Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleplura16
ROM3/10 SOLID

Loc: U.S.A.
syrian rue extraction
    #2252193 - 01/19/04 06:29 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

p. harmala -- wanted to try an extraction, and glad someone did.

Crushing/grinding the seeds is quite a task without any electrical apparatus, and the seed had to take a long hard beating by the hammer -- pulverizing and pestle style grinding on the floors.

Once a desired consistency had been reached, 10grams of processed rue was added to a container, along with 3x its volume of vinegar water. Then the mixture was brought to just under a boil riding in a pot of water with canning jar lids on the bottom to keep the glass off the bottom.(double boiler style)

Removed from heat, and filtered. This process was repeated 3 times, each time using slightly less water.

To the final 140ml or so of collected filtered solution, 6.5-7.2grams of salt was added, and the mixture put into the cooler.

4-5 hours later, there was a brown sludge collecting on the bottom of the beaker. The top liquid was removed with a long pipette, and the sludge was removed with a knife tip, then put on a glass plate to dry. It looked very shiny and crystally. Dried for a few hours, and scraped to yield .3grams of harmala extract powder.

The liquid was returned to the original container, put back in the cooler, then a pinch of salt was added. The above siphon process repeated again, and the sludge sits on a new glass plate drying.(it was noted that this time - one could see long thin growths reaching like rhizomorphs on the sides of the container. -- presumed to be salt)

Liquid was again returned to the cooler, with a further pinch of salt - someone knows theres more alks left due to the heavy heavy glow of the extract under the blacklight. ( however it is said that the seed carries 4% Harmine by weight, and someone thinks they are just at around that mark by dry extracted weight by now - so there must be an amount of other things present -- not much -- but some.)

--The whole time, a small 6inch DC black light was used to inspect the mixture, and the surrounding area -- man the extract glows -- and glows HARD. It glows so hard, that it gave someone a complex - since they could see it on all the working area surfaces.

Througout the process, the mixture was tasted, etc.. blacklight revealed this, and hands, arms, and mouth, face were all glowing profusely. Especially someones lips and mouth innerds.. heh

With a taste of the powder on the tongue, then drank a whole 12 oz soda, rinsed mouth, then touched tongue to arm, checked with blacklight, and the tongue left a stain. In other words, this stuff has some serious staying power -- even after a soda and rinse of the mouth.

After much play with the glowing substance, someone thinks that they will try and test just how long it can last -- and possibly try and incorporate some of it into some type of stamper ink -- for hand stamping at parties and such -- after all -- theres a LOT of glowing liquid left.. try it -- you'll see -- this stuff will not stop glowing -- and will NOT go away! In the 2nd pic from the top -- you can see the best pic someone could get of the glow -- the whole thing glows heavily -- not just the top -- thats just how the pic came out.

-------------------
Almost half of the powder was smoked -- in like 4-5 bong hits. it burned well, and pretty completely.

Within 10-15 minutes the extract could be felt. At first, like a light headedness was expierienced.. then it just seemed to be like someone went into their own world, while getting some surfing time in waiting to feel the effects which were almost unknowingly already there.

A girl raised her voice, she knew someone had smoked rue, and it really antagonized someone -- they scolded here -- for raising her voice like that and directing it this way -- what the fuck is her problem... etc..
She was purposefully disturbing someones trip - it was like someone didnt wanna be bothered... almost felt like someone had done too much blow and was like all paranoid wanna be alone type of thing..

Its odd though - that its hard to describe what was felt -- it was definately there, and will most definately do it again -- its mild feeling on top -- but inside -- shit is happening. After a few hours, a headache was happening...

all and all -- good stuff -- as a matter of fact - theres another amount being readied for extraction right now--

peace

--------------------

- USA -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRemut
Green Thumb
Re: syrian rue extraction [Re: plura16]
    #2252221 - 01/19/04 07:16 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Wow good job 10 grams of rue into .3 That 33 times for powerfull that the plane rue.

My extraxtion were done but the best i got was a x4 extract. I got to Try.
When the black light was shown on the mixture you just took the glowing sludge? and dryed it to the .3 grams powder?

--------------------
DO what I Would

Edited by Remut (01/19/04 07:23 AM)

Invisibleplura16
ROM3/10 SOLID

Re: syrian rue extraction [Re: Remut]
    #2252233 - 01/19/04 07:35 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

no -- the blacklight picture is a bit confusing -- you only really see the glowing top layer - since it was taken in daylight -- and with a tiny 6 inch DC blacklight -- the light wasnt that powerfull -- so you cant tell that the whole liquid glows profusely.

The sludge that was taken had precipitated out of the whole mixture, and rested on the bottom.

Once the blacklight was applied to the sludge -- all the pieces glowed orange -- not green - like the small amounts of surrounding liquid.

Upload limit was hit -- theres more pics but they have to wait.

Just scraped the 2nd plate of precip -- and it looks like theres another .2grams had. Also checked in on the container in the cooler -- and its already got what looks to be like .05grams in it.

So -- in the end -- most likely there will have been a total of a half gram or so -- just around .1gram above what would be the total weight of pure harmine involved in the 10 grams of seed.

Pretty good deal. Gonna get a qupe or so of rue -- so theres enough to do further extractions on and get a near pure form of harmine.

In the end -- the liquid still glows heavily.

peace

OfflineRemut
Green Thumb
    #2252343 - 01/19/04 09:30 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I was reading some other extraction and when the flitered brew(+salt) is placed in the freezer the harmala collects on the bottom the liquit is removed from the top and the bottom sludge is let to dry up and you have crude harmala.

So are what did you filtered the sluge with?

--------------------
DO what I Would

Invisibleplura16
ROM3/10 SOLID

Re: syrian rue extraction [Re: Remut]
    #2252360 - 01/19/04 09:37 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

thats exactly the method someone used. except -- someone used the fridge instead of the freezer -- which is not necessairy.

someone siphoned off the liquids, and collected the sludge from the bottom - as described above.

someone did not filter the sludge -- which is pretty much almost pure harmine - just let it dry on the plate and scraped.

peace

--------------------

- USA -

Invisiblejoe_millionaire
Lifelong Student

#2254607 - 01/19/04 10:37 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i'm glad someone enjoyed their trip. and that someone was not me. too much work imo. i'm sure someone would have ground the rue for you plura! someone down here has a coffee grinder!

--------------------
"Ekam Sat Vipras Bahudda Vidante"
The One Truth is named by the wise in many ways.

Invisibleplura16
ROM3/10 SOLID

Re: syrian rue extraction [Re: joe_millionaire]
    #2255195 - 01/20/04 05:40 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

hehehe -- grinding that rue is a bitch -- someone has had a new batch of it sitting in a bag ready to be pulverized since the above extraction -- the whole thing on hold due to rue grinding fears..

note: really looking forward to doing testing with the "glowability" of the rue. the 250ml jar that was used for the original extraction was emptied, and dried. only a thin film of juice was left over in it about halfway up the sides.

after it was rinsed in a sink of soapy dishwater, the blacklight revealed the whole sink(with about 3-4 gallons of water in it) glowed profusely!!

someone loves this shit!! willing to bet it makes kickass paint and stamper ink - longetivity has thus far seemed killa - and potency ultra high.

peace

--------------------

- USA -

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #2255246 - 01/20/04 06:37 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

you seem to have been smoking the HCl salt...
a freebase powder can be prepped by dissolving the HCl salt in warm dH2O & adding laundry ammonia (nonsudsing, unscented) until precipitation ceases... filter the solids, rinse with icewater & then dry --- the powder is freebase harmine & harmaline (& smokes much easier than the HCl salt :wink: ...)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: syrian rue extraction [Re: gnrm23]
    #2255571 - 01/20/04 09:25 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

that's a very good tip Gnrm23! 5 shrooms to you (and the maker of this post) :thumbup:

Invisibleperuvian spark
Stranger

#2255788 - 01/20/04 10:47 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

It'll make your pee glow too! :wink:
edit- For two days!!

--------------------
"The only unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain and everything is changeable."

Edited by peruvian spark (01/20/04 10:49 AM)

Invisibleplura16
ROM3/10 SOLID

Re: syrian rue extraction [Re: gnrm23]
    #2256819 - 01/20/04 04:55 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

yes, you are right -- someone was smoking the salts -- but they said it burned very easily -- going to try the base

now -- when they say add till precip halts -- someone just added, then extracted(the salt from the rest of the solution) -- then added again - extracted-- etc
is this the process?(of adding till it halts) or is it to add, wait for the precip to slow - then add, wait -- etc...

peruvian -- someone will have to test those aspects(glowpee) -- but from what they have seen -- this is highly believable.

p. harmala is very interesting, unique, and rewarding material to play with.

peace

--------------------

- USA -

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
    #2257040 - 01/20/04 06:02 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I always end up with a noticeable amount of salt in my final product when I do it like that. The goods aren't soluable at all in nonpolar solvents. So I washed the rue with naptha a couple of times. Now I'm taking the goods out with some isopro. I evaporated the first extraction and it is noticably cleaner than previous attemps with just ispro and denatured alcohol. Just thought I'd trow that in there.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

Invisibleplura16
ROM3/10 SOLID

Re: syrian rue extraction [Re: mr_minds_eye]
    #2257057 - 01/20/04 06:11 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

someone isint talking about table salt -- talking about the alk salt. ( sorry if thats an insult -- just wanted to make clear..)

if your getting mad actual salt in the final product -- maybe run it again -- OR -- use the freezer -- this is purported to keep the table salt from crashing out so bad..

personally -- someone cannot taste ANY salt in the final product.

can you post your complete method?

peace

ohh -- btw -- the shit does make your piss glow -- someone held the light next to the stream -- boom -- instant light --

the bowl was also glowing hard. all that was had as far as oral goes(yesterday) was just finger licking -- but a good amount was smoked .

peace

--------------------

- USA -

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
    #2262342 - 01/22/04 08:54 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

The first time I did it I just used a shitload of salt, the second time I didn't use enough. And you could taste salt in the final product. I'm sure it takes a considerable amount to conflict with that horrid alkaloid taste too.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

Offlinestefan
work in progress

#3428154 - 11/30/04 02:38 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I ordered crushed rue so I'm going to try this soon :laugh:

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

Re: syrian rue extraction [Re: stefan]
    #3428221 - 11/30/04 02:52 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I love when people drag up these old, quality threads. Good luck stephan. I did a similar extraction back in the spring and got a very good, though seemingly less pure, product. It really is fairly simple.

--------------------

Without love in the dream
It will never come true

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
    #3428579 - 11/30/04 04:03 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Me too, once i have some free time. A friend sent me a few dozen grams straight from Turkey :grin:.

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Re: syrian rue extraction [Re: Hooty]
    #3441031 - 12/03/04 05:05 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

today I got 50g powdered rue and some HBWR seeds in the mail.
I'll keep you guys updated on the extraction.

and for those seeds: I'm gonna eat those tonight :laugh:

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
    #3441980 - 12/03/04 11:37 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Thats a good maoi so be careful about what you eat and particularly any medications or other drugs you take. It will make shrooms, mesc and a number of things more powerful to the point that a normal dose of those things will be an overdose if you use them with rue or the extract. You can also eat your extract. Good job on the extract and photos.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: syrian rue extraction [Re: Stonehenge]
    #3443736 - 12/03/04 08:36 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag