Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: The Doors

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Is it better to trip or not?
    #3430361 - 12/01/04 12:35 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I'm kind of on the fence right now thinking if I am better off having used psychedelics. I feel I am a better person with more insight, but more confused and a kind of struggle with all of it being overwhelming and making life seem meaningless.

Obviously most people on here are because they like tripping, but I'm not sure if it's good or not. Do you think everyone should trip, or not, and why? Is ignorance bliss, or is it better to live with eyes open?

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: Is it better to trip or not? [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3430466 - 12/01/04 12:59 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I don't think everyone should trip, but I think everyone should expand their minds. Whether they can benefit from psychedelics or not depends upon their current state of development. For some it can be very helpful if they have already been opening up on their own. For others it can shock them and the back blast actually makes their minds contract in fear.

I'm also of the belief that it's necessary to spend time digesting the lessons from each trip before plunging into the next one. That process can take weeks to years depending on the lesson and the individual concerned.

Ignorance can be bliss in the sense that you have more company, but to be a responsible human being you have to fulfill your potential or you won't be happy in the long run.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

Re: Is it better to trip or not? [Re: Jellric]
    #3430684 - 12/01/04 01:44 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

not everyone can handle it.and there are a good percentage of the trippers in the world are just dumbfuck raver,"goth" ect,ect kids who take nothing out of it but seeing"cool colores" and being able to say they do acid,those lilttle fucks shouldn't use any psycodelics,they make us responsible pychonauts look bad. theres alot more to this but im kinda tired, i'll finish later.....

:pirate:

--------------------

Offlinejent
enchanted wizardof rhythm
Re: Is it better to trip or not? [Re: CaptainH13]
    #3432677 - 12/01/04 02:34 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I have experinced things that I never thought even possible, things you can not describe. I never regret tripping, i am wiser. I think it is important to learn and expand your mind. That is what being alive is all about. Also you can't deside if ignorant bliss is better or searching for anwsers, and expanding your mind. Well I have to ask you does it matter asking that question because after tripping you know there is more out there, so you can never go back to that ignorant bliss you once had. Not that that is a bad thing. Just why ask what you can't change?

--------------------
the jent

Offlinedeff
lovelightbliss
 User Gallery

Loc: all this Flag
Re: Is it better to trip or not? [Re: jent]
    #3432680 - 12/01/04 02:35 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

whatever floats your boat :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #3433015 - 12/01/04 04:05 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Psychedelics are a bit like the red pill in the Matrix. They can show you a world you've never seen before, but you won't necessarily like what you see. Personally, I'm very glad for having done pschedelics. I used to get so depressed all the time, but psychedelics have really opened my eyes and helped me see how beautiful the world really is.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

Re: Is it better to trip or not? [Re: deff]
    #3433033 - 12/01/04 04:09 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

deff said:
whatever floats your boat :smile:

:thumbup: agreed

but to be a little more specific...
Tripping is an act that is neither inhernently good, nor inherently bad.
Some people can learn a great deal during their trips, and what you learn you may not like.
So, it is up to the individual.
Will the individual confront the truth?
Or will he allow his life to be as is?
Neither is inherently wrong.
Neither is inherently right.
We all walk different paths, but arrive at the same destination, death.
So, do you, the individual, feel that the path you took was the path that suited you?
For me, psychedelics are part of the path I walk.
And for every positive experience to come out of this path there has been a negative.
And the negatives that come from psychedelics can be profound.
But there is no alternative for me.
For someone who seeks the truth, there is only exploration.
And those who seek the truth must confront the fact that they are most unlikely to find that truth.
For someone who seeks satisfaction in this realm, the search is often far too infuriating a process.
But look at the Buddha.
For all his hardships he reached enlightenment.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Is it better to trip or not? [Re: jux]
    #3433742 - 12/01/04 06:37 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Make sure your motives are good for either decision.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3433834 - 12/01/04 06:55 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Divided_Sky said:
I'm kind of on the fence right now thinking if I am better off having used psychedelics. I feel I am a better person with more insight, but more confused and a kind of struggle with all of it being overwhelming and making life seem meaningless.

Obviously most people on here are because they like tripping, but I'm not sure if it's good or not. Do you think everyone should trip, or not, and why? Is ignorance bliss, or is it better to live with eyes open?

I suggest that you develop a prayer life.

While I still trip from time to time it is purely for recreation.

The answers to life's questions can not be found in a drug. They can only be found with deep in site and the development of a inner peace.

You do not have to believe in any one religious group doctrine. Or state any silly declaration before men.

You go into a private area and talk to the walls out loud. You find calmness in yourself.

Reading the Bible does not have to be a signing of the Christian,Jewish, Hebrew, Buddha Etc......"I just joined a Club book".

While I have not read too many other teaching other than Jesus. I do know that there is much Wisdom to be found in many written books. Pick one and read :thumbup: At least an hour every day

I think you should find what you are comfortable with and get to know God. He will fill you full of peace and Joy far past what any Man or Drug can.

God can be your best friend on a deserted island with no books. He will answer your questions and fill your life.

But you must seek him and become sensitive to his voice

Good luck friend :grin:

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

OfflinePeyoteZen
Save The Republic
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Again!
Re: Is it better to trip or not? [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3434199 - 12/01/04 08:27 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I'm forever grateful that i found psychedelics. They truly opened the doors for me.
But its all about how YOU respond to it. Psychedelics give ya' a push. But its up to the individual to do the steering

--------------------

Edited by PeyoteZen (12/01/04 08:28 PM)

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
Re: Is it better to trip or not? [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3434224 - 12/01/04 08:31 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Fucknuckle said:
Quote:

Divided_Sky said:

I suggest that you develop a prayer life.

While I still trip from time to time it is purely for recreation.

The answers to life's questions can not be found in a drug. They can only be found with deep in site and the development of a inner peace.

You do not have to believe in any one religious group doctrine. Or state any silly declaration before men.

You go into a private area and talk to the walls out loud. You find calmness in yourself.

Reading the Bible does not have to be a signing of the Christian,Jewish, Hebrew, Buddha Etc......"I just joined a Club book".

While I have not read too many other teaching other than Jesus. I do know that there is much Wisdom to be found in many written books. Pick one and read :thumbup: At least an hour every day

I think you should find what you are comfortable with and get to know God. He will fill you full of peace and Joy far past what any Man or Drug can.

God can be your best friend on a deserted island with no books. He will answer your questions and fill your life.

But you must seek him and become sensitive to his voice

Good luck friend :grin:

--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: Is it better to trip or not? [Re: PeyoteZen]
    #3434270 - 12/01/04 08:40 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

PeyoteZen said:
I'm forever grateful that i found psychedelics. They truly opened the doors for me.
But its all about how YOU respond to it. Psychedelics give ya' a push. But its up to the individual to do the steering

Yes I also felt that same way until I truly seen and felt God presence in my life and heart.

And know that I know the difference. I know the difference

Question have you truly found God and have him show you his ways and his heart?

If not then you have nothing to compare trips on drugs too. You would be making a very biased statement.

Drugs have absolutely nothing on the soul of God living in your heart.

Drugs can not show you the truth only God can.

of course this is my experience

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #3434304 - 12/01/04 08:48 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

i don't think confusion is a bad thing at all. if you are confused then at least you have admitted in some form that you don't know everything. I feel that's a great thing!

what you like and don't like is up to you and has no bearing on reality itself.

It depends on the person whether or not psychedelics is "good" or "bad" even if the experience was a harsh one, a positive can still always be the end result, it's up to you and your ego.

if you feel that you are better as a person then I feel that's very cool! kudos to you! using drugs to better yourself is awesome and its something not many people do.

is ignorance bliss? does a person who ignores reality really blissful?

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Offlinejent
enchanted wizardof rhythm
Re: Is it better to trip or not? [Re: kaiowas]
    #3434597 - 12/01/04 09:56 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

kaiowas said:
i don't think confusion is a bad thing at all. if you are confused then at least you have admitted in some form that you don't know everything. I feel that's a great thing!

WOW! I have never thought of that, that is a really cool statment. I may be slow and you are all just like what an idiot, but really. That is an amazing statment right there. At one point in my life (yes it was before drugs but that may be regardless) I thought I did have a pretty good grasp on everything. I did not exactly think I knew it all but...well I just thought I had a better grasp on things than I do now. Does that mean that I am farther than a truth? What is the truth? Maybe you have to have those changes to find truth? It is all a journy. Nothing to the topic to add I just had to comment on that post. Sorry to ramble on

--------------------
the jent

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: The Doors

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology