Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
Re: Your largest dose? [Re: Ravus]
    #3429403 - 11/30/04 06:38 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

7 dried grams kicked my ass pretty good

and by pretty good i mean very very hard

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: Your largest dose? [Re: Dastoner]
    #3430094 - 11/30/04 09:34 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

a tad under 30 wet grams, which was TONS more potent than the 3.5 dry gram dose i've previously had.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

OfflineLuv_The_Cyans
High as a kite ;)
Male User Gallery

Loc: BC and BCS
Re: Your largest dose? [Re: TODAY]
    #3430458 - 11/30/04 10:56 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i did 17 dry one time....but they were bunk
2 of us ate 5 grms
then like 2 hours later barley anything(shroomy but not forceful at all)
so we ate 3 more
and an hour later still barley even as high as smoking a lot of pot
so the bag had 34 to start
we put the rest in the blender with oj and drank it back
ive gotten higher off of 2 grams b4 though

OfflineDastoner
n00b

Loc: NORTHWEST, USA
Re: Your largest dose? [Re: Luv_The_Cyans]
    #3430496 - 11/30/04 11:08 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

"i did 17 dry one time....but they were bunk"

lol.

--------------------
-------------------------------
I hope this post Helped you.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Your largest dose? [Re: Asante]
    #3430824 - 12/01/04 12:19 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

There are quite some reports of people getting seizures from regular doses of mushrooms all over the shroomery

But how many were genuine physical seizures and how many were just psychosomatic? It's hard to see psilocybin having such a devastating physical effect as it comes 400 places lower in the toxicity list than aspirin.

Psychosomatic illnesses are characterized by symptoms for which no physical cause can be found. People with these disorders are not faking symptoms. They truly believe that they are caused by serious illness.

In conversion disorder, which used to be called hysteria, emotional conflict and extreme stress are unconsciously converted into physical symptoms. Symptoms usually appear as the loss of a physical function. They may include paralysis, seizures, false pregnancy, blindness or the inability to walk or speak. Episodes are usually of sudden onset, brief and may recur. Characteristically, people with conversion disorder do not seem to be appropriately alarmed by their severe symptoms. Conversion disorders usually occur in adolescence or early adulthood. Symptoms may help the person avoid dealing with an internal conflict, avoid a disliked activity or get support from others that he or she might not otherwise receive. They usually disappear when the situation that caused it improves.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: Your largest dose? [Re: Asante]
    #3430965 - 12/01/04 12:56 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I think that it's logic that special caution is indicated in persons who have an epileptic disposition, especially those with a history of Grand Mal seizures. Epileptic people have a higher risk when the play computer games, but a 'normal' person has no risk of getting a seizure from playing a computer game.

I don't think there is any reason to suggest that special caution is needed for persons who have never had an epileptic disposition. Ravus made a good point too; Chinacat told about enormous doses of LSD. I've never heard him about seizures. At least not about life threatening seizures or seizures with brain damage.

I'm looking for a source that shows that non epileptic people can get a Status Epilepticus or Clonic Convulsion from mushrooms.

There's a great difference between muscle contractions and a Status Epilepticus.

Alex123, you make a very good point.

Psychosomatic seizures, also called non-epileptic attacks, resemble the tonic / clonic phases of seizures, but do not actually have the same characteristic changes in brain activity. "People under severe stress will have something that looks like a seizure without demonstrative brain involvement," Azar says. There are four types of non-epileptic attacks, according to the National Society for Epilepsy. Symptoms of panic attacks may include breathing difficulties, palpitations and loss of consciousness. Cut-off or avoidance attacks occur when a person is unable to cope with the emotional stressors or demands of a situation. Abreactive attacks occur as a delayed response to stress, often in conjunction with a diagnosis of post-traumatic stress syndrome. Symptoms may include screaming, crying and flashbacks. Manipulative attacks are used as an attempt to control somebody or something. Possible causes of non-epileptic attacks may include a family history of psychiatric disorders, depression, bereavement or a personal history of physical, emotional or sexual abuse. Epileptic medications are not effective in treating non-epileptic attacks, but treatment with cognitive behavioral therapy is beneficial.

Offlinecandykid420
I'm not a newbie
Re: Your largest dose? [Re: Annom]
    #3433287 - 12/01/04 02:59 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

My highest dose was 11 dry grams. I hated it. I was freaking out the first 2 hours, thinking I had "overdosed". I tried eating food to kill the trip, but everything I tried to eat was morphing and bubblying before my eyes. When I tasted the food it was just gross. I puked up what remained of the mushroom matter, mbut I was still tripping for the remainder of the evening. Horrible experience. I never dose more than 3 grams now

Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Your largest dose? [Re: candykid420]
    #3436113 - 12/02/04 04:49 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

10g dried 31st January this year - spread out over the course an hour.

As it really kicked in I just kept repeating "everything is love is everything is love is everything is love....." over and over again.

At the peak I became a particle of interwoven light beams flying through space towards a giant jellyfish-like structure in space.

On the way down I was told (! by what/who I have no idea) to breathe in sorrow and breathe out love....

My 'reward' was to be bathed in love (like being bathed in light but emotionally) for an eternity.

Had hardly any qualms or worries - but I did smoke one hell of a lot of hash all the way through.

Wouldn't recommend it though - the psychological aspect of this trip was me coming to terms with certain self-destructive elements that were in my character (they've got smaller on the horizon as the year's gone by - thanks to 12 carefully planned trips!) and letting go into experience wasn't a problem for me.

I tend to stick to 5g if I'm tripping with my wife or 2g if I'm doing a solo.

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

OfflineSilven
Male

Loc: El Mexicano
Re: Your largest dose? [Re: theorganicdomino]
    #3436229 - 12/02/04 06:07 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

theorganicdomino wrote:
Quote:

At the peak I became a particle of interwoven light beams flying through space towards a giant jellyfish-like structure in space.

Dude, so that was you I was watching at my peak..  I couldn't see anything but pulsating patterns, well that and I didn't want to open my eyes. :smile:

Nova, how hard was it for you to handle that 420 fresh gram dose?

I didn't hit where I wanted last Saturday, but still had fun.  I'm going to wait a month, pick a perfect day, and eating until I'm full or something.

I can't reach where LSD can take me.  Is it possible on shrooms to feel the power that a 400 ug LSD trip has?  Because I can't seem to do it.

--------------------
What do you bring to the table?

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
Re: Your largest dose? [Re: Silven]
    #3436347 - 12/02/04 07:48 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

"Nova, how hard was it for you to handle that 420 fresh gram dose?"

Once you give yourself over to it, it isn't that hard at all. There was a time when there would have been no way that I could have managed that. I think now that I understand that shrooms can help you and aren't going to hurt you, I can handle it. You have to let go of your fears and inhibitions though, otherwise you're in for a scary fucking trip.

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Your largest dose? [Re: Supernova]
    #3436472 - 12/02/04 08:51 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

General question:
Is there any great difference between 5g and 10g(dried)?

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #3436655 - 12/02/04 09:51 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

There's a point where bigger doses have no effect other than a physical one. The brain only has so many receptors. If you take 30 dried grams your trip isn't going to be massively more intense than 5-10 dried grams. What the maximum dose is to fill up your brain receptors no-one knows but I'd guess somewhere in the 10-15 dried gram range.

The problem with big doses of mushrooms is you know you've taken a big dose so some people will sit there shitting themselves thinking "I've taken a bigger dose, I'm going to trip harder" and sure enough they trip harder through the placebo effect.

Leary used to give people blind doses of LSD and tell them it was 250mikes - he found he could give them enormous doses without them knowing any different providing he told them it was 250 mikes.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
Re: Your largest dose? [Re: Xlea321]
    #3436718 - 12/02/04 10:05 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I've had a definite different reaction to 30 dry grams than 10 dry grams. It may have to do with other chemicals in the shrooms rather than psilocybin. My muscles lock up quite a bit more. The hallucinations are certainly much more intense. I don't know at what point you max out the receptors, but I'm sure there is a point where that is true. I'm just not sure I've reached it. I do agree that with larger doses you don't get a lot more out of it though. The trip does last longer IMO.

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3436737 - 12/02/04 10:13 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for your answer!

Quote:

Leary used to give people blind doses of LSD and tell them it was 250mikes - he found he could give them enormous doses without them knowing any different providing he told them it was 250 mikes.

:laugh: I would love to see more research being done on psychedelics and their effects on people. Will people distinguish between high and low doses or between LSD and mushrooms, or other drugs? I love to see that many things are all in the head, wishfull thinking, placebo, etc.

Edited by Annom (12/03/04 05:31 AM)

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #3440587 - 12/03/04 12:01 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I've had a definite different reaction to 30 dry grams than 10 dry grams

Me too - but it's generally just slightly rougher physically for the first couple of hours. After that it settles down to an ordinary trip. I don't get hallucinations on mushrooms whatever the dose, colours appear slightly brighter and the world appears more "otherwordly" but I don't see things that arn't there.

I don't know at what point you max out the receptors, but I'm sure there is a point where that is true.

Leary found no-one could distuingish an LSD dose after 250-500mikes. I'm not sure what dose of psilocybin would be comparable but I don't think 250 mikes translates into too high a dose of psilocybin.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #3440590 - 12/03/04 12:02 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I would love to see more research being done on psychedelics

We live in hope  :laugh:

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlinetheduck
Stranger
    #3440744 - 12/03/04 12:55 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

8 grams of some cubes. but they were shity. had harder off of 3. someone must have dried them way to hot.

OfflineIr0NLunG68420
BLaZeDuP
 User Gallery

Loc: Tripville
Re: Your largest dose? [Re: theduck]
    #3440795 - 12/03/04 01:11 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

7gramz ground up into powder (some was sliced and put in my mouth like chew right before drink and i sucked out psilly as i drank shake)ice crushed and put in blender with strawberry daiquiri mix. I was trippin hard in 15 minutes flat!

--------------------
"I never meant to give you mushrooms girl, I never meant to bring you to my world, but now you're sitting in the corner crying, and now it's MY FAULT, MY FAULT."
-Eminem-
Second grow log GT & B+
First grow log Mexicub & B+

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
    #3441087 - 12/03/04 06:14 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said:
I would love to see more research being done on psychedelics

We live in hope  :laugh:

ME ME ME!!!! I volunteer for this research!  :grin: :crazy2: :grin:

All this talk about LSD dosing makes me wish for some.  It's been years since I dosed on acid.

Offlineholio1
intense

Loc: toronto son
    #3442763 - 12/03/04 03:28 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i did 60g fresh cubes with 1-2g syrian rue put into tea
too intense on the comedown, wasnt ready for it, but at some point i will return to such a dose
overall not a bad experience, but at the time it was seriously fucked

clearly mind set can alter a doses effects, but i will say that there are surely doses that give a considerably stronger trip than 60g wet

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag