Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Perlite, Pressure Cooker

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSpiderJerusalem
Stranger
Opinions on terrariums
    #3427746 - 11/30/04 02:48 PM (12 years, 7 days ago)

I have searched through most of the teks, and they are well and good. Now I want some opinions. I am starting growing again after a goood 4 year break. I used to use a styrofoam cooler with plexi glass lid, and perelite at the bottom to grow cakes. This will start with one terrarium but hope to up the project to grow more. In al your shroomery knowledge guys, what is, in your opinion, the best yet least complicated terrarium setup I should use. I plan to try casing and more complex techniques once I get off my feet, but for now I am jst using PF cakes.

Another Q: how can I recycle my jars after birthing. I use the boil in a pot method for sterilization (no pressure cooker).

And I did try to search the forums.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefloydguitar
smooth guitarist

Re: Opinions on terrariums [Re: SpiderJerusalem]
    #3427762 - 11/30/04 02:53 PM (12 years, 7 days ago)

the perlite is the easiest way but i do like the martha setup. i usually just wash out the jars with antibacterial soap real good and always seemed fine. peace.

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #3427801 - 11/30/04 03:01 PM (12 years, 7 days ago)

Fish tanks with Lexan lids ! :thumbup:

This set up can be expanded to work with a 50 gal tank or several 10 gal tanks , not complicated , easy to clean .....

To clean used jars ...
Put in sink with hot water add bleach (2% mix) let soak for 20 min scrub with green weenie , rinse well , dry , and walllaaa ready for use again and sterile .
Good Luck and welcome back !

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Edited by tripndicular (11/30/04 03:04 PM)

Offlinespliffmasta
Fuzzy thumb
Loc: Casing layer of hell
Re: Opinions on terrariums [Re: tripndicular]
    #3427816 - 11/30/04 03:06 PM (12 years, 7 days ago)

PMP

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: Opinions on terrariums [Re: spliffmasta]
    #3427860 - 11/30/04 03:18 PM (12 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

spliffmasta said:
PMP

?????????
Pump ????? One that works on 80 gal tank and has adjustable air flow , cost 20$

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Offlinemushrea
Stranger
Re: Opinions on terrariums [Re: tripndicular]
    #3427903 - 11/30/04 03:31 PM (12 years, 7 days ago)

PMP = Poor Man's Pod

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/1303334/page//fpart/1/vc/1

I'll be building one when it comes time to birth. Easy setup and proven great results!

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #3427938 - 11/30/04 03:38 PM (12 years, 7 days ago)

man, you really need to make a pmp, ive got one. Heres how its set up, i have 2 18 inch bubble wands, hooked up to a Profile 9500 (its a 45 dollar pump, you dont need this big of one). Then i have 3 inches of lava rock at the bottom and 2 inches of water w/ a liberal amount of peroxide in there. I love it, my air pump has adjustable flow. the only thing my pmp is missing is a glory hole to please my dick with! :grin:

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflineMushroomFriend
Vargen ska fanleva!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
    #3428043 - 11/30/04 04:04 PM (12 years, 7 days ago)

For cakes I think the PMP, poor mans pod is a good setup for growing cakes.. Ita a tek from Magash, do a search on PMP and Magash and you get what you need.

EDIT: I was nice and found the thread for you!! :wink: Poormans Pod

EDIT2: LOL I wasnt the only one with PMP advice! :lol:

--------------------

Edited by MushroomFriend (11/30/04 04:11 PM)

Offlinelesstutrey
All Weather Associate
 User Gallery

Loc: Chicagoland
Re: Opinions on terrariums [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3428278 - 11/30/04 05:03 PM (12 years, 7 days ago)

for cakes, simplicity, and just overall being lazy with what you do the PMP is the pretty damn good. You can make one of any size really, no fanning, no spraying, no figuring out timings for ultrasonics etc etc. Most people talk about how they use h2o2 in their PMP water. iodine may cost 10$ for a bottle, but requires only two drops for a gallon (what is that like like 2:1000 ratio.. probably much less) and doesn't degrade. So for something like you are doing with cakes, rock out the pmp. depending on how big you go they can be about 20-100 dollars. for just my pmp it was... lets see.. 40 for pump and bubble wands, 10 for rubermade, 25 for more then enough hydrton. so 75, and i have a 67 gallon, which can house 15-20 cakes with 2" spacing. You could make a one of largest rubbermades into one as well.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Perlite, Pressure Cooker

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation