Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTestify
i'm emo.
B_____ rings on brain?
    #3430004 - 11/30/04 09:18 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Hey, my friend told me that a girl in her class did an experiment on the effects of mushrooms. I forget the name of it .. Benzyne? don't think that's it. But she said that when you eat mushrooms, you get the b_____ rings in your brain and they are there for life. Meaning in the future .. 5, 10, 15 years down the road you could start trippin off this. I don't see anything wrong with this, who wouldn't want a free trip right? But I guess if it came at the wrong time and place it be bad. I found this hard to believe, so I tried backing up my point, info from you guys would be great. I couldn't do a search, because I don't know the name of them.

Thanks for any help!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
Re: B_____ rings on brain? [Re: Testify]
    #3430047 - 11/30/04 09:25 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

baeocystin is probably the word. google it and find out what you can but this sounds like a load of shit. its not even a big part of mushies.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#3430050 - 11/30/04 09:26 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

bullshit.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: B_____ rings on brain? [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3430064 - 11/30/04 09:28 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

heh.. theres a benzene ring in psilocybin right? isn't it just the ring of carbons or is it another chemical? and shes claiming that it stays in your system? I've heard negative things about benzene, but it sure as hell isn't a psychedellic chemical.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

InvisibleLifenergy
Yo Mama

#3430070 - 11/30/04 09:29 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Hell, thers probably more benzene in tobacco smoke than shrooms, if there even is any. So tell her that maybe years down the road, your clothes will spontaneously stink, and you'll cough up blood. Any benzene in shrooms would have to be in trace amounts, because benzene is toxic and no one has ever died from psilocybe ingestion that I know of.

Damn propaganda.

--------------------
Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #3430073 - 11/30/04 09:29 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

:rolleyes: wow, a high school girl did an experiment on mushrooms involving how they physiologically react with a human brain?  tell this chick she's a stupid fuck and tell her to stop lying.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #3430082 - 11/30/04 09:31 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

>>Hey, my friend told me that a girl in her class did an experiment on the effects of mushrooms.

Well this sounds like bullshit to start with. How'd she get the funding and the permits? Is she a graduate student working under one of the VERY few Ph.D.'s who CAN study mushrooms, and the even fewer who can study them on human subjects?

>>I forget the name of it ..Benzyne?

Are you talking about Benzene (Benn-zeen) the chemical?

And if so, what the hell about it, and what does it have to do with mushrooms?

>>But she said that when you eat mushrooms, you get the b_____ rings in your brain and they are there for life.

What in the hell does this mean, rings form in your brain? What the hell is she talking about. I suppose it's not benzene rings then. Coincidently, benzene is already a cyclic (ring) compound.

This girl has made up bullshit. She couldn't even have done the experiment, you just don't up and do them with illegal drugs, or on human subjects.

Mushrooms work because the alkaloids are chemically similar to a neurotranmitter in the brain. And therefore it binds to the same receptors. But this b_____ ring nonsense makes me believe she doesn't know all that much about the brain. As anyone who knows even a little bit knows this is how chemicals work on the brain, including the illegal drugs.

OfflineTestify
i'm emo.
Re: B_____ rings on brain? [Re: TODAY]
    #3430089 - 11/30/04 09:32 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

haha yea, the teacher is backin it up too.. its very strange .. I dont think it was benzyne .. baeocystin? not to sure... thanks for the backup though guys.

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA
    #3430091 - 11/30/04 09:33 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

TODAY said:
:rolleyes: wow, a high school girl did an experiment on mushrooms involving how they physiologically react with a human brain?  tell this chick she's a stupid fuck and tell her to stop lying.

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #3430092 - 11/30/04 09:33 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

if you look on erowid you can find Journal articles from creditted journal societies with publications. JAMA, Psychology and others. www.erowid.org

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Re: B_____ rings on brain? [Re: neuro]
    #3430107 - 11/30/04 09:36 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

if you do a quick search in google you will find that even the anti-drug sites cant say anything bad about long term effects of mushrooms (at least creadible ones) i bet she is religous and this is some bull shit a god website told her.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

OfflineTestify
i'm emo.
Re: B_____ rings on brain? [Re: lemon_lw]
    #3430122 - 11/30/04 09:38 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

haha you guys are hilarious!! Neuro's was the best. I'm printing these off.. haha now that I think of it, why didn't I just say all that lol. And I just looked up baeocystin and it said that it "decays noticeably with age" so ya. I wonder what her chemistry teacher was smoking when she was telling her class this?? or maybe trying to scare them away from it.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3430150 - 11/30/04 09:43 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I go to a very large university, a lot of reaserch is done here, in many fields, I do not think that any of the profesors here are even allowed to study mushrooms. There is a whole process involving the government in order to get permision to study these drugs, very few people are allowed to do this.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Re: B_____ rings on brain? [Re: gdman]
    #3430168 - 11/30/04 09:47 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

check out this god website http://objective.jesussave.us/kidz.html scroll down to the proffesor. they offer such bullshit then if you click on it it offers "PROOF". this goes to show you can find some of the most retarded info on the web.

--------------------

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: B_____ rings on brain? [Re: lemon_lw]
    #3430460 - 11/30/04 10:57 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

That is truely one of the most fucked up web pages I've ever seen. Freevibe has nothing on this. I can't believe this website goes down so often from DOS attacks when peoples energy could be better aimed at shit like this.

--------------------

OfflineMike_Ologist
4-phosphoryloxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamineconnoiseur
    #3430570 - 11/30/04 11:20 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

That site is a hoax, guys.

Edited by Mike_Ologist (11/30/04 11:25 PM)

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: B_____ rings on brain? [Re: Mike_Ologist]
    #3430678 - 11/30/04 11:44 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Cool. I was seriously hoping it was. You never know with those nutballs. I've definately met people who say shit like that.

A good hoax though :smile:

--------------------

Offlinecandykid420
I'm not a newbie
    #3433334 - 12/01/04 03:05 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I thought iwas real...and it didn't suprise me :frown:

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #3433490 - 12/01/04 03:42 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

yeah, print this thead out and hand it to the cunt.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Re: B_____ rings on brain? [Re: TODAY]
    #3433675 - 12/01/04 04:22 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

how do you know it is a hoax mike? it looks legit to me. you can go to its home page and it bitches about shit that christians would bitch about.

--------------------

Edited by lemon_lw (12/01/04 04:24 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies