Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebawla47
Stranger
my grow haulted, wtf?
    #3425616 - 11/29/04 10:22 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Im using one of the PF beginer techs(brown rice flour, vermiculite etc)

It seems like my mycelia grow just kinda stopped. What are some posibilities? 1 jar, the substrate(not the mycelia) kinda is faded now, is that from something going bad in the jar, perfectly normal?

heres some info

- my dumbass didnt shake the tube really at all, so in the 4 spots of each , only 4 of the jars outta 8 grew, and on 1 spot.
- the temp did flucuate prob between 75-83 maybe during the day, and during the night. dunno if that would effect it.
- 2 of the 4 stopped growing it seems like.
- 2 of the 4 is just about finished.
- 2 of the 4s are complete.
- I even went and inoculated a dif strain in 2 more jars, maybe 10 days later(dif strain) the right way shakin it up real good, and it grew in all 4 spots and there just about done too.
- I started inoc at nov 3rd

Anyhow thanks for the help in advance. Any input is apreciated.

Thanks for the help

Edited by bawla47 (11/29/04 10:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: my grow haulted, wtf? [Re: bawla47]
    #3425624 - 11/29/04 10:24 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Um, cold can slow growth, if the mycelium gets darker, thats a contam but the contam should spread quickly so im not quite sure what you got going on.gl

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: my grow haulted, wtf? [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3425638 - 11/29/04 10:27 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Heat can also kill your spores but im not sure what happens when they die, i know growth would Stop but im not sure what color the myc. would change to, maybe a less brillant white? gl

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #3425640 - 11/29/04 10:27 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

if there is tape on your holes remove it completely. and flip the jar lid down. and also get yur temp to 80-85f.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: my grow haulted, wtf? [Re: Psychoslut]
    #3425650 - 11/29/04 10:28 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Oh yeah and that to, airflow, the more the better but if you're lacking tyvek or polyfil then ur also inviting contams.

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #3425655 - 11/29/04 10:30 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

But if he has a proper verm layer he should be cool, read the tape thread in the cake archive.

--------------------

Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#3425674 - 11/29/04 10:33 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah that's truw but why cancel out your hard work? Yeah you have some protection but damn, i wouldn't want to hardcore test it heh, i'm a clean-freak but gl, i wouldnt shoot for that unless your environemt is rather clean. Later, and yes, dry verm. helps, but tyvek Works. n/m, Gl man, i hope ur stuff turns out well

Offlinebawla47
Stranger
    #3425681 - 11/29/04 10:35 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i never had tape actually, i dont know why i said it was removed. lol, i also forgot to mention, the jars were gettin alot of moisture, so i opened them all a tad, then closed them tight again 1-2 days, maybe 4-5 days ago. Maybe that has something to do with it?
My holes are pretty tiny on the top too, used a size down drill bit, i think 3/32 , the needle just fit.

Edited by bawla47 (11/29/04 10:43 PM)

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #3425688 - 11/29/04 10:38 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I never use tape on my PF-style jars. I do my inoculation in a glove box. I use alluminum foil to cover the jars, the same piece that acted like a water-block in the PC. I dont have a contam problem at all.

For a newb with no glove box, I would say leave the tape untill it is half colonised then remove it. If you leave it on the second half of your grow will take 3 times the ammount of time that it should, because the first half of the colonisation has made the co2 level too high. If yur really worried, put a pollyfill filter on and leave the tape.

my .02  :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #3426165 - 11/30/04 12:28 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Leave the tape till you see the myc start to grow the remove it. Should you see t he growth start to stop or slow down flip the jar upside down

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: my grow haulted, wtf? [Re: Magash]
    #3426185 - 11/30/04 12:33 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

is my way a bad way, or will it cause contams?

--------------------

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3426213 - 11/30/04 12:40 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Hell no. Your way is safer then mine by far just by shooting in the glove box. Just the way I've done it in the past and it worked out well. The main reason I leave the tape till I see growth is I figure why loose moisture in the substrate if growth hasen't started yet. I never did test it out to see if there was anything to it.  :thumbup:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #3426251 - 11/30/04 12:50 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

when i case my cakes, should there be peroxide in the casing layer, can i just go ahead and mix some in, or will that stop the mycel from growing through? ive got a major contam problem cause my basement is full of green, and black mold, and prolly other crap.

sorry for jacking this thread, but Magash is on and ive got some questions :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3426272 - 11/30/04 12:55 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Naw it won't hurt the casing layer. Myc isn't bothered by the h202. Just use the standard 10/1 mix to moisten the casing layer a bit. Myself I mix it a little stronger.

--------------------

OfflineDastoner
n00b

Loc: NORTHWEST, USA
    #3426280 - 11/30/04 12:56 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I didnt read all of the responses but heres my input:

Make sure the lids arent on too tight so there is oxygen flow, make sure when you are putting the substrate in the jars that you dont pack it down so it is airy and the mycelium has room to breath.

I hope this helps

--------------------
-------------------------------
I hope this post Helped you.

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #3426297 - 11/30/04 01:00 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

so like a tablespoon (or should i use more :shrug:) of 3% h2o2 in 1 cup of sterile h2o, and then use that to moisturize my verm caseing layer?

--------------------

Offlinebawla47
Stranger
    #3435232 - 12/01/04 09:58 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

theyve been flipped for 2 days, still no growth. This sucks. Anyone have any explanation of what it could be? co2 exhausted?

2 of them arent done at all, still need growing, while 2 others are just about done, but i was waitin on them to start to look like this.
http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23593/pag/3

doesnt look like thats gonna happen tho. should i wait longer(week or so), and if nothing after that, go ahead and try and birth them?
itll be 1 month for them on the 3rd of dec.

Offlinebawla47
Stranger
Re: my grow haulted, wtf? [Re: Dastoner]
    #3435238 - 12/01/04 10:00 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Dastoner said:

Make sure the lids arent on too tight so there is oxygen flow, make sure when you are putting the substrate in the jars that you dont pack it down so it is airy and the mycelium has room to breath.

should i try openin the lids a bit then, or keep them flipped?

OfflineDastoner
n00b

Loc: NORTHWEST, USA
    #3435251 - 12/01/04 10:03 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

loosen the lids a bit.

--------------------
-------------------------------
I hope this post Helped you.

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
    #3435776 - 12/02/04 12:33 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Hey mate I have had the same experience with my 8 cakes, 3 show no growth 3 are very slow, 1 contam, and now after almost 5 weeks 1 is almost 100% at last.

Similarities:
- I did not shake the syringe be4 inoc
- I had the holes covered untill 8-10 days ago tightly with alufoil
- In 1 cake mycelium started from 2 points, further only from 1 point. That is taking about 4 times longer to colonize!

What cake mix did you use, which ratio I mean?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract