Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineorganichunter
Stranger
Desert locale and casing moisture/spraying questions...
    #3429530 - 11/30/04 09:10 PM (12 years, 9 days ago)

I've been gone for a while, but I'm following up on a "casing moisture" question my buddy has.

He's got a beautifully colonized, large popcorn casing, and he's really concerned about the moisture level in his dry desert locale. He does not have any automated misting/humidity system so he's doing it by hand with a sprayer.

1. Each day he checks the casing, the surface looks dry. Should he be misting it regularly to keep the surface looking moist, not soaked though?

2. Right before he birthed the casing, he had nice fluffy rhizo growth all over. Now after misting a bit, the fluffiness has layed down and continued it's growth. This is the normal chain of events right? The rhizo growth is not supposed to stay dry and fluffy right?
He's keeping a good eye on this casing as this will be his largest yeild yet.

Fellow cultivators please comment on these questions and thanks for the support.

OH

--------------------
My other home is in Thailand...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Re: Desert locale and casing moisture/spraying questions... [Re: organichunter]
    #3430194 - 11/30/04 11:54 PM (12 years, 9 days ago)

i think you are confusing rhizomorphic growth and tomatose(sp) growth, rhizo looks like a bunch of strands of white thread streching like superhighways up from the casing layer and away from its point of origin.

and you should try to keep the casing layer at a water content that makes the surface just begin to glisten under the light. try not to spray directly onto the fresh myc, but its really unavoidable, so dont worry about it, its more important that the casing layer stay moist then the mycellium remain in perfect condition.

oh yes, its normal for myc to become less fluffy after you let water particles rest on it, i think it basically drowns it... not positive, i know its no good regardless of how it kills it.

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation