Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleDK1
Male
Second Flush Dunk and Roll Questions BRF Cake
    #3430436 - 12/01/04 12:50 AM (12 years, 5 days ago)

Alright I have a brown rice flower cake and after i picked all my shrooms the cake had a purple color on the surface, possibly from spores falling?? I scraped the surface with a rugged butter knife and removed as much crap as possible. Then I put it in a jar full of spring water and stuck it in the fridge. I left it in there for maybe 32 hours, i know i left it in there for too long... didn't have time to do it earlier =( so you think the cake will be alright still after a 32 hour dunk?? After i removed the cake from the jar i rinsed it with tap water and rubbed the surface with my fingers to remove excess blue colored debris. I don't think this is any kind of bad contamination, prolly just bruised mycleum? sorry don't have any pics. After that I rolled the cake on vermiculite and then placed the cake in my fruiting chamber. Basically i'm just interested as to what people think about the whole process.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Second Flush Dunk and Roll Questions BRF Cake [Re: DK1]
    #3430457 - 12/01/04 12:56 AM (12 years, 5 days ago)

Whenever you cut something off a cake or scape (things of that nature), it's always a good idea to use a sharp un-serrated knife. It'll make a nice clean cut and you're less likely to bruise the cake. Sounds fine but yeah 32hours? Yes, that is a bit much. I think it'll be fine if you give it optimal conditions for fruiting. The bluish is probably bruising from when you picked off all the mushrooms. The purple sounds like spores. If it grows, it's a contam, If it doesn't really grow and is just kind of There, then it's usually nothing, either spore droppings or just bruising, Gl and post some pics when you get a camera and show us ur yields, lol
Later

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation