Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShroomyTunes
psychedeliac

Loc: Ontario
Virgin to Drugs Doing Shrooms
    #3424556 - 11/29/04 06:48 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I myself am no virgin to drugs. I've done many many substances at very high doses over the last few years...my girlfriend, on the other hand,has never touched any drug. (this includes alcohol). She has been sober for her whole life. After listening to my talking about drugs she has become interested in mushrooms, but nothing else. she doesnt want to smoke weed or nothing like that. But she is interested in tripping on shrooms. Would this be OK if she had her first non-sober experience with something like shrooms?? (i was thinking 2 grams)

thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewzombie05
wz

Re: Virgin to Drugs Doing Shrooms [Re: ShroomyTunes]
    #3424575 - 11/29/04 06:51 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

hell yea!! should be fun to watch her trippin also, just keen an eye on her and have fun!!!

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #3424585 - 11/29/04 06:53 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well you obviously have to make the final decision, but personally, I believe mushrooms are a fine substance to start out on, provided the user is well educated on the effects and possibilities, there is a sober and experienced sitter nearby, and that the dose isn't too large.

Also, make sure she isn't on any meds and doesn't have any conditions that could be dangerous.

If you have nitrous or something, it's a fast acting substance that may help her have a short psychedelic experience, so at least she has some idea what she's in for.

I'm sure this is redundant, but better safe than sorry :smile:

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

#3424590 - 11/29/04 06:54 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

it can be done.......could swing anyway though without proper experince,which she doesn't have she most likely won't be able to control the trip.....so you just gotta hope it'll swing to the good side of things

--------------------

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #3424635 - 11/29/04 07:01 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I would start her with a low dose and work up.

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#3424703 - 11/29/04 07:15 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I would never give a drug virgin(DV) mushrooms.
The risk of a bad trip is fairly high for mushrooms.
The DV, having never alter their consiousness, would have a difficult time with a psychedelic as confusing as mushrooms.
Having never altered one's consciousness, the extreme experience of mushrooms could be overwhelming.
This heightens the risk of a bad trip severly.
Also, four hours is a long time to trip for someone whom is used to only a single state of mind (sober).
Even though I consider myself to be an intrepid psychonaut, my first brush with mushrooms was far more than I thought it would be.
I had myself a great time, but I attribute my ability to enjoy that first trip to my long history of substance use.
Without experience, I doubt I would have handled the mind-fuck fungus very well.

I say, just make her smoke weed till she starts tripping :smile:

--------------------

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Virgin to Drugs Doing Shrooms [Re: jux]
    #3424750 - 11/29/04 07:23 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Weed or ecstacy first. Maybe some San Pedro.

I damn near went nuts the first time I smoked pot. I took two big bong rips and started pacing around saying that I couldn't think, I felt cold, couldn't stop shaking and needed a doctor. I calmed down, but the next day I was convinced that marijuana was pure madness and there was a damn good reason it was illegal.

Had it been shrooms...yeah.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3424771 - 11/29/04 07:26 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

My husband's first drug ever was mushrooms. It turned out great.

However, he has a very easy-going personality.

InvisibleYrtlzmo
Female
. [Re: ShroomyTunes]
    #3424863 - 11/29/04 07:38 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Edited by Yrtlzmo (02/03/13 12:28 PM)

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: Virgin to Drugs Doing Shrooms [Re: Yrtlzmo]
    #3425170 - 11/29/04 08:27 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yea, I think if you gave her 2 grams dried, she should be fine.

Before trying mushrooms, I was already very experienced with marijuana and alcohol.

The first time I shroomed, I thought it would be like being really, really, stoned except you hallucinate and laugh alot.

I was completely wrong, and I had a very interesting experience. I experienced both euphoria and complete utter madness...

Basicaly, I went into my first shroom experience knowing nothing about it, and I freaked out. My point is that even with experience with bud and alcohol, these drugs will not prepare you for the mushroom experience. I think that if your girlfriend just does her research, knows what shes putting into her body, and reads alot of trip reports she should be fine, probably even better off than me!

So I say tell your GF to go for it!!

She will be fine aslong as she does her research. Also, I gave my little cousin a couple grams of shrooms over the weekend, and he loved them!! He did alot of research and read alot of trip reports, and when I asked him "You wanna do this, man?". He said, "yes, I couldn't be more prepared." And that is the fuckin truth, experience with milder drugs will not prepare you for shrooms.

Only YOU can prepare yourself for shrooms.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

OfflineShroomyTunes
psychedeliac

Re: Virgin to Drugs Doing Shrooms [Re: Ginseng1]
    #3425298 - 11/29/04 08:56 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for the reply's.
I think ginseng is right, no other lighter drug like weed, alc, E, would really prepare one for mushrooms. It's way to different of an experience.
During the trip it would just be me and her and we have an excellent relationship and she's very easy-going so i think i'll have no problem assisting her in having a wonderful trip.

thanks again.

OfflineLMX47
Stranger
Re: Virgin to Drugs Doing Shrooms [Re: Ginseng1]
    #3425336 - 11/29/04 09:04 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I once had a friend who had never done any drugs before with the exception of alcole, but that is not even in the same ball park as hallucinogens, and he had a terrible time. However he changes his mind, opinion, and mood more than his underpants. Another friend I have is very self conscious and also had a terrible experience where he stayed in a shower for 4 hours. These two people are the only two people I have seen have a TERRIBLY adverse reaction the shrooms and there is defiantly some thing different, in a I'm not so sure if myself kind of way, in their heads from the countless others Ive experienced these magical delicacies with who have had wonderful times and at worst people just seem a little overwhelmed with anxiety. If she seems stable and has done her home work on what the experience is like than I would say she is ready. There is nothing short of actually doing them that can prepare for the experience of a life time.

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
    #3425392 - 11/29/04 09:16 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

my first drug with the exception of drinking a couple of times was shroom tea. I was 12. It wasn't by choice in that I didn't have any idea what I was taking, so it was a very intense and scary experience. If you are there and she is made aware of what to expect, it should be okay and probably a good experience for her and you. Keep the dose low though. I see no reason to start off with other drugs though.

OfflineDadeMurphy
H4x0r

#3425489 - 11/29/04 09:47 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Should be fun but I wouldn't even give her 2 grams...maybe 1.5.
Like everyone else said:
She definately has to know what to expect. Especially she needs to understand how psychedelics respond to what she chooses to feel/think, so that she is able to stay in control/having a good time. Exlain that once she is tripping, she has to stick with it and not decide that she doesn't want to be under the influence. And make sure she has no fears about being caught, or dying on it, or going crazy or anything. As long as she's rational and comfortable, and she has an idea of what she's getting into, and you are there to make sure she feels okay, it should be amazing. Good Luck!

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------

OfflineHijinx_Spike
JourneyMan

#3425709 - 11/29/04 10:45 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I had a friend who lead the same life, sober and never got drunk or high. Me and 4 of my friends were hanging out and crashing at this house, we each ate an 1/8 except my one friend who was just there to hang out and play halo and stay sober. Without any of us asking he came up and asked to get an 1/8. We said sure and he ate it all in 5 min. One hour later he couldnt stop smiling. When we lite up a few bowls he jumped right in and helped himself to a good deal of alcohol later in the night. He had an awesome time and wanted to take shrooms every weekend. He understood finally one of the reasons we take shrooms : )

--------------------
Never pass up a good time.

OfflineNynex
Stranger
Re: Virgin to Drugs Doing Shrooms [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3425770 - 11/29/04 10:58 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Divided_Sky said:
Weed or ecstacy first.

ecstacy is bad news for a virgin to drugs...real bad..think of it this way you are giving someone a drug that in all likely hood is not pure MDMA and probably has some cocaine or some weird drug in it...you have her life in your hands when you give her that drug...just give her some pot...alot of pot.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Virgin to Drugs Doing Shrooms [Re: Nynex]
    #3425986 - 11/29/04 11:49 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Theres not typically coke in ecstacy. But, its true, there can be other shit in there definately. I've not done it but from what I've heard the comedown can be lousy as hell.

MDMA sounds like a great time and all, don't get me wrong. But, while it might be fun, will it really come close to preparing you for a mushroom trip?

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

InvisiblePsilostylin
Captain Save Em'
Loc: New Orleans!
Re: Virgin to Drugs Doing Shrooms [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3426377 - 11/30/04 01:17 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

start off on a low dose. something like 1gram. yeah, i know, 1g won't do much to most of us, but keep in mind that she has never been under the influence before. shit, i remember the first time i smoked WEED and it was pretty heavy. a gram and some positive guidence from someone you're close to would most probably yield a great night. tripping can be scary your first time, even if you're heavily experienced with other substances. a trip is like nothing else. hope things go well :smile:

peace and love

OfflineShroomyTunes
psychedeliac

Re: Virgin to Drugs Doing Shrooms [Re: Psilostylin]
    #3428537 - 11/30/04 03:54 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I was talking to my girlfriend again today and she is having second thoughts about this. I figure that if she isnt up for it 100% then thats gonna be a bad trip....better to wait.

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #3430108 - 11/30/04 09:36 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i don't know if i could handle my first non sober experience if it was on mushrooms, i barely handled a couple bowls of weed. yeah, i'd start her on a 1.5 dry gram dose.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order