Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Normal Corn///Update 100% colonized
    #3430865 - 12/01/04 12:28 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

my foaf says if you add brf and verm to corn it colonizes damn good.

Edited by Psychoslut (12/13/04 09:00 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelesstutrey
All Weather Associate
 User Gallery

Loc: Chicagoland
Re: Normal Corn [Re: Psychoslut]
    #3431063 - 12/01/04 01:17 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i've always wondered if they say popcorn because everyone can get it, or because its the only kind that works. I can get shelled by the ton or bushel, for a lot less.. i'm interested in a followup.

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
Re: Normal Corn [Re: lesstutrey]
    #3431078 - 12/01/04 01:21 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

popcorn and corn are different strains of corn if im not wrong.
normal corn wont pop as good, and so is our normal corn different then teh corn we feed our animals (cows, chickens) with.

--------------------

Offlinelesstutrey
All Weather Associate
 User Gallery

Loc: Chicagoland
Re: Normal Corn [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3431120 - 12/01/04 01:29 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

here's the reason popping corn pops and regular corn doesn't.... there is a drop of water on the inside of popping corn that boils and then explodes the corn because of the pressure. it is a different strain, and is grown in different fields isolated from regular corn... but i don't see how thats gonna make a huge difference. regular corn still absorbs water and has the same nutrients. its just human/sweet corn produces more fructose, feed corn doesn't produce the fructose as much and popping corn has some more water :o

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: Normal Corn [Re: lesstutrey]
    #3431121 - 12/01/04 01:30 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

ill post a pic or few when or if they colonise, and when or if they fruit :thumbup: :grin:.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #3431176 - 12/01/04 01:43 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Hmmmm....well if you prep it like normal popcorn and it looks the same when finished meaning it hasen't turned to mush and has good room for the myc to grow around the kernals there isn't any reason why it shouldn't work.  :thumbup:

But not having done it I'm not gonna make any promises. It may be a disaster or you may find the next big substrate to use. The only way to find out is to do stuff like this  :wink:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: Normal Corn [Re: Magash]
    #3431208 - 12/01/04 01:52 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

cracked corn works, im confident this will go off without a hitch.

it wont be the best thing ever or anything, but i dont have any other grains so i was like ummmm. and started shelling my squirrel food.  :smirk:

--------------------

Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #3431219 - 12/01/04 01:54 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Hey like I said if you prep it right there really isn't any reason it shouldn't work.  :thumbup:

As far as not being the best thing ever.............You never know  :grin: :wink:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: Normal Corn///Update 100% colonized [Re: Psychoslut]
    #3476019 - 12/10/04 12:34 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Update bump.

--------------------

OfflineHydroSmurf
Ex-Yakuza
Male

Loc: Tokyo,Japan
    #3476034 - 12/10/04 12:37 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I broke two out of my five popcorn jars. I'm devastated. All that hard work and effort...I left the PC on for too long doing other stuff and the water all evaporated. Pretty nasty. Now I'm left with 3 jars.

--------------------
I never supposed for the love of me that it would all be so vivid.

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: Normal Corn///Update 100% colonized [Re: HydroSmurf]
    #3476131 - 12/10/04 12:54 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

case of 12 wide mouthed quart jar 7 dollars

Popcorn 90 cents for a 4 pound bag.

Dont be cheap dude.

--------------------

OfflineHydroSmurf
Ex-Yakuza
Male

#3476196 - 12/10/04 01:03 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

It's not the money dude, it's the time and the effort. I couldn't be bothered about the money.

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #3476214 - 12/10/04 01:05 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

If you enjoy this hobby it should be effortless, and also 10-20 days isnt that long, but i know what you are saying.

It sucks your jars broke, did you use something between you jars and the bottom of the pc?

--------------------

OfflineHydroSmurf
Ex-Yakuza
Male

#3476228 - 12/10/04 01:07 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Nahh I didn't, I usually don't put anything under but I make sure the water doesn't evaporate completely...I guess I should start putting that down huh?

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3476302 - 12/10/04 01:21 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Wouldnt have mattered..I fell asleep the other day and have 10 ruined quarts myself..even more of a bitch was the 15 pounds of rye simmering next to it that also ran dry and burnt to the bottom of the PC.

Cleaning that shit up and scraping (with a chisel, no other way) is NOT an enjoyable part of this hobby and so it was definatly effort. Sorry for your loss, but your not alone..at least the PC's are both ok.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineHydroSmurf
Ex-Yakuza
Male

Re: Normal Corn///Update 100% colonized [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3476325 - 12/10/04 01:24 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Oh mann...and I thought mine was bad. I know how it feels cleaning it up mann. Anyway Ima get more jars and popcorn kernels tomorrow. Good luck with yours.  :smile:

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #3476339 - 12/10/04 01:27 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

HydroSmurf said:
Nahh I didn't, I usually don't put anything under but I make sure the water doesn't evaporate completely...I guess I should start putting that down huh?

Yes, your pressure cooker should have came with a little rack thing.

And also I like to raise the rack a few inches off of the bottom using 4 half pint jars as raisers, that way I can add like 6 inches of water and not have to worry about my pc running out of water.  :shocked: :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #3476342 - 12/10/04 01:28 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Ah no problem..that was a week and a half ago..I've since recovered and have 120 quarts colonizing. It was just a pain because I had been procrastinating making jars and now its comming down to go time needing new casings to replace old..well anyways straying from topic.

Keep us updated on the corn..make sure you get pics of the flush..hopfully you have a "control" as well, whatever you usually use..or at least pics of some flushes of similar casings with a different substrate (you said you use popcorn usually?)

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: Normal Corn///Update 100% colonized [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3476354 - 12/10/04 01:30 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:
Ah no problem..that was a week and a half ago..I've since recovered and have 120 quarts colonizing. It was just a pain because I had been procrastinating making jars and now its comming down to go time needing new casings to replace old..well anyways straying from topic.

Keep us updated on the corn..make sure you get pics of the flush..hopfully you have a "control" as well, whatever you usually use..or at least pics of some flushes of similar casings with a different substrate (you said you use popcorn usually?)

I hope thats a typo, did you mean 12 not 120.

120 would be hardcore, and i would have to demand a photo of such a claim.

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #3476425 - 12/10/04 01:46 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I meant 120. I'll see if I can get my camera to work but heres some older pics of my closets..

closet 1: incubators and dehydrators

Closet 2: Roomates closet..it goes to the left and theres a shelf above too..I have very few pics of his closet..most are what I grow (he doesnt like to listen and his casings never turn out as well as mine..shame sine his closets bigger

Closet 3: My closet

Cameras being fritzy so new pics aren't looking to good..I've changed my incubation closet recently..removed the tubs and put dehydrators on the ground floor..the top shelves get jars stacked in dozens and the dehydrators on timers keep it warm while drying mushrooms. Both chambers have recently had the shelves legs cut down and half shelves added to the top as well for more shelving, no pics of that either.

Normally I don't do 120 jars at a time..I like to split it up and do 40 a week but waited 2 weeks and then the whole fell asleep and ruined 20 pounds of rye thing (15 in PC simmering and 5 in PC PCing) so I've been backed up and had to catch up..

I don't do bulk before anyone asks because its easier to carry up a 50 pound bag of rye and a 50 pound bag of WBS once every so often (very 6-10 weeks) then getting a huge bale of straw and bags of shit. I live in an apartment in the center of town where cops and neighbors can see things..plus things stay fully hidden in my apartment from anyone who comes over.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate