links, and thank you for providing them to us!!

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Invisiblerogue_pixie
faerydae
Female User Gallery

Loc: UK
Re: Twin souls [Re: Frog]
    #3431331 - 12/01/04 02:39 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I think there are numerous twin souls out there for everyone.

--------------------
"Whatever you do, you need to keep moving.  Because when you stop moving you die (physically and emotionally).

Good luck and blessings of happiness and fortune." ~ RandalFlagg RIP

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Twin souls [Re: rogue_pixie]
    #3431345 - 12/01/04 02:47 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

what if we are all twin souls to eachother?

lost in the particularity of some thing
barely able to notice a fraction of
magic and intimacy that is happenning

then sometimes we can peek through
and can see the connection

by love or wisdom or

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Invisiblerogue_pixie
faerydae
Female User Gallery

Loc: UK
Re: Twin souls [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3431563 - 12/01/04 04:36 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I think a lot of who we are as people is shaped by our upbringing, culture and surroundings. Humans are instinctively drawn to those with similiar beliefs and morals as a survival tatic. We all have a lust to be surrounded by people with the same beliefs and interests, for reassurance and guidance. To be seperated from out culture can make one feel alienated and isolated. As a result of our upbringing we are divided into different subcultures but essentialy, if we cast our differences aside, we are all the same, one species, united by universal laws that we physically live within. Considering the vast amount of people that exist in the world today, mathematically it would be safe to assume that there are bound to be numerous people in the world who are very similiar to ourselves and who we are likely to be highly compatable with. We may never find those people, but I'm sure that they do exist.

--------------------
"Whatever you do, you need to keep moving.  Because when you stop moving you die (physically and emotionally).

Good luck and blessings of happiness and fortune." ~ RandalFlagg RIP

OfflineJalruza
Boot Lover
Male User Gallery

Re: Twin souls [Re: rogue_pixie]
    #3432430 - 12/01/04 11:26 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

:heart:

--------------------
Time keeps ticking and running away
And It's taking us fast to a brand new free dimension
Too cool to mention well that's the intention
But some of us too dame blind to see
Jesus is the King Volume I
Jesus is the King Volume II
Shroomery MSN club
I'm talking to aliens!
Volcano Vap and Brain Chakras
Hilary Duff!!
:gethigh:

Edited by Ewok (12/07/04 06:25 AM)

OfflineJalruza
Boot Lover
Male User Gallery

Re: Twin souls [Re: Jalruza]
    #3432469 - 12/01/04 11:37 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

beutiful links, i really like that

'Two friends - one soul'

--------------------
Time keeps ticking and running away
And It's taking us fast to a brand new free dimension
Too cool to mention well that's the intention
But some of us too dame blind to see
Jesus is the King Volume I
Jesus is the King Volume II
Shroomery MSN club
I'm talking to aliens!
Volcano Vap and Brain Chakras
Hilary Duff!!
:gethigh:

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #3432705 - 12/01/04 12:39 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

do twin souls have to exist at the same time or can your twin soul have died thousands of years ago?

i can't believe in twin souls b/c of the fact that to ever meet yours would be impossible. plus if you did wouldn't you be soulmates and then commit incest? lol

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Offlinelovelight
float

Loc: yellow submarine
Re: Twin souls [Re: TODAY]
    #3434133 - 12/01/04 06:08 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

At the risk of sounding as 'goofy' as Frog, I too have found my 'twin soul' Isn't it divine Frog?

:heart: :iloveyou: :heart:

--------------------
Turn on your lovelight, let it shine on me

Edited by lovelight (12/01/04 06:17 PM)

OfflineEilya555
GOD with a caseof amnesia
 User Gallery

Re: Twin souls [Re: TODAY]
    #3444252 - 12/03/04 11:44 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

This is a subject that has fascinated me for years. My belief is that chances are that your true twin does not exist here, but guides from above and awaits your return. people you meet here are more than likely soulmates and aid us in learning and prepare us for the rapture of reunion with our other half. here is a good link.

http://www.crystalinks.com/twinflames.html

OfflinePali_Gap
Stranger
    #3544601 - 12/26/04 04:05 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: Twin souls [Re: Pali_Gap]
    #3545427 - 12/26/04 07:42 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I too feel somewhat dorky about saying that I have a twin soul, but I've never been this confident before! Her and I aren't 'going out', nor are we sexually active (We've never even hugged to tell the truth) but the connection that's manifested between us is outstanding.
I have good vibes, and I do think that there are many potentially twin souls for everyone. It's just a matter of meeting them at the right moment and letting things go from there. :heart:

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: Twin souls [Re: browndustin]
    #3546280 - 12/26/04 11:43 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

the fact of the matter is that you never know, and you never will ,and your not ment too, you may think you have a good odea, but you dont, i think ive met mine, well discovered mine, ive never actually talked too this person but he happens to be a musician and if you listen closely enough you can get to know a musician as well as they know themselves through their music, and twin souls do not have to be opposite sex, or really even in this world in the same aeon, its possible, but the possibility is very very small.

you can crush,fall into love deeper than you thought was possible, but the fact of the matter is that out of every soul, not even the worlds population, the population of the universe, there is another to your set, another one of you, and finding them in this life or even in this world is almost proposterous, i think Brandon Boyd is my twin soul... F.Y.I.

you can only have so many of the sam eexact thoughts as somebody else before you begin to wonder

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

Edited by incubaby_421 (12/26/04 11:48 PM)

OfflinePali_Gap
Stranger
Re: Twin souls [Re: incubaby_421]
    #3553785 - 12/28/04 05:36 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Another twin soul forum.
http://p202.ezboard.com/btwinsoulsandsoulmates
Discussions used to be a lot higher quality on this board back around 2001 and before. There are a lot of archives.

Edited by Pali_Gap (12/28/04 05:38 PM)

Offlineiris
Stranger
    #18221861 - 05/06/13 11:06 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Yes.  I have.  15 years ago.  It was too intense for me so I ran from him.  I have no idea where he is now.  I had a mystical experience when I met him.  Time stopped and I saw that we were one soul in two bodies, we gazed at each other in a state of perfect bliss.  I can't describe the feeling.  It was the closest feeling to being in heaven that I can imagine.  When I was with him, I felt like a magical being, it's so hard to describe, but it was so intense that it freaked me out.  I was only 18 years old.  To this day I still feel him and love him.  I called him Lynx.  He is the most beautiful human being that I have ever seen.

Invisibleliquidlounge

#18221942 - 05/06/13 11:29 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I hope you smoked the green together.

--------------------
As far as I assume to know...

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: Twin souls [Re: liquidlounge]
    #18221981 - 05/06/13 11:38 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Shamrock clovers?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order