Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineballs
thats right
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Checkup
    #3427539 - 11/30/04 01:58 PM (12 years, 9 days ago)

I checked my cakes today and noticed that the mycellium has spread a considerable amount since I checked them a few days ago. A few things I have noticed that I need some answeres on:

1.There seems to be a bit of moisture in the jars where the mycellium is colonizing. Is this normal?

2. The red discoloration at the bottom of the one jar has not spread, but I noticed a redish/brownish liquid (only a small amount) on the bottom. 2 days later I check and its gone. The cake seems fine but I will still keep it seperate from the others.

3. Some cakes have no mycellium growing in some of the inoculation sites, while on the other side of the jar is almost covered. Is it just going through a slower process?

Thanks and I hope someone will answer these for me.

Edited by balls (11/30/04 01:59 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblewoodzmun
listening tonature
Re: Checkup [Re: balls]
    #3427565 - 11/30/04 02:05 PM (12 years, 9 days ago)

1.Yes it's normal, no problem
2.If it cleared up it was probably just myc. piss.
3.Sometimes there is no germination in certain inoculation points, not enough spores injected there most likely, has happened to me before, just took longer for colonization but it did happen. All in all I would say you are fine and may patience be your virtue. Good luck.

Offlineballs
thats right
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Checkup [Re: woodzmun]
    #3427578 - 11/30/04 02:09 PM (12 years, 9 days ago)

Oh Im patiently waiting , but I cant wait, its goona be some great times. Thanks

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: Checkup [Re: balls]
    #3427598 - 11/30/04 02:12 PM (12 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

balls said:
I checked my cakes today and noticed that the mycellium has spread a considerable amount since I checked them a few days ago. A few things I have noticed that I need some answeres on:

1.There seems to be a bit of moisture in the jars where the mycellium is colonizing. Is this normal?

2. The red discoloration at the bottom of the one jar has not spread, but I noticed a redish/brownish liquid (only a small amount) on the bottom. 2 days later I check and its gone. The cake seems fine but I will still keep it seperate from the others.

3. Some cakes have no mycellium growing in some of the inoculation sites, while on the other side of the jar is almost covered. Is it just going through a slower process?

Thanks and I hope someone will answer these for me.

1. A little moisture seen is okay , especially near the end of colonization , sometimes a tad yellow .

2. Sounds like a contam to me , do keep it seperated from the rest , be very carefull if giving the sniff test , red is not good , could be lipstick mold very nasty stuff . Colony may have over come it , but I think not its lurking waiting for just the right enviro , like in a grow chamber .

3. One side is more colonized due to uneven inoculation , and or temp variations in the incubator , it should be okay , if it was grai I'd say give it a shake to evenly distibute the myc for a more even colonization .

Good Luck
"May The Mushroom Goddess Bless All Your Endeavors !"

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Invisiblewoodzmun
listening tonature
Re: Checkup [Re: tripndicular]
    #3427611 - 11/30/04 02:15 PM (12 years, 9 days ago)

Yeah I read the brown and not red part, my bad, definatly keep an eye on that jar.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation