Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Peat, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMushroomFriend
Vargen ska fanleva!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
gonna make a poormans casing 2 night
    #3427320 - 11/30/04 12:26 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

Hey my jar of corn with PF classic has now been in incubator for a month. I had the lid tightly covered with alufoil which (I think) was the cause the growth slowed down. I took it away and it grew better. But now I think time has come, 90% of the corns have some mycelium on them, most of them are vovered for more then 50% with myc. I dont wanna wait till contams come so I case it.

And no coir here now, no peat moss either, I crumbled some natural cork (the "shell" from the tree stem) which I had from aquarium period. I mixed that with vermiculite and its in the PC now.
We will see what happens.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: gonna make a poormans casing 2 night [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3427343 - 11/30/04 12:36 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

Not giving myc colony a good strong foot hold (100% colonization) is more likely to invite contams verses waiting ... but oh well !
Cork bark huh...... costs more than coir does it not ? I guess not if you got it laying around . You do not have to case you know ? Just initiate pinning , case is very helpfull , but not a requirement with many species .
Good Luck ?????

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineMushroomFriend
Vargen ska fanleva!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
Re: gonna make a poormans casing 2 night [Re: tripndicular]
    #3427373 - 11/30/04 12:47 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

Yeah but I have the idea that it is not growing further, juts took it out and inside it was a big clump appears that only some of the outside corns werent completely white.

Dont know if it is more expensive, but I had cork bark (that was the word :smile: )  laying around and the next 3 days I must babysit my lovely daughter so I thought just give it a go now.

aaaaa dont have to case? I can just put it in a fruiting jar and place in terrarium?

(thanks 4 ur reaction)

edit: I saved a few corn pieces with myc and will put them in karo! :laugh:

--------------------

Edited by MushroomFriend (11/30/04 12:47 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Peat, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation