Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineQuotaMan
Stranger
Loc: BayArea, CA
Re: TRiP InHAnCerS [Re: Anonymous]
    #337600 - 06/08/01 04:05 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

smokin bud enhances your trip

-The 1/4 Man

--------------------
The 1/4 Man

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRainbow
addict
Re: TRiP InHAnCerS [Re: QuotaMan]
    #337750 - 06/08/01 09:29 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

LSD and Psilocybin are both very safe drugs, with minimal side effects, with the most obvious negative phsyical side effects being slight increase in body temperature, slightly increased heart rate and blood pressure, increased levels of glucose in the blood, and dizziness, drowsiness, nausea, and other effects that though noticeable, seldom have any serious effects. (paraphrased from A Primer for Drug Action)

OfflineFaaip_De_Oiad
as above, so below
Male User Gallery

Loc: Malice, Tx
    #338378 - 06/11/01 03:29 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Let me guess, you use AOL.

Take off every 'zig' ...for great justice

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: TRiP InHAnCerS [Re: LillSkit]
    #339955 - 06/13/01 04:10 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

yeah

"Where do you draw the line?"

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Offlinecandytripper
Stranger
    #339998 - 06/13/01 05:05 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I know that some people take Vitamin C with XTC because when you roll hydrogen peroxide is produced in the brain and the vitamin C acts as an anti-oxidant which helps minimize the damage caused. There's a really cool slide show at www.dancesafe.com that explains what happens in your brain when you're rolling on E.

OfflinePyro_Funk
Stranger
Re: TRiP InHAnCerS [Re: LillSkit]
    #340153 - 06/13/01 08:50 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

well Im surprised nobody has mentioned a little thing I like to call, oh I dunno say.....MARIJUANA!!! Jesus this shit totally enhances your shroom high!

*edit* heh never mind Im a dumbass and neglected to hit the "show all" button

Edited by Pyro_Funk on 06/13/01 10:52 PM.

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
Re: TRiP InHAnCerS [Re: seraphim]
    #340818 - 06/14/01 05:05 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

im with seraphim on this one... mother nature is the best trip inhancer ever!
although i must say i always carry my headphones and some good music to feed them with me... yup, music is KEY...
never EVER turned on the TV while tripping... NOT ONCE! not even thought about it...

peace

In(di)go

"All this pain is an illusion... of what it means to be alive"

--------------------

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: TRiP InHAnCerS [Re: In(di)go]
    #341405 - 06/15/01 11:15 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I agree that nature is the best, and music is really cool while tripping but tv can be awsome too, you should try it:)

sucked into the vortex....

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: TRiP InHAnCerS [Re: stefan]
    #341511 - 06/15/01 01:57 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

nature is the best but can also give off scary visuals at night, i think nature is much nicer in the day with some pink floyd on ... music can make or kill the trip, so i always make sure i have good music on. anything Pink Floyd is sure to take you away, recently ive been experimenting with Momentary Lapse of Reason, some really trippy tracks (Dogs of War is creepy but great) Ummagumma is an acid favorite, i love it on acid, but i have yet to try it on shrooms. Dark Side is a give-away, its pretty much essential.
Bob Marley pulled me out of an almost bad trip and then i was in perfect euphoria, id definitely suggest Marley to get into the groove, then put on floyd when you are "accustomed" to the trip, near the peak.
on terms of dosage, I always hear how people suggest jumping in as opposed to wading in. now with weed i would say jump the hell in, but psychedelics are really fucking powerful and not safe enough to just jump in, you can be really psychologically damaged for doing that. but i dont suggest doing a tiny dosage either, cuz that would be flat out boring. 1.5 - 2.0 g cubensis is just right, but when im more experienced im going for 2.5 - 3.5 g if i feel prepared. smoking weed always seems to help calm me down while giving me stronger visuals at the same time. cigarettes are also nice for relaxing, but i tend to get carried away and end up smoking multiple packs in a trip

We're all mad here...

OfflineDarK_SavioR
addict
Loc: Down the Street
Re: TRiP InHAnCerS [Re: Rainbow]
    #341841 - 06/15/01 10:08 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

LSD is a safe drug? lsd messes up your chromozones and leaves fluid on your spine... wtf you smokin' man? hehe... thats damage to your chromozones, it isn't hurting you bad but your descendants aren't gonna be at 100%. Psilocybin Mushrooms are physically safe... both acid and shrooms have potential to fuck up people's minds who aren't prepared for the experience and as with any "drug" you could do some stupid shit while you're under the influence. I'm not dissing off lsd or shrooms, I do them both, but do some research before you go telling people its safe ; ) I know it hurts me, but I still do it.... also, not all "acid" is lsd. "Acid" made from hawaiin woodrose or morning glory seeds is actually lsa which is a different chemical all togethor... anyway, I'm not trying to start a flame about wether drugs are safe or not. They sure as hell don't help your body though.
check out www.erowid.org or www.lycaeum.org for more information relating to drugs.

"Now chew em up and slam the orange juice. Vitamin C chase, kill the taste. You can tell its nasty by the look on my face."

Long Live The Free Spore Ring!

--------------------
Vitamin C chase, kill the taste. You can tell its nasty by the look on my face.
Ralphster44 & The FSR!
All thats stated above is for humor and a lie!!

OfflineDarK_SavioR
addict
Re: TRiP InHAnCerS [Re: HB]
    #341843 - 06/15/01 10:11 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I like to listen to some good techno, lights out, blacklight on, glow in the dark stars on the walls, and a nice lava lamp with a few friends tripping with me... eyecandy is also fun to look at. try www.mentalfx.com ; )

"Now chew em up and slam the orange juice. Vitamin C chase, kill the taste. You can tell its nasty by the look on my face."

--------------------
Ralphster44 & The FSR!

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: TRiP InHAnCerS [Re: DarK_SavioR]
    #342088 - 06/16/01 10:12 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

"lsd messes up your chromozones and leaves fluid on your spine..."

Please don't spread this type of misinformation. It's wrong, and it only serves to create more public hatred for a drug that already has more than it's share of misguided rumours.

Yes, there was a study done that "found" LSD to cause chromosomal breaks. The study was never duplicated. The levels of LSD required to cause the damage were higher than any dose you could probably take.

The level's at which LSD might cause chromosome damage happen to be above the levels at which caffeine and asprin cause the same damage. So don't believe everything you hear.

As for the fluid in your spine...I sure hope that I have fluid in my spine. If LSD caused a depletion of spinal fluid...then we'd have a problem. Fluid is supposed to be in your spine.

The best idea I can come up with for the "LSD and fluid in your spine" rumour (which I hear more and more, lately) is that it started as a rumour aboud MDMA and spinal fluid. I can't remember exactly...but wasn't there a study done that found certain neurotransmitters had leaked into spinal fluid after MDMA usage? Don't hold me to that...I can't remember for sure. Somehow I think someone heard the rumour about MDMA and got it mixed up with LSD. *shrug*

Anyway, as far as the chromosome damage...check here.
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_writings3.shtml

-----------------------

You, too, can become a Sideburn Wearing Drug Buddy.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineDarK_SavioR
addict
Re: TRiP InHAnCerS [Re: trendal]
    #342406 - 06/16/01 06:18 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

By fluid being left on your spine I meant additional fluid... dunno though. Thats what I've heard since high school and the reason why the lsd can be detected in a spinal tap. Could very well be a rumor. Another thing, I don't take asprin because I know its bad for you... I do take a lot of caffeine though, heh. I'd rather people know that it has been known to hurt your chromozones rather than be told its a safe drug. LSD compared to other drugs is physically a lot safer. I said I didn't want to start a flame, but thanks for putting up that info... that did kind of sound like I was trying to scare people away from acid : )~ I just don't want some kid reading that any drugs are safe. Even shrooms and pot can be abused.

Crobih is my Founder of the Shroomery!

Edited by DarK_SavioR on 06/16/01 08:21 PM.

--------------------
Ralphster44 & The FSR!

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#342485 - 06/16/01 09:18 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

It's a good thing to say that drugs aren't safe, yes. But you should always do so by stating the actual dangers of a drug.

LSD is, at least physically, one of the safest drugs you could possible take. The study on chromosomal damage has been critizised ever since it was published, and by some researchers it has been dismissed altogether. The aditional fluid in your spine...I looked around the net and couldn't find any medical evidence for it (a few people suggesting it in newsgroups was all I found). Also, LSD can NOT be detected in your body, anywhere in your body, beyond about 24 hours after dosing. LSD is an extremely fragile chemical, and your body breaks it down or excretes most of it within 24 hours.

The dangers with LSD (don't say there aren't any) lie in the mental and psychological trauma that can be caused by the experience. As far as science knows...that is the ONLY danger with LSD.

-----------------------

Edited by trendal on 06/16/01 11:22 PM.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

OfflineDarK_SavioR
addict
    #342511 - 06/16/01 09:59 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds good : )

Resuming what this thread was originally about.... Like I said, I like a comfortable room with the lights out but a blacklight on, some friends, nice music, and some nice stuff to look at. Someone mentioned not watching the television... I find it fun to attempt to play video games or to let the playstation run those spectrum things in the cd player. Only works on the dual shocks (maybe the new PS ones too) and you press select to get to it in case anyone didn't know about that. I think each person is gonna have different things that will "inhance" there trip though... just try and be somewhere comfortable, music is great to have, plenty of stuff to please your eyes and anything else you can think of, friends are nice to have too ; ) hehe. I prefer taking shrooms "pure" and not togethor with other drugs... just me though. Try watching some cartoons... some of em seam freaky when you're tripping. I think its called "Coward the Courageous Dog" or something on cartoon network that seams real weird... that shits freaky when you're sober though, lol

Crobih is my Founder of the Shroomery!

--------------------
Ralphster44 & The FSR!

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#342726 - 06/17/01 09:22 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I couldn't imagine doing shrooms alone. I usually like to do them with a group of friends (5 or 6 of us who ALWAYS trip together) in a LIGHT room. No music, no TV. At least not for the most part, sometimes we watch a movie as we come down.

Anyway, I find that doing it in a group with people I know, trust, and really get along with makes for a great trip. We all get to laugh as one guy (he always does this) gets up and starts talking to us about crazy stuff as if it were real philosophy.

Oh, a TV set to a channel that doesn't come in can be really trippy. I once thought I was watching a movie until someone told me the cable was out.

-----------------------

--------------------

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

#343092 - 06/17/01 09:29 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

ya i wanted to do shrooms/acid alone but rethinking it i really figured it would be one of the worst tripping ideas, at least until im more experienced. i hear many people saying they enjoy tripping alone more, but i figure the risks outweigh the good elements. when im alone, nobody is there to help me through a bad trip or try to convince me that the trip is going to end finally even though it takes a day for the minute hand to move on the clock. i actually think the company of other people, even non-trippers, adds to the trip. on shrooms, i love company, no matter who it is. on acid, however, i tend to get very paranoid and would rather only have one trip buddy with me. but i could NEVER do acid alone, shrooms maybe, but acid is just way too much to handle alone in my room. that would be fucking frightening

We're all mad here...

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom