Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePuke
Never Again

Loc: North of you
Vote Pro med MJ on CNN
    #3424598 - 11/29/04 06:54 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Jus a lil vote about med marijuana.  :cool: Over 90% for so far

Lol helps if i post the link  :tongue2: http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/paula.zahn.now/

--------------------
I used to get high on life, but then I built up a tolerance.

~~~~Got Wake Bitches?~~~~

Edited by Puke (11/29/04 06:55 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: Vote Pro med MJ on CNN [Re: Puke]
    #3424605 - 11/29/04 06:56 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

link?

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflinePuke
Never Again

Re: Vote Pro med MJ on CNN [Re: Todcasil]
    #3424616 - 11/29/04 06:57 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Its there  :smile: :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
    #3424631 - 11/29/04 07:00 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

94% now thanks to Shroomerites :smirk:

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: Vote Pro med MJ on CNN [Re: OldSpice]
    #3424675 - 11/29/04 07:08 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

nice :smile:

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Vote Pro med MJ on CNN [Re: Todcasil]
    #3425153 - 11/29/04 08:24 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

So that was you guys! 97%!

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Invisibledr_gonz
. [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3425181 - 11/29/04 08:29 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: Vote Pro med MJ on CNN [Re: dr_gonz]
    #3425371 - 11/29/04 09:11 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Although I don't really think pot has any really good medical uses for a lot of people, if it helps a few people out even, that is all that matters. Medical pot might just open the doors for some new pot laws, of course this is after Bush is gone...

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: Vote Pro med MJ on CNN [Re: Cubieman420]
    #3425381 - 11/29/04 09:14 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

It does help a lot of people.

Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 6' under pushin up shroom...
Re: Vote Pro med MJ on CNN [Re: Cubieman420]
    #3425386 - 11/29/04 09:15 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Hahaha, rofl, "BUCK FUSH"

--------------------

OfflinePuke
Never Again

#3425476 - 11/29/04 09:43 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Right on guys  :cool: Every little bit counts im living in canada where things are a lot more lax hoping you guys down there can start  :stoned: more free down there  :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

#3425482 - 11/29/04 09:45 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, I'm hoping that things look a little better up here. We're so close, yet so far away from what I've been ultimately wishing for.

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #3425592 - 11/29/04 10:15 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I caught that interview today. The lady they had representing drug free america or whatever was your typical misinformed/brainwashed moron. Her arguments were so weak and didn't directly adsress the question, it was pretty funny and sad at the same time.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflineDutch_Mushrooms
MushroomDistributor
Loc: The netherlands
    #3427089 - 11/30/04 08:59 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

They prolley wont publish the poll since its such a overwhelming majority of people saying "yes". Prolley not the answer they were hoping for.... :thumbup:

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
Re: Vote Pro med MJ on CNN [Re: Dutch_Mushrooms]
    #3427192 - 11/30/04 09:38 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

My favorite (worst) argument that lady had was that "marijuana has the potential to become addictive"

Jesus Christ, that is such a ridiculous argument considering how awesome and addicting prescription drugs can be.  I mean, OxyContin, Vicodin, morphine....

Well whatever, I'll still be smoking regardless :wink:

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #3427204 - 11/30/04 09:40 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

yeah cuz it hella makes a lolzer difference in the rofflez
world voting on some lmao poll on cnn lol rofflze lol lol

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

OfflineSilven
Male

Loc: El Mexicano
Re: Vote Pro med MJ on CNN [Re: Boom]
    #3427526 - 11/30/04 11:51 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Booooom wrote:
Quote:

Jesus Christ, that is such a ridiculous argument considering how awesome and addicting prescription drugs can be. I mean, OxyContin, Vicodin, morphine....

Well whatever, I'll still be smoking regardless

I'll smoke to that.

I just voted too. Down to 91%, but still.. pretty overwhelming.

Not like it matters. Everyone who has an ache in their knee or a pain in their back would benefit from smoking a bowl. Marijuana is an incredible pain reliever. I was only able to eat when I had mono like 4 years ago because I smoked weed, my throat hurt so bad, it took almost all my pain away, and it does the same for cancer patients who can legally/illegally smoke it.

--------------------
What do you bring to the table?

InvisiblePoC
Relax
Male User Gallery

Re: Vote Pro med MJ on CNN [Re: Dutch_Mushrooms]
    #3427590 - 11/30/04 12:10 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

I caught that interview today. The lady they had representing drug free america or whatever was your typical misinformed/brainwashed moron. Her arguments were so weak and didn't directly adsress the question, it was pretty funny and sad at the same time.

How true. The lady kept insisting that there were thousands of experiments done with cannabus and all of them clearly determined that marijuana is a dangerous drug that had no therapeutic use. What an ignorant and blind fool to say all these things right after a lady who treats her illnesses just made testimony, along with thousands before her, that marijuana has helped...this lady was clearly having a better quality of life and was not dead or dying because of cannabus, of course.

It's disturbing that the lawmakers are using the FDA approval process to defend their stance saying that to circumvent the FDA would set a "dangerous precident". Millions of people every day smoke, eat, and vaporize marijuana, and have been for many, many years with what consequence? It seems to me that civilization has continued forward reguardless of the consumption of cannabus. Robert DuPont mentioned that people had not just gone to the FDA to approve cannabus because they were afraid it would be rejected. He said that if people think marijuana was unfairly excused, they could raise lawsuits and find checks in the system. However, supporters have definitely gone to the FDA several times to no avail.

When clear conservative questions were asked about "Well why not make heroin or cocaine available, too?", doctors were quick to inform them that cocaine is used and FDA approved, as it is a schedule II where weed is schedule I, and that while the US doesn't use heroin medicinally, other countries are, and have for hundreds of years, and the US has many opiates in use as treatments.

A furtherly disturbing appearance of the second drug czar (Robert DuPont), also former director of NIDA, made me cringe as a person DEFINITELY biased towards something I oppose spoke on that podium to millions of people across numerous TV networks. *sigh* DuPont insisted that this movement for medicinal marijuana was just a step in 'guise towards complete drug legalization of all sorts and that it had been backed by large amounts of money (a claimed $33 million). It's funny...that's at most 1/50th of what the government spends each year trying to keep weed illegal...

--------------------

Edited by PoC (11/30/04 12:21 PM)

OfflineSilven
Male

Loc: El Mexicano
Re: Vote Pro med MJ on CNN [Re: PoC]
    #3427754 - 11/30/04 12:51 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

It's become obvious to me that the only reason that drugs are illegal is because it allows a person to think on a different level than those in our government.

What are they so afraid of? Are they afraid of they, themselves becoming addicted to heroin? What is the problem with me snorting a line of cocaine or smoking a spliff? If a person doesn't like drugs, then they can choose not to do them. If a person does like drugs, then by all means partake.

I don't advise children to go out and find themselves a big pile of coke and stick their face in it, and I'd be pretty pissed off if someone ever gave a child cocaine to just go and do.. it's not like our government couldn't regulate it's use like they do cigarettes and especially alcohol. Maybe coke isn't the best example, I don't even really like it, but even marijuana.

I find it rather funny that the lady you are talking of spoke so negatively toward even the medicinal value of marijuana when obviously it does help, especially those who are in constant pain. I'm sure almost everyone at the Shroomery knows that marijuana takes away your pain and cares for a short while, but still allows you to function adequately both mentally and physically. I mean jesus.. I can still shoot a gun accurately from 150 yards away and hit a target while I'm ripped out of my mind.

I would like to hear the real reason that drugs are outlawed, and not just because "They are bad for you.", that's a bunch of bullshit. Everything is bad for us. Tylenol can destroy your stomach and liver, and god knows what else. Pop ruins the enamel on our teeth and makes us fat. TV makes us fat and lazy as well as easy to control with the shit from the media. Cigarettes cause multiple forms of cancer. Alcohol causes serosis (sp?) of the liver plus countless other health defects.

Jesus fucking christ, when will the lies stop? When will we have a government that cares about the FREEDOM that they preach to the people of our country as well as the people of the world? The people outside our country that think this is paradise are obviously blinded by the huge lie of Freedom and opportunity that our media and movies preach to them.

Meanwhile the drug war pushes our "Free prosperous" country even deeper in to debt, not to mention the war on terrorism that we're not accomplishing anything by continuing as well. I even thought it was funny that Bin Laden made an appearance for our election, what a fucking joke, it reminded me of a badly acted night of SNL.

I need to stop ranting.. but I think there's atleast a bit of worth in my rant somewhere.. I'm just not sure. Take what you will from it.

--------------------
What do you bring to the table?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder