Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinealisia
Stranger
Idea for a punching bag tek
    #3428314 - 11/30/04 03:12 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i was looking at posts like the straw logs and straw balls and so on. Also saw poeple growing mushrooms in a luandry basket and go t to thinking about a way i can do many of these in my new martha setup.

well the idea what i came up with is to use this plastic super thin netting you can get at harware store and spawn the myc to staw in it in layer pulling up the sides of the plastic netting sheet and pinning it all at the top.

so what you end up with is a ball of spawned straw that looks much like those punching bas boxers use. Then after its colonized. Undo it. Roll in verm/coir casing and redo it up. Then when its ready to fruit you can tie it up and hand it in a martha.

*shrug* somthin im gonna try seeing itll cost about 2 bux for the thin netting like material that can be used over and over.

What i think would work out well for this is that when picking the shrooms off it it wouldnt pull off any casing. And itd be easy to dunk. Also dont take up much room as you could hang them at differant hieghts. Shrug... any thoughts?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEuphoricDisaster
CultivationProdigy

Loc: Where the good times roll...
Re: Idea for a punching bag tek [Re: alisia]
    #3429687 - 11/30/04 08:02 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Keep us updated!!! Good Luck.

--------------------

-------------------------------------------------
Prying open My "Third Eye"--Bill Hicks, Also Tool

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Re: Idea for a punching bag tek [Re: alisia]
    #3430170 - 11/30/04 09:48 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

dont forget that anything > 12" thick log hurts more then it helps.

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Idea for a punching bag tek [Re: amyloid]
    #3430661 - 11/30/04 11:39 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Sounds like a good idea for outdoor growing to me. GL

OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
Re: Idea for a punching bag tek [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3432491 - 12/01/04 11:46 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Search mycotopia for the septic tank liner tek. Someone there used it with straw with great results. It comes in 10" diameter, it's cheap, and pins grow right through it.

AFOAF's never tried it, but it sounds like what you're looking for.

--------------------
"A nation's hope of lasting peace cannot be firmly based upon any race in armaments but rather upon just relations and honest understanding with all other nations...

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed... The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. We pay for a single fighter with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people..."

President Dwight Eisenhower, 1953

Offlinespliffmasta
Fuzzy thumb
Loc: Casing layer of hell
Re: Idea for a punching bag tek [Re: Tantalus]
    #3432513 - 12/01/04 11:53 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Sounds a little unnecessary to me. A martha with each shelf supporting one large single bulk tray sounds more attractive.

OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
Re: Idea for a punching bag tek [Re: spliffmasta]
    #3432684 - 12/01/04 12:36 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I agree, but that's a completely different tek than the one asked about.

OTOH, the straw logs pin on it's entire surface, and done the way I described, the straw is never exposed after spawning so contam risk is much lower.  (Since the pins grow through the septic tank material, which is non-nutritative.)  If AFOAF was going to just work with staw, he'd definitely try this... he likes his compost though.  :smile:

--------------------
"A nation's hope of lasting peace cannot be firmly based upon any race in armaments but rather upon just relations and honest understanding with all other nations...

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed... The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. We pay for a single fighter with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people..."

President Dwight Eisenhower, 1953

Offlineprophesee
Stranger
Re: Idea for a punching bag tek [Re: Tantalus]
    #3432861 - 12/01/04 01:24 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yeh that is def a good idea imho.  Keep up the good work :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates